• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tax-credits-the new poll tax for the Tories?

Labour wanted the hordes to arrive in this country from all parts of the globe,many came here on low salaries.Tax credits under Labour became the norm with the bill going from a few billion up to thirty billion,that cannot continue in any walk of life.

Labour wanted the hordes to arrive in this country from all parts of the globe,many came here on low salaries.Tax credits under Labour became the norm with the bill going from a few billion up to thirty billion,that cannot continue in any walk of life.

Please don't let the inconvenient fact that the woman who made a personal comment about tax-credits on Question Time was clearly British,born and bred, influence your argument.

The answer is simple.... Set net migration to this country, I mean Britain not Spain by the way, to -200,000 and we will see wage in creases and lower house prices. Within 5 to 10 years their will be no need for tax credits.

Please don't let the inconvenient fact that the woman who made a personal comment about tax-credits on Question Time was clearly British,born and bred, influence your argument.

Actually the woman in question would be the same or slightly better off.

The answer is simple.... Set net migration to this country, I mean Britain not Spain by the way, to -200,000 and we will see wage in creases and lower house prices. Within 5 to 10 years their will be no need for tax credits.

Please tell me you're joking. Or will the wage increases only be for the private sector?

Please tell me you're joking. Or will the wage increases only be for the private sector?

No.....Those in the sharp end of the public sector that deserve a decent pay rise would get one. By that I mean military, nurses, teachers, firefighters and police etc. Not MP's, heads of councils or quango's etc.

How would we pay for that....Again easy, without lots of migrants adding to our benefits bill and more job vacancies becoming available we could get those feckless wasters, who have never had any intention of working, off the dole.

If a family have been on the dole for more than a year and claiming £1,000 per week in housing benefit living in a trendy part of London they would have to move to Burnley or similar. Then give the money to people who REALLY deserve it.

The threshold of paying tax could be raise to say £15,000 by correctly taxing the multinational companies that avoid there fare share. The likes of Amazon would in fact pay back tax or be closed down.

No.....Those in the sharp end of the public sector that deserve a decent pay rise would get one. By that I mean military, nurses, teachers, firefighters and police etc. Not MP's, heads of councils or quango's etc.

How would we pay for that....Again easy, without lots of migrants adding to our benefits bill and more job vacancies becoming available we could get those feckless wasters, who have never had any intention of working, off the dole.

If a family have been on the dole for more than a year and claiming £1,000 per week in housing benefit living in a trendy part of London they would have to move to Burnley or similar. Then give the money to people who REALLY deserve it.

The threshold of paying tax could be raise to say £15,000 by correctly taxing the multinational companies that avoid there fare share. The likes of Amazon would in fact pay back tax or be closed down.

What about the thousands of civil servants and local government employees, still 1% year on year?

What about the thousands of civil servants and local government employees, still 1% year on year?

Like I said any money saved would be spent on the right people and that includes lots of low paid local government employees. But not for high ranking civil servants loafing around in Whitehall. Not for local councillors to go on a 'fact' finding mission to some town we've been twinned with in Poland.

Like I said any money saved would be spent on the right people and that includes lots of low paid local government employees. But not for high ranking civil servants loafing around in Whitehall. Not for local councillors to go on a 'fact' finding mission to some town we've been twinned with in Poland.

I don't care if senior employees get nothing but the majority of the rank and file have been screwed now for years with no signs of any let up. That's why I questioned your solution. I just can't see this government doing anything like you're suggesting for the public sector as they have absolutely no respect for them at all.

I don't care if senior employees get nothing but the majority of the rank and file have been screwed now for years with no signs of any let up. That's why I questioned your solution. I just can't see this government doing anything like you're suggesting for the public sector as they have absolutely no respect for them at all.

Under Labour,

We had families with lots of kids living in trendy parts of cities yet never did a stroke of work in their life,that is total insanity.

I told you several months,I know a family who receive 2400 every 4 weeks for being on the dole,how many working families take home that amount?

Neither did Labour when they were in power. Now if what we really need is old JC to stand up for workers instead of shirkers and we might actually get somewhere in this country.

As I understand it, the Tories reckon they'll increase the minimum wage to £9 p/h by 2020? Dead pigs might be shagged fly.

Weren't a lot of Tory voters angry about the increase in minimum wage or a living wage already? Do you realise that the party you voted for back in May had already broken so many of it's manifesto pledges and plain outright lied to you to get your cross in the box?

Why anyone who isn't educated at Eton or with a private pile the size of Cambridge votes for these ***** is beyond me.

A #WorkPenalty for working people with a relatively low income.

Seems ****ing **** to me.

As I understand it, the Tories reckon they'll increase the minimum wage to £9 p/h by 2020? Dead pigs might be shagged fly.

Weren't a lot of Tory voters angry about the increase in minimum wage or a living wage already? Do you realise that the party you voted for back in May had already broken so many of it's manifesto pledges and plain outright lied to you to get your cross in the box?

Why anyone who isn't educated at Eton or with a private pile the size of Cambridge votes for these ***** is beyond me.

Politics is a messy business,in fairness they are all rubbish.

Actually the woman in question would be the same or slightly better off.

Yes I've seen the reports to that effect too.Hardly the point though,is it? She's British and as someone who voted Tory in May, should be exactly the sort of person the Tories would want to keep onboard.Especially as she's a single Mum with 4 young kids who's prepared to work from home and has started her own business for that purpose.

The answer is simple.Get real.Britain (like Spain) is a member of the EU and that will continue to be the case after the referendum.

Because the alternative is Britain hating, terrorist loving Corbyn and McDonnell and did I not mention the vile and racist Shadow secretary of state for International Development?

Yes I've seen the reports to that effect too.Hardly the point though,is it? She's British and as someone who voted Tory in May, should be exactly the sort of person the Tories would want to keep onboard.Especially as she's a single Mum with 4 young kids who's prepared to work from home and has started her own business for that purpose.

The answer is simple.Get real.Britain (like Spain) is a member of the EU and that will continue to be the case after the referendum.

I guess you'll be praying that it doesn't turn into the 'Luke Prosser' of referendums then

Because the alternative is Britain hating, terrorist loving Corbyn and McDonnell and did I not mention the vile and racist Shadow secretary of state for International Development?

Well of course you're talking nonsense, but the last time I looked at a polling card there were more than two choices?

Back