• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Swansea Injury

coventryshrimper

Youth Team
Adrian Forbes is out for a month.

Pretty useful player, scored at the Hall. Very pacy, almost as quick as Gray. Glad he won't be playing - I was wondering exactly how Che would have dealt with him!.

All we need now is a ref who will be alert to Trundle's cheating. Anyone else see that pen at Boston?, shocking - worse than Diuof.

Tis good news, for me, looked their best player at the Hall and only came off the bench.

Also, according to my sources (south wales evening post) kevin Nugent is short of match fitness after a knee operation last week.

Martinez and Maylett are both available following injuries, though whether they're match fit or not I couldn't say.

They have a few strikers out. Thomas is still a long-ish-term absentee, not particularly bothered about Nugent, to be honest i'd be happy for him to play - he's old, slow and useless.

So it leaves Connor and Trundle. Not too bothered about Connor, never really rated him, he gets bullied off the ball way to easily for a guy of his size. Trundle has good skills, but depends on what kind of day he's having and how many pies he's eaten that afternoon. Trundle is also a cheat.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (coventryshrimper @ Feb. 01 2005,13:28)]not particularly bothered about Nugent, to be honest i'd be happy for him to play - he's old, slow and useless.
mad.gif

A Nugent hat-trick on Friday, anyone?

ghostface.gif

Aaargh!! Stop tempting fate!

sad.gif

If we put players on Trundle, Connor might get a hattrick, so don't underestimate him. Seem to remember him getting a lot of goals for Rochdale.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (swanseashrimper @ Feb. 01 2005,13:20)]Also, according to my sources (south wales evening post) kevin Nugent is short of match fitness after a knee operation last week.
Nugent's been short of match fitness for some years.

I know that people are worrying about Friday night, and agreed, Swansea seem to be on a quality run at the moment but lets refresh our memories of Saturday 16 October.

Trundle did one little shimmy all game (oh and hit the crossbar from the halfway line - but lets not worry about that). We outplayed them and there is absolutely no reason why Fredy cannot bag another hattrick.

Lets be positive..............

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ Feb. 01 2005,13:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (swanseashrimper @ Feb. 01 2005,13:20)]Also, according to my sources (south wales evening post) kevin Nugent is short of match fitness after a knee operation last week.
Nugent's been short of match fitness for some years.
Why the need for the 'some years' part, James ...

oops.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Feb. 01 2005,14:18)]Nugent's been short of match fitness for some years.
Why the need for the 'some years' part, James ...

oops.gif
Ā 
biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE]
I was feeling generous
laugh.gif

Are refs still as biased towards Swansea at Home this season as they usually are. I remember last season and several before that there were more opposition palyers sent off there than any where else. There were also top by some considerable margin. Obviously helped towards this total by us! But anyone have any idea how many oppo players have been sent off there this season?

With Trundle still cheating I'd imagine it's quite a lot still.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Martinez

I've always been weary of him but he has never impressed me when I've seen him play. Always remember when he and another team mate both went to take the same free kick and ran into each other. Still makes me laugh to this day.

Back