• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CC51DAS

President
I'll start with Wolves. Once worked with a guy who was really up himself and called himself a Wolves fan even though he didn't know half the names of the team.

I once gave him a lift to the Midlands for a business conference and he spent the whole evening moaning that he was travelling in a car sporting an 'UP the Blues' sticker.

Then of course McCarthy comes along and lays in to Freddy.

So whenever I see Wolves lose I have a quiet little chuckle to myself.

Others ?

Chelsea, one person in my head who went to my old school, kept saying Southend are **** and we kept having the banter about I'm proud to support my local team etc etc. This one prick called Tom used to always come into school and just think he was better than everyone else, and he would only go to Chelsea games if he knew they was gonna win. For example he goes to about 1 game a year, and that game would be like the 1st round carling cup against Crewe just because he knew Chelsea would bang in the goals. So when we played them in the FA Cup and peter clarke scored in the 90th minute I just layed him out. I joke, but I wanted to, and was very close to doing so.

Also Millwall, kid at my old school said he supports them but would only say it just to try and get everyone think he is a 'hard nut'. Doesn't know a single player.

Ipswich - **** of an area manger at work supports them so was nice when Southampton beat them 5-2 at home then following week Peterborough beat them 7-1

Ipswich - **** of an area manger at work supports them so was nice when Southampton beat them 5-2 at home then following week Peterborough beat them 7-1

Guy at my work supports Ipswich and always keeps an eye on Blues results...closet Southend fan I reckon

Worked with a chap a couple of years ago who reckoned he was a big Pompey fan. Said he had seen them six times that season. Hmmm not bad I thought, travelling to a few games from Colchester. Then one morning he said he'd watched them away midweek. Bloody hell, you must be knackered I said. Nope, my missus lets me have sky sports at home. He honestly thought that counted as supporting your team. ******.

West Ham, West Ham, West Ham, West Ham & West Ham. I know 5 complete ***** and they are all West Ham fans. Oh, and did some contract work for the company that used to sponsor Wolves and had the most miserable 3 months of my life working there, so I (somewhat irrationally) used to hate Wolves for that reason too. Not so much now though.

Did I mention West Ham?

one of my flatmates in the first year of uni was a forest fan and a complete prick, always happy to see them lose....

West Ham - Bloke I used to work with 20+ years ago was so proud of being in the ICF (if he was at all) and bragged about all these "firms" they'd run. Oddly he turned up to work on Monday morning without a scratch on him. Unfortunately my best mate and godson as both West Ham fans....but I still like to see them lose.

As much as I dislike West Ham, its not been down to Fans I knew. for me its Man U, two reasons, why "support" a team from Manchester when you are Essex born and bred ? and , growing up in Billericay the 60's, every one had a soft spot for Man U "because of that Munich thing y'know" but no one followed Southend "because of that 15 mile down the road thing".

Oh and Leeds, glory hunting supporters who could not see that they were the dirtiest, most cynical nasty lot of *****s to grace this fair game and they had Trevor Cherry , for the youngsters he was a very poor mans Gary Neville yet played (in a loose sense) for England

rant over

As much as I dislike West Ham, its not been down to Fans I knew. for me its Man U, two reasons, why "support" a team from Manchester when you are Essex born and bred ? and , growing up in Billericay the 60's, every one had a soft spot for Man U "because of that Munich thing y'know" but no one followed Southend "because of that 15 mile down the road thing".

Oh and Leeds, glory hunting supporters who could not see that they were the dirtiest, most cynical nasty lot of *****s to grace this fair game and they had Trevor Cherry , for the youngsters he was a very poor mans Gary Neville yet played (in a loose sense) for England

rant over

Yeah Leeds for me too. Live with a Leeds fan who although is a sound bloke is still your typical big club fan even though Leeds haven't been in the Premiership for years. Was loving watching the Brighton match the other night when they threw a 2 goal lead away but disappointed they grabbed a draw.

Arsenal - Smug armchair b#@@#@#s :thumbdown:
Wet Spam - no need to explain that one
Leeds - Arsenal of the north
Liverpool - the reappearance of all those crown paint shirts from 80's and the 'Arsenal like' self belief they are always gonna win the league, this selection was missing from my list until a holiday spent with a club full of of them re-ignited my hatred of them.

You never see anyone slim in a West Ham shirt unless they actually play for West ham.

Back