• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The New Spurs boss is....

Harry Redknapp.

A £5m compensation package has been agreed. Interview with Harry has just finished on SSN he has confirmed he'll be at the Spurs game tomorrow, and taking charge from tomorrow. The only thing he won't do is pick tomorrow's team, but will be fully involved in and out of the dressing room.

Tony Adams to White Hart Lane as assistant then? That'd be a laugh!

I think some people are overlooking a few factors here...

Redknapp has taken Pompey just about as far as they can go without serious, serious investment in the playing squad. That told thursday night when they were on the wrong end of a hiding to a considerably average team in the UEFA Cup. With Pompey looking to build a new stadium and with Gaydamak reportedly looking to leave the club, there is no feasible investment in sight and Redknapp, whose always spent money, is left at a club going nowhere fast.

Spurs, despite the current state they're in, will always be a tempting offer purely because of how much money Levy continues to throw at the club.

top flight football is just bonkers,

spurs sack jol and give him millions in compo,they hire ramos and give his then club shedloads in compo,ramos and his staff will all get nice compo,pompey will cop decent compo.

its plain insanity.

top flight football is just bonkers,

spurs sack jol and give him millions in compo,they hire ramos and give his then club shedloads in compo,ramos and his staff will all get nice compo,pompey will cop decent compo.

its plain insanity.

Compo was at White Hart Lane?

000539D8-790B-1A22-9DB780C328EC0474.jpg

I thought that there was an agreement that Premier League teams would not poach each others managers during a season, so much for that then.

I've always subscribed to the theory that Redknapp is a git, remember he manoeuvred his way out of Portsmouth to Southampton and when that went tits up he sodded off to Pompey again. I can't say I blame him for taking one last pay day at Spurs I just wonder what will happen if this all ends in tears, with Spurs searching for yet another manager.

Compo was at White Hart Lane?

000539D8-790B-1A22-9DB780C328EC0474.jpg

I thought that there was an agreement that Premier League teams would not poach each others managers during a season, so much for that then.

I've always subscribed to the theory that Redknapp is a git, remember he manoeuvred his way out of Portsmouth to Southampton and when that went tits up he sodded off to Pompey again. I can't say I blame him for taking one last pay day at Spurs I just wonder what will happen if this all ends in tears, with Spurs searching for yet another manager.

harry boy at 61 should know better,he lives on that very expensive island with his gaff worth 10 million add the fact he must have massive sums stashed,why at his age would you want the grief the spurs job will bring.

harry boy at 61 should know better,he lives on that very expensive island with his gaff worth 10 million add the fact he must have massive sums stashed,why at his age would you want the grief the spurs job will bring.

Maybe the wily old fox wants to make sure the job is done properly & ensure that he can take his new team to Roots Hall in the Championship next season...SEA-SEA- SEASIDERS!!!

Bet the first thing he does is search for any brown paper bags left by graham

I think some people are overlooking a few factors here...

Redknapp has taken Pompey just about as far as they can go without serious, serious investment in the playing squad. That told thursday night when they were on the wrong end of a hiding to a considerably average team in the UEFA Cup. With Pompey looking to build a new stadium and with Gaydamak reportedly looking to leave the club, there is no feasible investment in sight and Redknapp, whose always spent money, is left at a club going nowhere fast.

Spurs, despite the current state they're in, will always be a tempting offer purely because of how much money Levy continues to throw at the club.

I totally agree, but nicking another teams manager mid season? Again? No matter how Harry dresses it up as being 'a great deal for Pompey', it's daylight robbery.

As a Premiership neutral I had a soft spot for 'Arrys Pompey so this has come as somewhat of a shock. I agree with ESB that there were rumblings of Guydamak pulling out soon so perhaps the future was not so bright and he'd taken them as far as one could expect. A shame he quit so suddenly, especially with the AC Milan game on the horizon.

What expensive island is that?

Back