• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
This article will be in the Vale programme, so you guys have the pleasure (or not!) of reading exclusively first!... I have highlighted in RED the main points of interest.

Apologies for the length.

The lads have performed miracles in the second half of the season and have secured a Play-Off spot, against all odds some may say. Congratulations must be handed to the players, management and back room staff on a magnificent achievement. I think a big pat on the back must go to all the fans too, since we have been formed there has been a notable increase in positivity and noise from the stands, which has had a great effect on the players performances. Three league defeats since the turn of the year say’s it all I feel…

But now, more than ever, we need to back the players 110% as we enter such a crucial stage of the season. We are all in this together, we are one big Southend United family, all with the same goal to make a swift return to The Championship. So let’s really get right behind the team over the next three and hopefully four games, to help push the lads over that finish line and into the league where we belong…

The Blue Voice has been extremely busy behind the scenes over the last few weeks, making arrangements for the Destination Championship charge. As such, we are pleased to announce, that with the fantastic help of the club, we have purchased 5,000 "wavable" flags for the fans to use in the stands over the next few week’s. They will be handed out on a first come first served basis, to the first 5,000 through the turnstiles, on the night of the home leg of the Play-Off Semi Final’s. They really are fantastic looking flags and we hope you will all wave them proudly and show your support for the boys in blue. I urge those of you that do manage to get your hands on one, to bring it with you for the away tie and hopefully Wembley too!!…

For the home leg, we will also have a "Singing Section" this will be located in Block W and X of the West Stand. So you noisy one’s that are scattered all around Roots Hall, now have the opportunity to congregate in one area and really help lift the roof off the stadium! Unfortunately, due to the lack of time between now and then, those that have already purchased tickets for this game in other areas of the ground, will not be able to switch to this section. But those of you that have yet to buy your tickets, have a great opportunity to really show your pride and passion for the team, by sitting in this section. We will have flags, balloons, streamers, drums and of course plenty of singing! So please purchase your ticket for the "Singing Section" and come and join the Destination Championship party!

Of course with such a massive task of handing out these 5,000 flags, we will require helpers. So if you have a spare couple of hours prior to kick-off, please let us know and we will fill you in on how you can really help pull this mammoth task off!

Moving on to the away leg of the Play-Off Semi Finals, we will also have a "Singing Section" in operation for this game (More details announced soon) Plus the usual arsenal of flags and balloons.

So, we all really have a great opportunity to show how much the team means to us over the next few week’s. We hope as many of you as possible, will join us in the "Singing Sections" get those flags waving and voices at full throttle. Sing up Southend!

If you cannot join us in the "Singing Section" you can still do your bit for the lads, by lending your vocal support, waving a flag and encouraging others to join in with you. Let’s all really make an extra special effort, to lift the noise and colour levels around Roots Hall and wherever the away leg may take us! It means so much to the players and could make all the difference…

In other news, thanks to Ron Martin we have purchased another eight Blue Voice flags and a new "Bass" drum. You will see and hear more of these items over the coming weeks and of course next season.

We are still in discussions with the club with regards to securing a section of the North Bank for The Blue Voice, next season. This will really help lift the atmosphere and will enable us to put on some awesome displays of noise and colour. More details on the decision and any possible implications will be announced very shortly…

We would also like to mention, that we have, thanks to the help of The Shrimpers Trust, Official Blue Voice Pin Badges for sale. These are really unique and fantastic looking badges that are a must for any Southend fan. All proceeds from any sales will help us to purchase display items for next season. So please support us and help to create a vibrant and enjoyable atmosphere for all. Please visit the Trust Stall in The Shrimpers Bar or log on to www.shrimperstrust.co.uk for more details and online purchase information.

All that is left for me to say, is a big thank you to those that have backed our campaign thus far. It is still very early days in the history of The Blue Voice and it will take some time to really take off. But I can assure you, big things are planned for the future and we hope as many of you will join us in our initial quest, to make the atmosphere at Roots Hall as loud and colourful as possible!

Make some noise for the boys and believe…

UTB!

Lee Smith, John Crickson, Ken Jarvis and Scott Peters!
For and on behalf of The Blue Voice Committee.

Below is an image of the flag that will be available to you guys, FREE OF CHARGE!

Last edited:
John didn't contribute anything to the article...

He just held a gun to my head and demanded I put his name to it..

John didn't contribute anything to the article...

He just held a gun to my head and demanded I put his name to it..

Where would you be without the Brains of the outfit Fatty....:finger:

Yep, well done Smiffy and errr whatshisname.....:unsure:

Seriously tho, well done to all you chaps who give up so much of your free time for the cause. Top effort. :clap:

The flag does look good Smiffy, if the home leg is on the friday night then i would like to help. PM me if you would like me to

Nice one Smiffy, all sounds brilliant to me.

Can't wait to get behind the boys and get them back where they belong.

The BlueVoice have my full backing- well done lads, keep it up.

Back