• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There are sites with over 200,000 jobs advertised...sure something there will fit.

Discounts for people over official retirement age, under working age and students. Can't see a problem with that.

A huge proportion of jobs on jobsites are duplicates advertised by multiple agencies or nonexistent jobs advertised by agencies trawling for candidates. With nearly 2 million people looking for work, I can see it wouldn't be easy.

£22/£24 isn't much different to what we charge and the football on show will be the same old dirge. Let's not pretend we go to football matches for the facilities? We go to watch the game.

Speak for yourself, I pay £15 (family section has some benefits at least!),the most I would pay is £19, which whilst only £3 a game less is £69 a year cheaper.

This will sell out im pretty sure. For me its an hour from Billericay so very local as away games go. Its easy to get to, easy to park. We went on a Tueday night a few years back, Corr, scored a cracking solo effort and it was practically sold out, so would expect the same on a saturday

I know it is pay on the day , but can anyone see us selling out ? I won't know If I can go until Friday, and wont arrive much before KO if I do go - so I don't want to turn up and end up in the home end
cheers

I know it is pay on the day , but can anyone see us selling out ? I won't know If I can go until Friday, and wont arrive much before KO if I do go - so I don't want to turn up and end up in the home end
cheers
man up........just get in any end:omg:

This will sell out im pretty sure. For me its an hour from Billericay so very local as away games go. Its easy to get to, easy to park. We went on a Tueday night a few years back, Corr, scored a cracking solo effort and it was practically sold out, so would expect the same on a saturday

That was the game Gilbert was sent off late - in fact it's our only ever League game there and the whole crowd was 2544 and the away end was absolutely nowhere near "practically sold out" !!

That was the game Gilbert was sent off late - in fact it's our only ever League game there and the whole crowd was 2544 and the away end was absolutely nowhere near "practically sold out" !!

I think we only had about 350 to 400 at Stevenage on that Tuesday night. We were not playing that well at the time and had only won about 4 league games and this game was in the middle of November.

cheers

Away end holds 1,400 not sure if we will sell out. But what will happen if a few days before the game we have say sold 1,000 they will almost certainly make it all ticket for away fans.

A huge proportion of jobs on jobsites are duplicates advertised by multiple agencies or nonexistent jobs advertised by agencies trawling for candidates. With nearly 2 million people looking for work, I can see it wouldn't be easy.

Absolute rubbish. Anyone that wants a job can get one. Too many people making excuses or applying for roles above them.

Ignoring Bkdside who is talking out of his backside and getting back to the thread, every club has different prices, (rather like Sainsbury's), but it only generally amounts to a few pounds difference between all clubs. All I know is that I have my ticket and will be there cheering the Blues onto another away win. If we can take 1200 odd to Pompey, surely we can fill the entire away end at Stevenage as it is much nearer.

Last edited:
If we can take 1200 odd to Pompey, surely we can fill the entire away end at Stevenage as it is much nearer.

Good point except visiting Portsmouth (with it's historic football ground and other attractions) has more panache, ooh-la-la and elegance than Stevenage that has yet to build a long football league history. Still I am aiming to be there to assist with filling the away end. :thumbsup:

My apologies, from where I was sitting it look a good turnout that night. Would still expect us to near sell out.

I've already bought mine as I think a decent result at Shrewsbury could encourage those who don't normal travel to visit a ground reasonably close to home.

Good point except visiting Portsmouth (with it's historic football ground and other attractions) has more panache, ooh-la-la and elegance than Stevenage that has yet to build a long football league history. Still I am aiming to be there to assist with filling the away end. :thumbsup:
Trust me there's nothing but retail parks, factories and chavs in Stevenage, centre of Welwyn Garden City much nicer if you want a meal on way home or lunchtime, hop off A1M, 5 mins diversion

£22/£24 isn't much different to what we charge and the football on show will be the same old dirge. Let's not pretend we go to football matches for the facilities? We go to watch the game.

Speak for yourself, I pay £15 (family section has some benefits at least!),the most I would pay is £19, which whilst only £3 a game less is £69 a year cheaper.

Yes, and if you had a season ticket or family membership at Stevenage you'd pay a lot nearer your £15 figure this time. I'm assuming most Southend fans don't have that luxury, therefore we have to pay what Stevenage want to charge us (or not go).

Back