• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The relegation mini-league

Do not think so, every team in play off positions lost today. If Carlisle win tomorrow they are very much in the mix to get a play off place. They have everything to play for.
Fair enough. I overlooked their midweek win against Crawley.
Notwithstanding that, they are 14th and points wise are nearer the bottom two than the top two.
Not only that, 2 wins in 14 games and a decline from 2nd place at the end of January to 14th now, should hardly have us quaking in our boots.

Seems that it was a much more organised and committed performance from the sheepy folk than has been the case for a long time. To get a draw at Bolton is no mean achievement. The new manager already having an impact? If so this is bad news for us. Barrow simply must beat them on Monday.

Far better than it has been for months, that is the most organised we have been for a long time, I think on Monday we will set up less to defend and more to attack with Callum Harriott back after his international duties.

We have won 8 games all season. Our goal difference probably counts for another point assuming we won't be hammering anyone 3 or 4 nil. We need at least 4 wins when we have only won 8 all season. If MM pulls this off they should build a statue of him as it will be a miracle.

Yeah i just think Nigel Clough's Walsa

Yeah, i just think Nigel Clough's team arent putting in the effort, the fans dont think much of Cloughie and if we win our game in hand on them then that could easily see them drop like a stone, most of their team have no competition for places or contracts that go past the summer. 100% one of these teams above us will go on an awful run during that crucial time. Hope its not us.
I liked Alan Macs interview with the Echo, very positive and it really sounded as Macca was only concentrating on getting three points on Saturday. Good to see him focused and he also said a lot of the boys have a lot of love for the club.
That extra percent is why Walsall cant beat Harrogate but we can.
If we get a win tomorrow, i'll be rubbing my hands and those who have to play us yet wont fancy it
Whilst I have a lot of respect for McCormack he needs to stop giving away silly fouls

Mansfield are in big trouble and i think Walsall and Grimsby will buckle. Three really bad teams. Its going to the wire, i think the sheep botherers will beat Barrow. Ive said it before but i cant see where Walsalls next win will be. Game on.

I do not think Grimsby will buckle. Paul Hurst is a determined character and engineered an incredible escape from relegation for Shrewsbury a few seasons back. He has been in this sort of dogfight before. Besides, Grimsby's recent form is fairly decent. And in the latest game, they only conceded an equaliser at Salford two minutes from the end. Nevertheless, that was a decent point for them.

If we get a win tomorrow, i'll be rubbing my hands and those who have to play us yet wont fancy it

The word ‘if’ is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that sentence... Have to confess that, regardless of tomorrow’s result, I’m fancying playing your mob considerably more than our upcoming games against Cheltenham and Cambridge.

I think having morecambe away Tuesday is a good fixture for us as we will go there knowing we need a win and when we have played them before it hasnt had as much riding on it!! Form goes out the window and there past good results against us wont count for nothing at this stage of the season
I recall a loosing a certain game that had a LOT riding on it. Thankfully loosing turned out to be one of the best things that has ever happened to us ?

I recall a loosing a certain game that had a LOT riding on it. Thankfully loosing turned out to be one of the best things that has ever happened to us ?

Mixing different seasons but I I would settle for the same thing again if it meant we stayed up with a last minute goal on the last day of the season (again)

Oh dear.........now there's a novelty.
Novelty???
They are 2 a penny in any arcade down the front!
A win at Morcombe is akin to being on a date with Liz Hurley, having Amanda Holden approach you and both ladies request an all night threesome, buying a jackpot winning lottery ticket on the trip home and Emile scores the perfect hat trick as we put 20 goals past Carlisle to balance the goal difference.

Novelty???
A win at Morcombe is akin to being on a date with Liz Hurley, having Amanda Holden approach you and both ladies request an all night threesome, buying a jackpot winning lottery ticket on the trip home and Emile scores the perfect hat trick as we put 20 goals past Carlisle to balance the goal difference.
I’ll have some of what u r drinking please !

Novelty???
Yeah all quite plausible apart from the Emile hat trick bit.......
???

Novelty???

It's happened far to many times in the past, the novelty has worn off.

Last edited:
Mansfield are in big trouble and i think Walsall and Grimsby will buckle. Three really bad teams. Its going to the wire, i think the sheep botherers will beat Barrow. Ive said it before but i cant see where Walsalls next win will be. Game on.
Mansfield have Jordan Bowery who has 10 goals so far this season, we can only dream about forwards like that

Back