• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm not defending us signing Lacey, with his fitness/injury record an obvious red flag, I don't think you can compare him to Coulson or Ridgewell. Coulson was slow and we had to play a 3 at the back to accommodate this. Ridgewell was severely lacking in any match fitness in his first game and that was him "done" in some supporters eyes.

He played 27 times this season and 21 last season. He will turn 29 in a few days time, so he is still in his prime for a defender. If we are interested in him, I hope we do a full medical to find what niggles/problems he has and if we can manage them. We already have Ralph in defence who will likely miss games with injuries.

Speaking of defenders, wasn't there a rumour in January that we were interested in Will Wright from Dagenham?
Hi Mate,

Wasn't comparing Coulson and Ridgewell with playing styles just injuries with us, so I totally agree with you in that. Just the appearances and injury record.

In the last two seasons as you say Lacey has not reached 30 appearances in any of them, so once again I am in total agreement with you that a full intensive medical would be required to find out what's causing him to miss chunks of the season.

The comparison with Ralph is much better to be fair.

There was indeed. He is down as a RB, but wonder if he can play WB?

I think our biggest priority is now RWB.

The names that have cropped up most often at that position this off-season are - Harry Taylor, formerly of Barnet and Gus Scott-Morris of Hemel Hempstead.

Worth adding @Smiffy ?

Any other suggestions? As @Chapperz mentioned Will Wright was linked in January but has seemed quiet since.

Louis Lomas signing from Brackley it seems. Know nothing about him but has been in the league team of the year more than once consecutively, racking up 30 clean sheets most recently

Posts on the Dan Mooney thread; one says that Lomas has had a medical with us, one that says Lomas hasn't had a medical with us & one that says Lomas hasn't failed* a medical with us ....................

I think that's all options covered.

* in my view one can fail or pass a medical.
It's very rare a player fails a medical unless there is a severe issue. Most are just a formality

The names that have cropped up most often at that position this off-season are - Harry Taylor, formerly of Barnet and Gus Scott-Morris of Hemel Hempstead.

Worth adding @Smiffy ?

Any other suggestions? As @Chapperz mentioned Will Wright was linked in January but has seemed quiet since.

There is a right back whose name you’ve missed, who we are extremely interested in…

Worth adding @Smiffy ?

Yeah I know Gus Scott-Morris was mentioned a few times on here and Twitter a week or two ago, but that’s gone a bit cold since.

Harry Taylor may get a bump onto the list shortly. See the article I posted earlier. But again not a huge amount of chatter about him recently.

Hi Mate,

Wasn't comparing Coulson and Ridgewell with playing styles just injuries with us, so I totally agree with you in that. Just the appearances and injury record.

In the last two seasons as you say Lacey has not reached 30 appearances in any of them, so once again I am in total agreement with you that a full intensive medical would be required to find out what's causing him to miss chunks of the season.

The comparison with Ralph is much better to be fair.

There was indeed. He is down as a RB, but wonder if he can play WB?
It seems like he only played CB this season. While he seems comfortable on the ball from the limited clips I've seen, he doesn't look like the type of player that will be getting down the wing and providing crosses.

Worth adding @Smiffy ?

I have a vague memory of someone saying Stan was watching Boston United play. They had Femi Seriki on loan from Sheffield United so he could be an option.

It seems like he only played CB this season. While he seems comfortable on the ball from the limited clips I've seen, he doesn't look like the type of player that will be getting down the wing and providing crosses.

I have a vague memory of someone saying Stan was watching Boston United play. They had Femi Seriki on loan from Sheffield United so he could be an option.
He was watching Boston's striker Danny Elliott, but I'd be shocked if Seriki didn't catch his eye. He was the best player on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back