• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Everyone and To Whom It May Concern,

Obviously everyone's on a high from our performances and perhaps this is not the best objective time to suggest this.
Characters in football are notoriously mercenary and its very rare to get the local lad who remains loyal, even when kicked out before a testimonial, though of course he went to that other local club and helped with our youth. Standing in the wings of managment we all know the rest of the story.
Nominating Steve for an award needn't be subjective, because we love him. Steve proves that there are people with integrity and loyalty and love for the club they promote which in turn creates a fantastic community!
I could nominate him but I am just another supporter who like hundreds would all wish to see him recognised by this country as someone to look up to.
With, hopefully the support of fellow zoners, can I suggest someone at the club, or the echo reading this download the following form;-

Click here for form.
and set those wheels in motion.

Steve is a shining example of our community. It is not with rose tinted glasses that I suggest this.

Does everyone agree? can we get some voice on this?

Perhaps we could agree on a standard citation (which is required on the form), but which we could each change slightly so it doesn't seem like we're doing it en-masse.

I would be willing to nominate but would need some input. However i honestly feel that someone with clout from the media or the club or even the Trust would be better to organize it as they would have contacts from people to call on. i would just have fellow supporters.
I'm sure people like Fry, Powell, Collymore et al would be only to willing to write something but they'd need to be contacted etc.

I sometimes see Barret shopping and I doubt that would be the correct line of approach?

In the years that we were flying high, and Steve was an integral part of the team. He used to give up at least 2 evening a week to coach local kids in & around Wickford, this I know was at great personnel expense, as it involved hiring out the Bromfords Sports Hall, and supplying all the kids with sporting gifts of water bottles, goal keeping gloves etc, all this if I remember correctly was of a minimal charge to the boys who attended

What about the Trust asking Sir Teddy if it's appropriate, at this stage, to nominate Tilly and getting Sir Ted to do the nomination?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Sep. 29 2005,11:04)]I would be willing to nominate but would need some input. However i honestly feel that someone with clout from the media or the club or even the Trust would be better to organize it as they would have contacts from people to call on. i would just have fellow supporters.
 I'm sure people like Fry, Powell, Collymore et al would be only to willing to write something but they'd need to be contacted etc.

I sometimes see Barret shopping and I doubt that would be the correct line of approach?
Fry won't do it. Powell probably would, dont know about Stan. We can do something from SZ if we want. To get clout, ooh, why not the present MP, he seems to be trying to milk his position somewhat, trips to Bermuda and so on.

Or the last Mayor, he was a huge fan of Southend.

Or Geoff Allen?

Or the landlord of the Spread?

TBH, this needs to be planned and designed to hit with maximum timing. Like before a televised game for example. I dont think we're quick enough for the Forest game, but the one after that should be OK.

We dont need the club or the local rag (who take most of their scoops from here anyway, or moan (hello Howard!). They will take the credit anyway.

The Trust could help, but they might have a bit on their hand. Still its their AGM next Monday, one of us should go down there. (Not me, Im afraid)

BTW, there could be exciting news re the LDV banner!!!

Sounds like MtS is the pefect person to write the citation(s), then just a simple(?, pehaps with the help of the Trust) matter of getting various notables (RM, MP, Mayor etc) to put their name to them.

.......*BUMP*

All,

I have decided to take this by the horns, there will be a piece in the Echo regarding this on Thursday with a contact, basically anyone would would like to pen a few lines or experiences for this cause please forward them to the link in the echo, I will update today with more info and could/will print of some forms which if the Trust don't mind I can put on their stall on Sunday? However anyone can write their piece which will all be attached to the nomination.

Sorry this isn't all formal yet as I'm at work.

let's give Tilly the nations recognition and nod.

Yours,

Dave

aka
artfulshrimper

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Sep. 29 2005,13:12)].......*BUMP*

All,

I have decided to take this by the horns, there will be a piece in the Echo regarding this on Thursday with a contact, basically anyone would would like to pen a few lines or experiences for this cause please forward them to the link in the echo, I will update today with more info and could/will print of some forms which if the Trust don't mind I can put on their stall on Sunday? However anyone can write their piece which will all be attached to the nomination.

Sorry this isn't all formal yet as I'm at work.

let's give Tilly the nations recognition and nod.

Yours,

Dave

aka
artfulshrimper
great stuff AS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Sep. 29 2005,09:13)]Nominating Steve for an award needn't be subjective, because we love him. Steve proves that there are people with integrity and loyalty and love for the club they promote which in turn creates a fantastic community!
Presumably the citation would be for "Services to Sport" as that's what Les Ferdinand was awarded his MBE for in the June list.

Although "Services to Football in Essex" would be more appropriate, as he's been of great value to the game in the county by managing us to 3 victories & a draw in the last 2 years over the A12 scum, thus offically proving that "there's only one team in Essex!"
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ Oct. 04 2005,12:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Sep. 29 2005,09:13)]Nominating Steve for an award needn't be subjective, because we love him. Steve proves that there are people with integrity and loyalty and love for the club they promote which in turn creates a fantastic community!
Presumably the citation would be for "Services to Sport" as that's what Les Ferdinand was awarded his MBE for in the June list.  

Although "Services to Football in Essex" would be more appropriate, as he's been of great value to the game in the county by managing us to 3 victories & a draw in the last 2 years over the A12 scum, thus offically proving that "there's only one team in Essex!"  
laugh.gif
"Services to Football in Essex" might prove a moot point to inbredhabitants of Col******r.

Services to Sport would also cover Tilly's time as an England table-tennis player... (did he ever get an England cap / paddle / ping-pong ball (*)?)

rock.gif

Matt

(*Now have image of Tilly in a Patpong bar... "ten dollar... love you long-time...")

oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimperstrust @ Oct. 04 2005,14:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Sep. 29 2005,13:12)]will print of some forms which if the Trust don't mind I can put on their stall on Sunday?
No Probs  
smile.gif
Excellent, I will run off some petitions and also some blank forms for anyone who wishes to attach their own thoughts. I will see Beaver or someone on the stand Sunday .

Thanks.

Back