• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The relegation mini-league

Walters (stephen?) made quite an impact for a few games on loan I remember. Whilst I thought seadon did really well and ox was on a good run, it may be an opportunity to help us be even more solid for 4 or 5 games, if we can pick up a keeper from a lot better club higher up on loan.
Had concerns over the condition of seadon but he proved me wrong. Looked alert and agile in a pickford way. But we need 2 keepers and hope we pick up an experienced one.
Our pitch seems to have gone back to how it was the year it was late being reseeded\layed, when the roots didn't have time to bed and it turned into a rug that could be peeled up. Think we are so much better on better pitches. Did I hear Newport are now changing grounds!?.
JW was really good yesterday but the best moment for me was the pass from dieng through for aquah. Great vision.
Unsure about macca, as many have said. Ability now seems limited to blatant reducer tackles and shots into the roof of the ground for 30 mins. Yes he disrupts play but can't see the point of any use other than the last 10 of a game to see it out. And with the risks of a red, that's about the only exposure of want to the game.
I hope Hobson and white stay uninjured. Becoming invaluable.
ANG for me can be rested once oliyanka is able to play.
Akinola has become very important. Hope he's ok. Happy to keep aquah up with him because the side are settling into a routine of play at last that's causing problems for other teams.
I'm comfortable with any mid utilising dieng, ferguson,jd, taylor, as they can slip in and out without affecting our style of play.

Christian Walton from Brighton. Great keeper who has not been on loan anywhere this season. Just played 2 FA Cup Ties.

I think being away from roots hall could benefit us for next 2 games! I feel it suits are game more being the away team....... I dont fear Cheltenham away as much as Salford at home. What remember of Cheltenham their pretty direct, so could have another cambridge type game on our hands but we should feel confident in getting 3 points! Regards to the other games this month, they dont look bad set of fixtures.
Cheltenham are a good side, tactics a bit Wilder-esque but with a higher press.

Cheltenham are a good side, tactics a bit Wilder-esque but with a higher press.
Might be good time to play them due to Cheltenham having injuries. It's a game we should try get the 3 points, considering we have picked up 7 out 9 points in are last 3 away games. I feel our style of play suits being away team, so from that point we should be confident of getting a point atleast.

Christian Walton from Brighton. Great keeper who has not been on loan anywhere this season. Just played 2 FA Cup Ties.
That's the guy...thanks LBBlue
He fitted in well and I thought he was a good keeper

Josh vickers isn’t making the bench at Rotherham. We had him on trial earlier this season and if we need to loan another keeper, think he’d be a good shout

Although we didn't win last night neither did either of the sides below us, they now have one game less to make up ground.

Reading the Grimsby forum they seem convinced that they can't get out of trouble now

Josh vickers isn’t making the bench at Rotherham. We had him on trial earlier this season and if we need to loan another keeper, think he’d be a good shout

I didn't realise we had him on trial? I would snap him up in an instant. I've a feeling he's out of contract at the end of the season so I'd be going for him to replace Oxley.

We drop back into the relegation spots again with 13 games to go, its starting to look like Grimsby are a bit cut off especially looking at their form.

Barrow seem to be turning the corner a bit since they changed manager whilst Port Vale are dropping into trouble too.

There is a long way to go and I'm still pretty confident we can pull off the great escape

Back