• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Suggest A New Manager

I'm seriously hoping Hurst is our man. I've given up hope that anyone could keep this shower up, but I'd fancy him to build a promotion winning squad next year.

I'm seriously hoping Hurst is our man. I've given up hope that anyone could keep this shower up, but I'd fancy him to build a promotion winning squad next year.

This ^^

IMO, anyone suggesting there was nobody better than Powell to do the job might in the very least get a close run for their money if we got Hurst in!!

I truly believe that Hurst is the man for us. He was reportedly at the game today which would mean he’s hopefully announced next week... hopefully!

That is very good news if true. My Grimsby supporting mate gave me the low down on him the other night.

He is great at spotting talent from lower down the football pyramid.... gets the ball from front to back quickly and likes his teams to play football in the final third.

He's probably just what we need in league Two to be honest.
Not what I heard from tractor boys...totally out his depth....mind you lower league football is fast approaching Roots hall so it might be his level

Not what I heard from tractor boys...totally out his depth....mind you lower league football is fast approaching Roots hall so it might be his level

Ipswich don’t have a big budget and their owner doesn’t give them much money. So he brought in a load of League One players and it just didn’t work out for him.

Think I saw someone at the game today, gonna be a big shock if it's who I think it was. Some will like it, others would say it's a huge gamble.

Think I saw someone at the game today, gonna be a big shock if it's who I think it was. Some will like it, others would say it's a huge gamble.

Was it that bloke in the East Stand with the bubble perm and brown leather jacket who looks like one of The Professionals?

Last edited:

Ipswich are more of a laughing stock than we are at the moment! Hurst came in and overrated his Shrewsbury players that they would do well in the Championship. They did not, and he subsequently lasted 3 months.

What makes it all the more hilarious is that the fans absolutely hate Hurst's guts for getting them into 4 points of arrears at the foot of the table and 1 win in 14, but they seem to worship Paul Lambert (who was highly successful at their bitter rivals) who came in and has won 2 in the following 25 games and has them 13 points adrift!

They also despise Mick McCarthy despite him being the reason they weren't relegated years before. Most fans are delusional and can't accept that the glory days are long gone and that they are a club in decline who are hemorrhaging money faster than most other clubs. They are also firmly of the belief that it is a "given" that Town will return to the Championship in one season.

Edit: Oh, and they have a chairman who has incredibly long pockets and T Rex arms.

I’ve always liked Alan Devonshire, done well in non league , downfall no league managerial experience, but would be worth a viewing imho

Back