• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The EU Referendum

How are you voting?

• Leave

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • Remain

Votes: 45 43.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It must sound like footsteps in a empty gallery.

No, it sounds like good news for anyone on a tracker mortgage, and young people in general but extremely bad news for savers or those on fixed incomes,ie pensioners.

Oh,Btw,it's also bad news for any of you Brits planning to change your pounds to Euros.:smile:

(It's also a blatant attempt to stop the UK going into a recession before the end of the year).

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36973936

No, it sounds like good news for anyone on a tracker mortgage, and young people in general but extremely bad news for savers or those on fixed incomes,ie pensioners.

Oh,Btw,it's also bad news for any of you Brits planning to change your pounds to Euros.:smile:

(It's also a blatant attempt to stop the UK going into a recession before the end of the year).

'You Brits'. Interesting choice of words. But like the Tajiks say.....

A pointless exercise on a now meaningless rate, I doubt anyone will notice any difference. I voted remain but this is all getting rather pathetic from the BBC now, I remember reading that in the event of brexit interest rates would rise sharply, increasing mortgage and debt costs and leading to mass unemployment and huge tax rises. Now the bank cuts interest rates and it is the fault of people who voted for something which the bank of England said would lead to rate rises?

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...orne-says-brexit-will-drive-up-interest-rates

Yes how dare they reduce my tracker rate mortgage. More austerity for us workers please....just like the rest of Europe.

Yes how dare they reduce my tracker rate mortgage. More austerity for us workers please....just like the rest of Europe.

I daresay your tracker mortgage is not on your home but on a property or properties that you rent out.

Just for the record, cuts in bank interest rates, are not the way to overcome austerity.

Increased government spending on investment and improved infrastructure is.

Last edited:
I daresay your tracker mortgage is not on your home but on a property or properties that you rent out.

Just for the record, cuts in bank interest rates, is not the way to overcome austerity.

Increased government spending on investment and improved infrastructure is.

Actually its on my mums house thanks.

I don't have any mortgages on my rental property. As you well know, no politician has the balls to do anything about the housing crisis, just ill thought quick fix policies to appease you lefties.

Which means rents will continue to rise above inflation......So Thank you very much.

Actually its on my mums house thanks.

I don't have any mortgages on my rental property. As you well know, no politician has the balls to do anything about the housing crisis, just ill thought quick fix policies to appease you lefties.

Which means rents will continue to rise above inflation......So Thank you very much.

Interesting article in today's Times, which pointed out that low interest rates do not benefit young, would be, first time buyers at all.

(PS.I'm happy to be corrected on your tracker mortgage).

Last edited:
Interesting article in today's Times, which pointed out that low interest rates do not benefit young, would be, first time buyers at all.

(PS.I'm happy to be corrected on your tracker mortgage).

No, they haven't. But that horse has bolted, it should have been sorted years ago. Of course brilliant for anyone like us boomers who already own a house. Along with lack of building and high immigration it means we have all made loads of money.

When we end up in a OAP home we can sell the house and give all back to the government. Meanwhile young people can have a life of high rent misery. What a fantastic system :thumbsup:

An interesting piece that highlights the Brexit vote as being, generally, a vote of no confidence in the way that successive UK Guvs had failed low/middle Britain - outside of London.
It also recognises that low skilled migration has held UK companies back from investing in skills, training and technology.

An interesting article from an unexpected source

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/20/brexit-eu-referendum-economy-project-fear

Care to comment TUIB. After all it is from you're beloved rag :winking:

It's still far to early to say what the eventual consequences of Brexit will be.

It's my gut feeling,however,that some two years after article 50 is finally invoked,most people in the UK will realise they've been sold a pup.

To a certain extent this has begun already, with the effective devaluation of sterling, making holidays in Eurozone countries much more expensive for UK holiday makers, along with a 10/15% reduction for those living on fixed incomes abroad, ie pensioners.

Factor in, the plans of many multi-national companies, based in London, to move large numbers of their workforce to other countries in the EU, as soon as more information becomes available about the consequences of Brexit and you have a recipe for troubled times ahead.

Back