• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The EU Referendum

How are you voting?

• Leave

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • Remain

Votes: 45 43.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You're on good form today. Intruiged to know where all that Europhobia comes from............you didn't, by chance, have a European nanny who mistreated you as a child?

Me I love Europe, its the best continent in the world by far. Its the bloated, corrupt and dysfunctional EU I don't like.

France is one of my favourites, especially for skiing and the Atlantic coast near Bordeaux. Shame your going to have to live with the consequences when they vote in Marine Le Pen.

Still the bureaucrats of Brussels are like the Labour party. If they won't listen to the common sense of the people then they have to be made extinct. With the right people replacing them, then Britain and the rest of Europe will be a safer more prosperous and much better place for the ordinary citizen to live and work.

Even Theresa May knows that she can't fail to stand up to the EU or even dare consider another referendum as 17 million voters now have the power to demand the changes they want.

Like I say you need to look after your own house, in more ways than one. Some big changes coming for the whole of Europe in the next decade and don't the EU know it. Which is why their only response to Brexit is 'Lets make it as difficult as we can for them.'.....Pathetic, lame and completely avoids the reason we voted out.

Me I love Europe, its the best continent in the world by far. Its the bloated, corrupt and dysfunctional EU I don't like.

France is one of my favourites, especially for skiing and the Atlantic coast near Bordeaux. Shame your going to have to live with the consequences when they vote in Marine Le Pen.

Still the bureaucrats of Brussels are like the Labour party. If they won't listen to the common sense of the people then they have to be made extinct. With the right people replacing them, then Britain and the rest of Europe will be a safer more prosperous and much better place for the ordinary citizen to live and work.

Even Theresa May knows that she can't fail to stand up to the EU or even dare consider another referendum as 17 million voters now have the power to demand the changes they want.

Like I say you need to look after your own house, in more ways than one. Some big changes coming for the whole of Europe in the next decade and don't the EU know it. Which is why their only response to Brexit is 'Lets make it as difficult as we can for them.'.....Pathetic, lame and completely avoids the reason we voted out.

So, the nanny came from a family who worked for the EU in Brussels.

For me this is the interesting part:

10. Triggering Article 50 is reversible! Not many people know this. But the UK can formally trigger its Article 50 request and then withdraw the request before Brexit actually takes place, if the country wants to.

I didn't realise that, but it does remove the biggest obstacle to the suggestion I made. We can therefore invoke article 50, spend 2 years negotiating, and then have another referendum knowing what leave will look like. If the answer is still to leave then it can be completed pretty quickly, and if the answer is remain we can then revoke article 50.

For me this is the interesting part:

I didn't realise that, but it does remove the biggest obstacle to the suggestion I made. We can therefore invoke article 50, spend 2 years negotiating, and then have another referendum knowing what leave will look like. If the answer is still to leave then it can be completed pretty quickly, and if the answer is remain we can then revoke article 50.

Problem is Call me Dave said clearly on numerous occasions "this is a one off vote, if we vote out we can't go back".

You have stated on here, that you would like to see people held accountable if they lie. Surely you wouldn't want to join these people on trial......would you?

And I will repeat this too; many are not overly bothered on the free movement of EU citizens, indeed always been welcome, especially as workers or tourists.
The bother is with those claiming entitlements to housing, top up wages, NHS, schooling etc.
They can come BUT can't take from the UK will be a likely way forward.

For long term expats I suggest become citizens of your adopted countries where you live and pay taxes, AND get very good insurance. Same as those coming to live in the UK.

Problem is Call me Dave said clearly on numerous occasions "this is a one off vote, if we vote out we can't go back".

You have stated on here, that you would like to see people held accountable if they lie. Surely you wouldn't want to join these people on trial......would you?

Did ANYONE really believe a word that man said?

I find it funny that all these Generation Snowflakers who were demonstrating about our Brexit in the aftermath have all now disappeared to wander around in fields finding Pokemon....

This video is pretty good I thought.

[video=youtube;Bn_6sU7O43w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn_6sU7O43w[/video]

And I will repeat this too; many are not overly bothered on the free movement of EU citizens, indeed always been welcome, especially as workers or tourists.
The bother is with those claiming entitlements to housing, top up wages, NHS, schooling etc.
They can come BUT can't take from the UK will be a likely way forward.

For long term expats I suggest become citizens of your adopted countries where you live and pay taxes, AND get very good insurance. Same as those coming to live in the UK.

I wonder if yoou're able to provide any figures for this? Thought not.:winking:

FYI,I'm most certainly a long-term resident in Spain but I have no intention whatsoever of taking up Spanish nationality nor do I ever expect to need to do so.

Well that was balanced. Got anymore?

Interesting that it's written from someone over the pond. I think I did suggest prior to the vote that Obama's preference for a remain vote wasn't entirely ultruistic. We were the States 'foot in the door' in the EU. Without us, pushing through deals like TTIP become a little more difficult (that's an example, TTIP wil stand or <hopefully> fall before the UK departs, if of course it does :smile:). They still have Germany (I think Merkel is a TTIP enthusiast) but in one foul blow I believe the UK has become far less useful and interesting to the United States.

Back