• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A world record crowd of over 91000 people and England bat like scared rabbits afraid to play any attacking shots,and eventually got your just desserts with the fall of late wickets.With nothing to lose now the Ashes are lost , you would have thought you could play a mare attacking brand of cricket Bell 27 of 98 balls. and so it goes on even Pietersen was quiet,albeit he wasnt well.Now its over to the Aussies see how they bat.

The batsmen are just all out of form. They're digging in, trying to get whatever runs they can and not throw their wickets away. It's not great cricket but they're not out there to entertain Australian fans.

I enjoyed the day anyway. My first overseas Test and I bumped into another Shrimper on the way out. Small world.

And as been for long time Austalias Achilles heel its batting second and having to chase, 164-9wkts, most throwing there wickets away, and MCG is bad place to bat last normally .If England cant win this test they wont win any.

Thought I'd give up after we lost the ashes, what was the point continuing to ruin a night's sleep,when it counts for nothing?...........but there you go, awake at 4am (3am GMT) this morning with the radio earpiece in place ..........listening for the rest of the days play, in and out of sleep. Are both sides still 100% committed, now that the ashes are decided? I don't know but you have to say that it was a facinating day of cricket.

65-0 to 179 all out...............on a flat pitch. Five wickets given to Lyon on a wicket that wasn't turning. From a winning situation to staring defeat in the face in a no more than a few hours. England batting has been poor all series but this innings plumbed a new low..........total collapse, incompentence, capitulation and humiliation........can it get worse?............. 230 is surely just not enough?

More than Australia got in their first innings ,ball staying low and doing tricks when it gets old,and with the covers on overnight ,in this heat the wicket may sweat, may suit Anderson to a tee .But in reality i think Aussie wil win, they have 2 days to get 201 runs ,no need to bat silly like they did the first dig.

Well that was quite the most depressingly gutless thing I've ever spent five grand to watch.

And it should not of been Beefy you should of been watching a victory but what looked like a win turned into an embarrassing performance. This team is a complete shambles.

Woke up around five (CET) and heard that they needed 12 runs to win. So I didn't lose too much sleep last night, over that debacle. I wonder what odds would you have got on a Aussie whitewash before the series started?

Between 66/1 and 100/1.

I'm currently soothing my mood with a couple of awesome bottles of Australian white wine in the same Melbourne wine bar as Derek Pringle is in. And tomorrow I'm going for a beer with Carla Bonner who used to be in Neighbours so my mood is improving.

So desperately poor, but as a fan of English sport I've grown to accept incompetence. It's the gutlessness I can't stand and that needs to be stamped out. I'd make wholesale changes for the final test as a statement of intent, the sack of ***** that's been served up thus far won't be tolerated any further.

England 25-5 need another 20 runs to make sure they don't get their lowest ever test score!

Great stuff 53-5 Balance & Stokes going well.

Last edited:
Back