• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC like coming from behind !!!

How many times have you seen us come from 2 down to win ??

• Never: Missed yesterday and i'm gutted

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
Yesterday was just the latest in a long line of matches where we've come from 2 down to win .. Others i recall were Newport and Rushden where we were 2-0 behind and won 4-2, Sheffield United and Wigan where we turned a 0-2 scoreline into a 3-2 win and an LDV-type game versus Cambridge where we trailled 1-3 but won 5-4, and people of Crickos generation may remember a time we were 2 down to Swindon but roared back to crush them 8-2

I also have a nagging memory of a 3-2 win verses Preston from 2 down though i may be getting that confused with the only time i recall us losing such a lead, up at Deepdale in the late 80s

Are there any others people can remember, and how many times have you seen us turn an apparently lost cause into a winning on ??

Darlington @ Home 12/04/04 same scoreline as Saturday's game 3-2.:)

3-0 down home to Rochdale and drew 3-3 I seem to recall.
Also 3-0 up against Port Vale and drew 3-3 (That was about 1970).

Yeah Preston was in 97/98 season, we went 2-0 down very early on and had unbelievably got it back to 3-2 before half time!

Yeah Preston was in 97/98 season, we went 2-0 down very early on and had unbelievably got it back to 3-2 before half time!

:excellent: .. i know i'm getting on a bit, and the old brainbox isn't what it was so thanks for that

So thats 8 times for me, can anyone claim the Swindon one ?? it was in the 50s i think though so perhaps not

I was at the Rushden one, nearly fell over the front edge of the South Upper when we took the lead, leaping around like a crazy. I can remember lots of abuse directed towards Billy Turley was it?

Always remember Ipswich in 1995 with Dublin header and a late scorching volley from Mike Marsh winning it after we went one down.

Two others I remember are beating Sheffield United 3-2 with a couple from Boere after being one nil and 2-1 down at half time. Also Reading 2-1 at home, I cant remember the scorers, both in 1996 I think.

I remember a game v Southport in the 1970's where we were 2-0 down in the first half but won 4-2.

On the flip side I also saw us lose a 2 goal lead at home to Reading with two goals by them in injury time. I think Lawrie Sanchez was one of their scorers that day... 1977 maybe?

I'm sure I can remember ask beating Hartlepool before 3-2 after being 2-0 down with only a few minutes to go. Probably the memory playing tricks but have found we beat Hartlepool 3-2 in November 1985 but cannot find how the scoring went. Help anybody?

My first ever game at Roots Hall was Wigan in about 1987 and I think we did it. Rushden was great and of course yesterday. Also Darlington I would have seen in 2004 but I cant recall it.

I also have a nagging memory of a 3-2 win verses Preston from 2 down though i may be getting that confused with the only time i recall us losing such a lead, up at Deepdale in the late 80s

I remember we beat Preston 3-2 early on in our legendary 1990-91 season. John Cornwall scored an absolute cracker in the last minute. Think we were losing at half-time, but can't remember if we were ever 2-0 down in that game or not.

I remember seeing us come from 3-0 down, only to lose (at the Valley).

I'm sure I can remember ask beating Hartlepool before 3-2 after being 2-0 down with only a few minutes to go. Probably the memory playing tricks but have found we beat Hartlepool 3-2 in November 1985 but cannot find how the scoring went. Help anybody?

That went 0-1 1-1 1-2 with 3 goals in 2 minutes at the end of the first half before we scored twice in injury time at the end to nick the win .. John Gymer scored a couple IIRC :O

I remember a game v Southport in the 1970's where we were 2-0 down in the first half but won 4-2.

On the flip side I also saw us lose a 2 goal lead at home to Reading with two goals by them in injury time. I think Lawrie Sanchez was one of their scorers that day... 1977 maybe?

Think you'll find that was Newport, and Hawkwell Blue had an article in the programme on Saturday about this very game. This was probably the most memorable for me as a group of our mates buggered off to the pub with about 20 minutes left and wouldn't believe us when we told them we'd won 4-2. That stopped a load of fans from leaving early for a time.

Think you'll find that was Newport, and Hawkwell Blue had an article in the programme on Saturday about this very game. This was probably the most memorable for me as a group of our mates buggered off to the pub with about 20 minutes left and wouldn't believe us when we told them we'd won 4-2. That stopped a load of fans from leaving early for a time.

Do you remember Swindon H ??

** ducks for cover **

:p

I arrived after half time for the Newport match 0-2 down. A breathtaking last quarter , a game which will always stick in my memory.

SUFC like coming from behind

I remember this game very well. The blues were two goals down after just ten minutes but by half time were winning five -two, they went on to win by eight goals to two. Tommy Tippet scored a hat trick, Cyril Grant scored two ,Reg Davies got a couple and Jimmy Lawler another.What a great squad we had back then; it included Les Stubbs, Albert Wakefield,Jimmy Mcalinden and Joe Sibley to name a few. Wakefield who had been a prolific scorer for us was out injured with a broken leg suffered on Boxing day at Leyton Orient. He had already scored Fifteen goals for the season by this time and never really recovered unfortunately.

I remember this game very well. The blues were two goals down after just ten minutes but by half time were winning five -two, they went on to win by eight goals to two. Tommy Tippet scored a hat trick, Cyril Grant scored two ,Reg Davies got a couple and Jimmy Lawler another.What a great squad we had back then; it included Les Stubbs, Albert Wakefield,Jimmy Mcalinden and Joe Sibley to name a few. Wakefield who had been a prolific scorer for us was out injured with a broken leg suffered on Boxing day at Leyton Orient. He had already scored Fifteen goals for the season by this time and never really recovered unfortunately.

Excellent stuff LBB

I presume you must be Crickos son ??

I remember that game, we did beat Hartlepool 3-2 after going 2-0 down...John Gymer scored two in injury time I think. Don't know who scored the first but you're right, all 3 were scored at the end of the game.

I remember that game, we did beat Hartlepool 3-2 after going 2-0 down...John Gymer scored two in injury time I think. Don't know who scored the first but you're right, all 3 were scored at the end of the game.

Or not, as was the case ...

See my take on that Hartlepool match if you will :cool:

Back