• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

I was told that Barratt's injury is normally career ending. So don't expect to much to soon.

Gloomy news from Echo this morning.
Unlikely that DEMETRIOU: HOPPER: BARRATT
Will be fit to start the new season.
So some new blood imperative.

Other than maybe Demetriou this isn't really news.

Still on the bright side we don't have to worry about Coker not being fit!

Oh, and does this mean Gard might be fit to start pre-season if he's not mentioned?

Gloomy news from Echo this morning.
Unlikely that DEMETRIOU: HOPPER: BARRATT
Will be fit to start the new season.
So some new blood imperative.

Hopper was originally ruled out for nine months and that was at the end of October, which takes us to end of July/early August. So hopefully he'll be back fairly early on in the season if not for the start of it, but after such a long period out, he'll inevitably need a while to get used to playing games again.

Other than maybe Demetriou this isn't really news.

Still on the bright side we don't have to worry about Coker not being fit!

Oh, and does this mean Gard might be fit to start pre-season if he's not mentioned?

I agree, this is what I expected; didn't really expect any of them to be fit for the start of the season.

Worrying that Bond isn't looking at strengthening central midfield because Mantom has been inconsistent, Hyam is always injured, Dieng had an awful season and Yearwood has also been poor at times. Big mistake if we fail to recruit in this area.

Worrying that Bond isn't looking at strengthening central midfield because Mantom has been inconsistent, Hyam is always injured, Dieng had an awful season and Yearwood has also been poor at times. Big mistake if we fail to recruit in this area.

I think where we would like to spend money and where we need to spend money are two very different things, as it stands LB, CB and a winger are by far our biggest issues, I do also think that Mantom may kick on next season and Hyam could, (a big could), be a big player for us if we can get him fit for a run of games

SOUTHEND United manager Kevin Bond remains keen on bringing Taylor Moore back to Blues, but does not expect a decision to be made any time soon.

More...

Centre midfield is not the priority; we are short in other positions, centre midfield we are not; whether you rate the players or not.

Peterboroughs 7th signing is pretty controversial, signing lad on sexual offenders register, mind you I suppose we are not whiter than white

We actually had a couple on trial last summer. The biggest problem was they just wouldn't take NO for an answer.

Centre midfield is not the priority; we are short in other positions, centre midfield we are not; whether you rate the players or not.

Let's not also forget, the midfielders were playing a lot better at the start of last season when we had our key players fit.

Any player can lose form when the rest of the team are depleted.

Let's hope over preseason, they can get back to that form.

Reading through this article, where Tony Mowbray talks about the relatively youthful players in the current first XI and then goes on to list quite a few young players who may break through this coming season - but doesn’t mention Sam Hart - it certainly doesn’t look like he is high on the radar on the Rovers manager at the moment. I think we might have a chance to get him, but we will need to wait until next month to do so.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co....s-rovers-team-can-grow-together-says-mowbray/

Echo reporting that Kev's hoping he might have something to report before he goes away this weekend!
Obviously nothing to report then!!
Anyone know how long he's going away for so we know how long we've got to wait before we might hear some / any news? :Winking:

Obviously nothing to report then!!
Anyone know how long he's going away for so we know how long we've got to wait before we might hear some / any news? :Winking:

Yeah I’m a bit disappointed too :Smile:

However, he did say (as we knew already) that the chairman does the deal once he has said who he wants, so presumably something could cross the line and be announced even when Kev is away?

Back