• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

rabbloke

Coach
Two points, but no inroad into the top three. Both Swansea and Scunthorpe, who had the points to protect, did enough to maintain the status quo. We did not do enough. I doubt now we will do enough for the automatics and continuing failiure to consistently bag three points is likely to deny us a play off spot unless something is done and quickly. The gaffer still has not brought in a new face and the side, though talented, is looking slightly jaded this far into the season. The killer moves and finishing has been lost. Just look at the comings and goings of League 2 players in the last few weeks. Most other clubs have recognised the need for reinforcements and many of them survive on crowds lower than ours. Its not that our team is poor, but you cannot expect the full vim, vigour and consistency over the course of a season. I asked for new faces many weeks ago and I believe the results since then have borne out my fears. Broughton has gone, use his wages and bring in a new spark. The fans have shown their desire and come out in force, injecting higher than anticipated revenue into the club( we would not have these gates in twelfth position where many said we would be preseason), so reward the supporters with a 'cashback' scheme. We pay money and get a player back in return.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Feb. 12 2005,13:45)]Two points, but no inroad into the top three. Both Swansea and Scunthorpe, who had the points to protect, did enough to maintain the status quo. We did not do enough. I doubt now we will do enough for the automatics and continuing failiure to consistently bag three points is likely to deny us a play off spot unless something is done and quickly. The gaffer still has not brought in a new face and the side, though talented, is looking slightly jaded this far into the season. The killer moves and finishing has been lost. Just look at the comings and goings of League 2 players in the last few weeks. Most other clubs have recognised the need for reinforcements and many of them survive on crowds lower than ours. Its not that our team is poor, but you cannot expect the full vim, vigour and consistency over the course of a season. I asked for new faces many weeks ago and I believe the results since then have borne out my fears. Broughton has gone, use his wages and bring in a new spark. The fans have shown their desire and come out in force, injecting higher than anticipated revenue into the club( we would not have these gates in twelfth position where many said we would be preseason), so reward the supporters with a 'cashback' scheme. We pay money and get a player back in return.
sorry but i totally disagree.

Where exactly are you going to put this new player?

Who are you going to replace?

Who don't you think is good enough?

We've taken 5 points from the last 9 against three of top teams. Want do you want? Blood?

I see your point, but surley we should be happy with progress that has been made from last season. Yes we ALL want promotion, be it automatic or via play off's. But at least we are having a lot better season!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southender @ Feb. 12 2005,13:49)]Want do you want? Blood?
fresh blood actually,
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southender @ Feb. 12 2005,13:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Feb. 12 2005,13:45)]Two points, but no inroad into the top three. Both Swansea and Scunthorpe, who had the points to protect, did enough to maintain the status quo. We did not do enough. I doubt now we will do enough for the automatics and continuing failiure to consistently bag three points is likely to deny us a play off spot unless something is done and quickly. The gaffer still has not brought in a new face and the side, though talented, is looking slightly jaded this far into the season. The killer moves and finishing has been lost. Just look at the comings and goings of League 2 players in the last few weeks. Most other clubs have recognised the need for reinforcements and many of them survive on crowds lower than ours. Its not that our team is poor, but you cannot expect the full vim, vigour and consistency over the course of a season. I asked for new faces many weeks ago and I believe the results since then have borne out my fears. Broughton has gone, use his wages and bring in a new spark. The fans have shown their desire and come out in force, injecting higher than anticipated revenue into the club( we would not have these gates in twelfth position where many said we would be preseason), so reward the supporters with a 'cashback' scheme. We pay money and get a player back in return.
sorry but i totally disagree.

Where exactly are you going to put this new player?

Who are you going to replace?

Who don't you think is good enough?

We've taken 5 points from the last 9 against three of top teams. Want do you want? Blood?
Of those five points, three were against Darlington which although important, did nothing to close the gap on the leaders. In essence we lost four out of six points in the two key games that you mention( Swansea and Scunthorpe). We were so close and yet not quite there and a new player or two may have been all that was required and at least a gamble worth taking if the club have genuine aspiration. Who would I replace? Take your pick from the midfield. Petts has worked tirelessly without creativity or assists, Maher ploughs a lone furrow in creativity and could do with help, Nicky has impressed and is fresh which supports my arguement and Bentley went too many games below par and even though refinding himself could have been on the scoresheet far more consistently. As for the attack, Gray has been in and out, Eastwood is not exactly in a rich vein and Dudders like Nicky is fresh and tends to look the most menacing but like Bentley has not produced the return he should for the chances he has had. All these players are great on their day but you cannot expect them to be on their day every day. The decision whom to drop may be difficult but who said management was about easy options?. I rate every player in the side and want to keep them all but I do not expect miracles from them and feel for all they have done in an attempt to win promotion they could have been given a bit more help to achieve it. How sick will they feel if all they have done is for nothing?. They are professionals and want to play at a higher level and would accept the bench on occassions in order to benefit the team, especially if it brought the success they and we crave.

Back