• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why does he hate you lot then?

Fatso back in 2005: "I've got no respect for their camp, I've got no time for the management team and I dislike them intensely, put that on the record" ...the manager being the utterly obnoxious and outspoken and in no way pleasant and professional, er, Martin Ling. He especially doesn't like us for playing passing football and singing about him being a c***. Crawley/Evans really are the most hated club/manager combo in the League.

Fatso back in 2005: "I've got no respect for their camp, I've got no time for the management team and I dislike them intensely, put that on the record" ...the manager being the utterly obnoxious and outspoken and in no way pleasant and professional, er, Martin Ling. He especially doesn't like us for playing passing football and singing about him being a c***. Crawley/Evans really are the most hated club/manager combo in the League.

To be fair it's Evans. it's not really Crawley. Had they not appointed the tubby, cheating Ken Doddite they'd have been no more guilty of crimes against football as the likes of Dragonham and Redbridge or Stevenage who also spent shedloads chasing league football. But then my question has always been...with that amount of money behind them, why can't they have given someone else the managers job..I mean they could have bought almost anyone to manage their bunch of mercenaries. But no, it has to be that prize tunc

Leave me out of it!

I had a rather disturbing conversation with Badger74 the other day, we were discussing the impending Cup draw and he asked who'd i'd "support" if the Ewes or the SadOs drew Crawley, i replied i'd hope either smash the fat **** 8-0

I genuinely surprised myself at how easily the words came out and obviously had to wash my mouth out with soap and water straight after

To be fair it's Evans. it's not really Crawley. Had they not appointed the tubby, cheating Ken Doddite they'd have been no more guilty of crimes against football as the likes of Dragonham and Redbridge or Stevenage who also spent shedloads chasing league football. But then my question has always been...with that amount of money behind them, why can't they have given someone else the managers job..I mean they could have bought almost anyone to manage their bunch of mercenaries. But no, it has to be that prize tunc

I can't agree that Daggers or Stevenage have thrown shedloads of money on attaining league status. I think it's pretty well known that John Still has one of the lowest budgets antwhere. And while I think Westley is a classless gobshite he too has got promotions on a small budget.

As I've said before I have no problems abut Crawley, however I think the Football League should seek transparency over their funding and finanances. Evans remains convicted of fraud and should not be in a position of managing a club ever. It seems to me that the TV companies are in thrall to Evans & Crawley as ever without knowing the full story.

I had a rather disturbing conversation with Badger74 the other day, we were discussing the impending Cup draw and he asked who'd i'd "support" if the Ewes or the SadOs drew Crawley, i replied i'd hope either smash the fat **** 8-0

I genuinely surprised myself at how easily the words came out and obviously had to wash my mouth out with 15 pints of Stella straight after

Edited for factual purposes.

I can't agree that Daggers or Stevenage have thrown shedloads of money on attaining league status. I think it's pretty well known that John Still has one of the lowest budgets antwhere. And while I think Westley is a classless gobshite he too has got promotions on a small budget.

As I've said before I have no problems abut Crawley, however I think the Football League should seek transparency over their funding and finanances. Evans remains convicted of fraud and should not be in a position of managing a club ever. It seems to me that the TV companies are in thrall to Evans & Crawley as ever without knowing the full story.

Fair play..I wasn't really talking about the last few years. More in the last 20 years when they both winched themselves up through the non league pyramid with the aid of (comparitively) vast sums of money. Dag/Dreadbridge will be forever disliked however by anyone who was a true non leage football in the 80's/90's. But I'm not overly disagreeing with you. They've done nothing wrong as such, my point was that Evans is the main problem, not specifically Crawley. Though the 2 may well be intrinsically linked.

BTW : How many Dagenham & Redbridge directors does it take to change a lightbulb?

Fair play..I wasn't really talking about the last few years. More in the last 20 years when they both winched themselves up through the non league pyramid with the aid of (comparitively) vast sums of money. Dag/Dreadbridge will be forever disliked however by anyone who was a true non leage football in the 80's/90's. But I'm not overly disagreeing with you. They've done nothing wrong as such, my point was that Evans is the main problem, not specifically Crawley. Though the 2 may well be intrinsically linked.

BTW : How many Dagenham & Redbridge directors does it take to change a lightbulb?

That's fair comment as to how D&R came about, there's about 3 clubs combined I think. I've mentioned before that we've seen Nouveau Riche clubs come, go, crash & burn, and like as not this will happen to Crawley in time. I agree that Evans is the main problem and because of hispast shouldn't be in such a position. He has all the easy charm of dog ****.

29fthu8.png

his comments on the FL show last night were poor... what else were Accrington going to do at the league leaders? that will inspire the rest of the league to go to Crawley and shut up shop......
the man is rotten to the core

That's fair comment as to how D&R came about, there's about 3 clubs combined I think. I've mentioned before that we've seen Nouveau Riche clubs come, go, crash & burn, and like as not this will happen to Crawley in time. I agree that Evans is the main problem and because of hispast shouldn't be in such a position. He has all the easy charm of dog ****.

I think the current Dagenham & Redbridge are 6 clubs - Leytonstone, Ilford, Leytonstone & Ilford, Walhamstow Avenue, Redbridge Forest & Dagenham. I can't imagine many, if any, of the current Dagenham & Redbridge fans were actually fans of any of these clubs apart from Dagenham of course.

his comments on the FL show last night were poor... what else were Accrington going to do at the league leaders? that will inspire the rest of the league to go to Crawley and shut up shop......
the man is rotten to the core

Agree, must be a little embarrassing for the Creepy board and fans the way he acts. The way Accrington played obviously got to them, lets home scouts from Hereford & Oxford (their next two league games) .

at least we might get a good crowd when we play them , as everyone will want to shout abuse at the xxxxxx.
they have some tough games after us. Hopefully we will be able to start, or even beter add to Evan's losing streak

Agree, must be a little embarrassing for the Creepy board and fans the way he acts. The way Accrington played obviously got to them, lets home scouts from Hereford & Oxford (their next two league games) .

I can't comment on the board, but the fact they banned Evans from talking to the Beeb last week because they were "concerned they'd want to talk about the money" seems to suggest they are up to their necks in the whole shenanigans too, and as for their "fans" .. the ones on the FL show last week were beyond a joke in their arrogance and smugness

Dag/Dreadbridge will be forever disliked however by anyone who was a true non leage football in the 80's/90's.

Why ? They spent the 80s mainly in the Conference but also in the Isthmian League as simply Dagenham FC.

I think the current Dagenham & Redbridge are 6 clubs - Leytonstone, Ilford, Leytonstone & Ilford, Walhamstow Avenue, Redbridge Forest & Dagenham. I can't imagine many, if any, of the current Dagenham & Redbridge fans were actually fans of any of these clubs apart from Dagenham of course.

You're double counting. There were just three clubs (and combinations thereof) and Dagenham. The others had all merged/disappeared or whatever before Redbridge Forest merged with Dagenham in the early 90s. Someone seems to have a bit of a vendetta against Dagenham !

Not only is Mr Evans the fattest manager in the league hes evidently also the thickest. Saying those things about Accrington is only going to fire them up for the return fixture. Im sure the majority of Crawley fans and players are decent people but he is making them very unlikeable.
Not only that but its extreme hypocrisy from him. Was he not in charge of Boston who used to put sand on their pitch to stop other teams playing decent football?

Complete knob jockey.

Back