• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sadly, did we win much in the air with Ranger?

Yes, to be fair he was pretty good at winning crosses in the air, but latterly he was tightly marked and bullied and didn't seem sufficiently bothered to resist much.

As for new signings I think RM wont be making any ,think he believes the present squad is strong enough to avoid relegation and he wil leave it up to whoever is the new manager to make signings off season.

As for new signings I think RM wont be making any ,think he believes the present squad is strong enough to avoid relegation and he wil leave it up to whoever is the new manager to make signings off season.

We had a small squad of "quality" players. We've lost Ranger, Bridge and Lenny, so that's now a smaller squad. A couple more injuries and we're done for. I think he'll want to add a few more bodies.

I definitely agree insofar as Ron believes he’s invested enough to be being rewarded with a more competitive team this year. However he goes to all the games, he’s also been close to the action behind the scenes with Ranger, Ferdinand and all the injuries. I think he realises that we’ve made a few transfer rickets this year. Add to that Lenny and Ranger leaving and I’d be astounded if he didn’t think any adjustments to the squad are needed in this window. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see one or two leave on loan and some reinforcements for the spine of the team.

I definitely agree insofar as Ron believes he’s invested enough to be being rewarded with a more competitive team this year. However he goes to all the games, he’s also been close to the action behind the scenes with Ranger, Ferdinand and all the injuries. I think he realises that we’ve made a few transfer rickets this year. Add to that Lenny and Ranger leaving and I’d be astounded if he didn’t think any adjustments to the squad are needed in this window. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see one or two leave on loan and some reinforcements for the spine of the team.
Well i hope your right,but have this feeling that he will leave it up to whoever is the new manager to sign players and being as its only a week and a day until the transfer window closes ,to get decent replacement for Lenny will be difficult and as for strikers well whats out there worth signing that will want to come here ,dont want or need a last minute signing like last season,that was a dreadful piece of business.

The new squad is not fit for purpose, if we do not sign players we will be relegated. The new signings have failed to deliver, Kightly and Hendrie have been awful and the centre backs injured.and unconvincing g when we have played. We have invested badly and Martin needs to make up and smell the coffee of League 2 here we come...

New gaffer has probably already spoken to and lined up two or three players whether loans or not remain to be seen but only a complete fool wouldn't be premptively working on it.

Reading all the above, i still believe we ain't bottom 4 material.

That's all I can truly add to this debate.

UTB

:happy:

You would expect transfer targets to be part of any interview for a new manager, within a more general "how are you going to get us out of this fine mess?" conversation.

The public courting of Ryan Leonard means that any new manager will know that there has to be SOME money available to spend and will want to make sure that a transfer budget is agreed, likely in both the short and long term.

Don’t think Ron is that naive. He will realise that a striker and midfielder are needed at the very least. He wouldn’t have agreed to offer £150k for Ben Whiteman if he didn’t think we needed to strengthen the squad.

On the flipside, there was talk of people leaving in January.

Obviously Nile, Jack and Lenny have gone, but I wonder if there's still plans to offload a couple more.

Not long to the end of Jan transfer window and Ron announces that he is no rush to sign a new management team.

Could this be a deliberate ploy to make sure the new boss CANT make any new signings?

If you want a real conspiracy theory then on the Southend Facebook page someone suggested that we may be under an embargo - now that WOULD be a scary thought.

It will be all judged on the outcome- if it takes much longer and we end up with no signings that address the key gaps in MF and upfront then we will be left relying on the new manager succeeding minus our best player and the only forward who can head a ball, when the squad with those in it got us to 20th. A big gamble.

Or it might not be announced until Friday we still make two great signings and we know that behind the scenes all was under control irrespective of how broken it appeared.

Back