• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The People's Vote

Peoples Vote

• Leave (May's Deal)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Leave (No Deal)

Votes: 32 52.5%
  • Remain

Votes: 28 45.9%

• Total voters
IF the vote went Remain, this the 2nd time then there would, I have little doubt, be a growing clamour for the THIRD vote! -as in the Scots' situation.
And in the next EU elections I can see a re-resurgence of UKIP and a.n.other right wing separatist and half nasty party which would not be good for the UK and possibly very damaging for EU processes with internal disruption and encouraging of "like minded" agendas in other countries which are already showing internal stresses.
All a big BIG mess and I do find the seemingly gloating smugness quite loathsome from too many people who ought to know better.
I think UKIP are pretty much finished. Many of the party names are turning against the lurch to the right of the current leader - Farage is scathing and today Suzanne Evans quit the party. They also have financial issues and the party infrastructure has largely disbanded.
'Robinson' has a pro Brexit demo this Sunday and a large counter protest is in place with potential disturbances, but in the medium term I predict that when Brexit collapses many of those who voted for it will become apathetic and stop voting. What is the point in voting when Cameron offered them what they wanted then ran away and left May to scupper it through incompetence. Soul destroying for avid Leavers.

As a staunch remainer you cannot change the vote to suit now the horse has bolted
We have to leave and face the consequences, whether you change your mind or not the majority voted to leave whether blinded by false promises or as I feel a very poorly remain campaign
Cameron, Corbyn should hold their heads in shame for the way they fought the campaign and yes I am a massive Corbyn fan just not on the way he dithered on his views

As a staunch remainer you cannot change the vote to suit now the horse has bolted
We have to leave and face the consequences, whether you change your mind or not the majority voted to leave whether blinded by false promises or as I feel a very poorly remain campaign
Cameron, Corbyn should hold their heads in shame for the way they fought the campaign and yes I am a massive Corbyn fan just not on the way he dithered on his views
no one voted for what May has negotiated

It was made pretty clear that the referendum vote was final. Anything else is a serious betrayal of democracy.

Who said that? A referendum is not legally binding, otherwise Cameron would never have called it.

After 'winning' the Scottish vote, he was going 2 for 2 to put down the tory rebels and destroy UKIP.

Unfortunately, he lost, and despite promising not to do so if the vote went against him, he resigned the next morning.

A vain man who put his own position way above the needs of his country.

Last edited:
I originally voted remain. I would vote remain in this poll. My concern if we asked Europe to allow us to resind section 50. We might not be accepted back under our orignal terms. If they said we have to take the Euro and join a European army I would be reluctant to go back.
This morning:
Advocate General of European Court rules that UK can withdraw its Article 50 notification to leave the EU unilaterally. UK would not need permission of other member states.

I think UKIP are pretty much finished. Many of the party names are turning against the lurch to the right of the current leader - Farage is scathing and today Suzanne Evans quit the party. They also have financial issues and the party infrastructure has largely disbanded.
'Robinson' has a pro Brexit demo this Sunday and a large counter protest is in place with potential disturbances, but in the medium term I predict that when Brexit collapses many of those who voted for it will become apathetic and stop voting. What is the point in voting when Cameron offered them what they wanted then ran away and left May to scupper it through incompetence. Soul destroying for avid Leavers.

Who will you be with this time, SWP or UAF?

No but the majority voted out of Europe, so to suggest another vote is stupid
End of the day what did the people vote for to leave, based on lies and misquotes, you make your bed you lie in it
I've never once denied that Leave won.

But the Tories were in charge of the process of leaving and they have created such a mess of it that they won't even back their own plan.

May's plan is dead, but she is still stalling and there is no time to put 'no deal' preparations in place.

The government need to admit that they are not in a position to implement the result of the referendum. There are options from that point, extending A50 is the obvious first move. But they need to admit that they have not done enough for us to be able to leave. Carrying on without a plan they can agree on is madness.

I've never had anything to do with SWP. I'll be there as an anti racist in my own right.

Yes, best not to associate with UAF. Not after they had a campaign of harassment against the 17 year girly who reported their leader of rape.

So its ok to march in support of remain but you will try and stop support for Brexit?

I've never once denied that Leave won.

But the Tories were in charge of the process of leaving and they have created such a mess of it that they won't even back their own plan.

May's plan is dead, but she is still stalling and there is no time to put 'no deal' preparations in place.

The government need to admit that they are not in a position to implement the result of the referendum. There are options from that point, extending A50 is the obvious first move. But they need to admit that they have not done enough for us to be able to leave. Carrying on without a plan they can agree on is madness.

Totally agree ***, but we cannot keep switching a deadline to suit, two years in planning and now down to final minutes

Those of us who voted remain, could see this happening from day one,as based on lies, lies and more damn lies, but if we leave without a deal or a butchered deal we have to face the consequences, I have never missed a vote in my life, but honestly would not vote if a second vote is called

The people have a choice when the next GE is called, whether a Tory government will be in charge remains to be seen or as i suspect another hung parliament being held up by a few Scottish and Irish MPs calling many of the shots.

We cannot change a democratic vote,based on lies otherwise most governments would be voted out straight away

If a second vote took place, I’ve no doubt that remain would triumph. So I’ll aim this question at the remainers of the forum.

How would you appease the millions who originally voted out? Or to put it another way, how would you insure that a reversal of the referendum decision, would not cause riots?

The possible ramifications for reversing the decision could be catastrophic. And that’s not me adopting a project fear attitude. Thats just stating the obvious. Rightly or wrongly, there will be millions of ****ed off people, some of whom will want to display a show of force

Totally agree ***, but we cannot keep switching a deadline to suit, two years in planning and now down to final minutes

Those of us who voted remain, could see this happening from day one,as based on lies, lies and more damn lies, but if we leave without a deal or a butchered deal we have to face the consequences, I have never missed a vote in my life, but honestly would not vote if a second vote is called

The people have a choice when the next GE is called, whether a Tory government will be in charge remains to be seen or as i suspect another hung parliament being held up by a few Scottish and Irish MPs calling many of the shots.

We cannot change a democratic vote,based on lies otherwise most governments would be voted out straight away

Facing the consequences is a scary thought. (Possible) mass unemployment, civil strife, huge interest rate rises and who knows what else. The second vote gives people a chance (especially if you voted leave) to say "are you really sure you want this?"

Generally very little changes from one GE to another - a Government may tinker around the edges on a few things. The outcome of Brexit will shape the UK for generations.

If a second vote took place, I’ve no doubt that remain would triumph. So I’ll aim this question at the remainers of the forum.

How would you appease the millions who originally voted out? Or to put it another way, how would you insure that a reversal of the referendum decision, would not cause riots?

The possible ramifications for reversing the decision could be catastrophic. And that’s not me adopting a project fear attitude. Thats just stating the obvious. Rightly or wrongly, there will be millions of ****ed off people, some of whom will want to display a show of force

But did most of the people who voted out get anything like they were promised? The Tories ****ed it up. As I said, the second vote should be used to say "are you really sure you want this?" If Leave wins again, so be it, and as a country we'd have to adapt.

Yes, best not to associate with UAF. Not after they had a campaign of harassment against the 17 year girly who reported their leader of rape.

So its ok to march in support of remain but you will try and stop support for Brexit?
I just want to shout swear words at 'Tommy Robinson'. Its nothing to do with Brexit really - he is not registered to vote, its just a vehicle for hate for him.

But did most of the people who voted out get anything like they were promised? The Tories ****ed it up. As I said, the second vote should be used to say "are you really sure you want this?" If Leave wins again, so be it, and as a country we'd have to adapt.

Your intentions are noble, but where you’re going wrong is by assuming that you’re dealing with reasonable people.

And it’s the more unreasonable ones who are capable of the civil unrest on a scale which would make the 2011 riots seem like child play.

UK voted Leave. The Tories ****ed it up. That's the story so far, what happens next needs to have a practical angle as the Tories have spent 2+ years making it much harder for the UK to leave the EU.

Back