• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thanks from the Spread

McNasty

I have been asked by Kim and Phil in the Spread to give everyone their thanks for a trouble-free season and to thank people for their patience at times when it got a little busy.

I've pinned this because, as many of you may or may not know, The Spread Eagle is the spiritual home of Shrimperzone.com and SZFC.

Since Phil & Kim took over they have been fantastic in their efforts at making it a real Southend supporters pub, even going as far as decorating the back corner with SUFC memorabilia - not bad for 1 Northern self-confessed non-footy fan and a Hull City supporter
biggrin.gif

A big big thanks for all your time and patience this season
smile.gif

Hear hear. Many an early afternoon back in the 1980s was spent in the back porch while my Dad was inside boozing and I'm enjoying playing catch up now
smile.gif

The only place to be before or after a game - especially when we've just won the second league title in our 100 year history!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ May 08 2006,09:38)]Hear hear. Many an early afternoon back in the 1980s was spent in the back porch while my Dad was inside boozing and I'm enjoying playing catch up now
smile.gif

The only place to be before or after a game - especially when we've just won the second league title in our 100 year history!
I bet that back porch was chilly on a winter Saturday afternoon.

The Spread has vastly improved both in ambience and as a watering hole since those days.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ May 08 2006,10:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ May 08 2006,09:38)]Hear hear. Many an early afternoon back in the 1980s was spent in the back porch while my Dad was inside boozing and I'm enjoying playing catch up now
smile.gif
It bloody well was!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ May 08 2006,10:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ May 08 2006,10:05)]
[b said:
smile.gif
It bloody well was!  
laugh.gif
It was never much warmer inside in those days.
laugh.gif

I have to say that Saturday night in the spread was one of the best footy nights i've had since I began supporting the Shrimpers (NOT the blues) in '79.

I got the old Firholm shirt out of the draw and we never seem to lose when i do!

The atmosphere and the singing was just fantastic and really is the best pub for after match drinking
biggrin.gif

Cheers to everyone there
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I had a fantastic time in there on saturday night (and before the game). Thanks everyone that was in there for making it so special. The moment when I was stumbling out of the pub to the tones of McNasty singing there's only one keefmoon will live with me forever, obviously.

What will happen when Southend move stadiums? Do you think you will be able to, or want to move with it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ May 08 2006,16:04)]What will happen when Southend move stadiums? Do you think you will be able to, or want to move with it?
I am sure the pub bosses will look into the viability of the pub without football and decide then what to do. Nothing to do with me at all , but they may decide to wait for the million houses that could be built on Roots Hall , who knows ?

I would really miss the fun and atmosphere that is created by hundreds of happy Shrimpers on match-days if/when the stadium moves.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ May 08 2006,16:23)]Preferred it when it was quieter!  
oops.gif
Only cos you are a sad lonely bloke who prefers to stand all alone in the corner drinking your lemonade
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ May 08 2006,16:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ May 08 2006,16:23)]Preferred it when it was quieter!  
oops.gif
Only cos you are a sad lonely bloke who prefers to stand all alone in the corner drinking your lemonade      
biggrin.gif
Ouch!

Thanks for your thanks, I for one had a great evening,and a great season, partly due to you both.
You both done a birthday evening for my son back in November for which was great. And I thank you for that.
May you both long remain in the Wide Winged Bird....................:)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ May 08 2006,16:04)]What will happen when Southend move stadiums? Do you think you will be able to, or want to move with it?
The Spread will still be within a mile of the new ground, could it be used on matchdays as a football pub with a mini-bus shuttle service to the ground
smile.gif

Anyway still got at least 3 seasons left at Roots Hall.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ May 08 2006,21:41)]two slightly pi$$ed co-owners enjoy The Spreads post-match hospitality

lee_james.jpg
Speaking of which, shouldn't be at the Spread at this moment in time.
rock.gif

My thanks to Sally to lighting up those dark winter nights, ive need seen a barmaid with such a nice big smile
tounge.gif

Back