• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

the Team I would like to see for Saturday

gk mildenhall

lb barrett
cb clarke
cb dervitte
rb sankofa

lm herd
cm macca
cm grant
rm betsy

st barney
st theo

bench
moussa
joyce
okeefe
laurent
francis

Mildenhall

Sankofa
Dervite
Clarke
Barrett

Betsy
Grant
Macca
Moussa

Barnard
Robinson

Subs -

Joyce
Francis
Freedman (if fit)
Laurent (if fit)
Herd

Mildenhall

Sankofa
Dervite
Clarke
Barrett

Betsy
Macca
Moussa
Grant

Barnard
Robsinon

Subs:
Joyce
Francis
Freedman (if fit)
Laurent (if fit)
Herd/O'Keefe.

Switching Granty to the left wing, would allow Betsy to come in on the right wing which is his prefered position. Moussa deserves a chance to shine in the middle, but I can see Moussa being wide left and Granty in the middle.

Why cant you drop the Captain, Norwich City did the other night.

You can drop the captain and we did last season. However with the squad right now Barrett is and should be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Indeed, without a natural left sided player our shape isnt great along the left side at all, however Barratt wont be dropped purely for being the skipper.

Left midfield is the key position, Id rather a real wide player doing the attacking than relying on a full back having to get forward and leave gaps.

Yes- time to play Herd at LM & move The Moose inside. We don't need two ball-winning central midfielders at home, surely?
ps just read OBL's Match Report of the Millwall game elsewhere & it seems that JFC is out tomorrow due to 5th yellow recently...so this could happen anyway, unless Tilly plays Grant in the middle and Francis on the right.

Last edited:
Team for me would be

Mildenhall
Sankofa, Dervite, Clarke, Barrett
Grant, Macca, Moussa, Herd
Barney and Theo

Subs: Joyce, Betsy, Franno, and any two from Freedman/Laurent/O'Keefe depending on fitness.

Granty's doing a great job imo in recent games, and Moussa's often been drifting in anyway and doing the more attacking midfield role - let Macca take the defensive and Moussa the attacking, and Johnny out on the wing to cover Barrett and use those long throws to our advantage.

Aha- you're there already, Kay! Didn't see this ahead of my post above. I love it when you get those same good ideas as me...;)

Mildenhall
Sanfora Dorian Clarke Herd
Francis Grant Moussa Theo
Freedman Laurent
Subs
Barnard Barrett Joyce Betsy Macca

Have to agree with most of the replies, that there are far too many changes with this, especially playing Theo left wing.
With Christophe suspended, there has to be at least one change and it should hopefully mean that Moussa will be played in his correct position in the centre. I hope he has an absolute stormer so Tilly has no option as to keep him there.
Our defence has been solid ever since Dorian came in, and there is no way Barrett will be dropped. Johnny Herd though, i think, would be a good choice for left midfield. We have already witnessed he is good coming forward, and if we can play 2 right back, why not 2 left backs. The difference with Herd though is that he will get forward

My team for Saturday (wont happen though)

mildenhall
Sankofa Dervitte Clarke Barrett
Betsy Macca Moussa Herd
Theo Laurent

Have to agree with most of the replies, that there are far too many changes with this, especially playing Theo left wing.
With Christophe suspended, there has to be at least one change and it should hopefully mean that Moussa will be played in his correct position in the centre. I hope he has an absolute stormer so Tilly has no option as to keep him there.
Our defence has been solid ever since Dorian came in, and there is no way Barrett will be dropped. Johnny Herd though, i think, would be a good choice for left midfield. We have already witnessed he is good coming forward, and if we can play 2 right back, why not 2 left backs. The difference with Herd though is that he will get forward

My team for Saturday (wont happen though)

mildenhall
Betsy Macca Moussa Herd
Theo Laurent

I'm confident Saturday will happen.
As to the team, I think Tilly will keep changes to minimum though I would like to see Moussa tried in middle with JFC unavailable.

Mildenhall
Betsy Macca Moussa Grant
Theo Laurent

Subs
Joyce, Francis, Barnard, Herd, O'Keeffe

Walsall will come to park the bus, so lets go a bit more adventurous.

Mildy

Clarke Dervitte Barrett

Macca

Francis Grant Moussa Herd

Robinson Barney

Subs: Betsy, Sankofa, Laurent(if fit for late cameo), Joyce, Freedman(if fit)

I suspect that we will see:
Mildenhall

Sankofa Devitte Clarke Barrett

Francis Grant McCormack Moussa

Robinson Barnard​

Although personally I'd prefer to see Moussa in the middle with Betsy brought in wide-right. I guess that would mean shunting Grant to the left which I don't see happening though.

I suspect that we will see:
Mildenhall

Sankofa Devitte Clarke Barrett

Francis Grant McCormack Moussa

Robinson Barnard​

Although personally I'd prefer to see Moussa in the middle with Betsy brought in wide-right. I guess that would mean shunting Grant to the left which I don't see happening though.

I reckon you're right Beefy.

Team i would like to see for Saturday.

Van der Saar.
G.Neville R.Ferdinand B.Hangeland W.Bridge

C.Ronaldo Z.Zidane C.Febregas R.Giggs

T.Henry C. Tevez

Subs
I.Casillas
F.Torres
J.Terry
P.Scholes
A.Robben

Team I think we will see on Saturday

S.Mildenhall

O.Sankofa D.Dervitte P.Clarke A.Barrett

K.Betsy A.McCormack A.Grant F.Moussa

T.Robinson L.Barnard

Subs
I.Joyce
S.Francis
F.Laurent
S.O'Keefe
J.Herd

how could Macca be dropped, the only decent attack minded centre midfielder in this club? Moussa is beind JFC, Macca, Grant in my opinion. ALso how could Theo play on the wing when he doesnt like to pass??? How could the captain and the sole of this club be dropped?? Thats like suggesting Match of the Day without Gary Lineker.

On a positive note, Francis playing wide right is a genius idea, as well as Grant in CM because that is where he plays and is useless on the wing.

And Dougie Freedman is god, how anybody can slate him I will never know, he does things that nobody else could even do on the playstation.

Team i would like to see for Saturday.

Van der Saar.
G.Neville R.Ferdinand B.Hangeland W.Bridge

C.Ronaldo Z.Zidane C.Febregas R.Giggs

T.Henry C. Tevez

Subs
I.Casillas
F.Torres
J.Terry
P.Scholes
A.Robben

Team I think we will see on Saturday

S.Mildenhall

O.Sankofa D.Dervitte P.Clarke A.Barrett

K.Betsy A.McCormack A.Grant F.Moussa

T.Robinson L.Barnard

Subs
I.Joyce
S.Francis
F.Laurent
S.O'Keefe
J.Herd

if you want to see this premier/champions league cr*p stay at home and watch the telly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Last edited:
Back