• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Much as i applaud Huddersfield for their great run its actually quite interesting when you break it down ..

43 unbeaten league games .. 25 wins and 18 draws

During this run they've played 12 other games, winning 4 drawing 3 and losing 5 and the defeats have mostly been bigguns (3-5, 1-4, 0-3, 1-2, 0-4) so it certainly seems to be its 100% in the league games and a gentle work out in the cups and hope things turn out, if not its back to it in the next league match

It could be argued that our run is on a par with 'Udders :smile:

Longest unbeaten League run ever, beating Forest's 42 games.

Hmmm Forest did it in Division 1 though, hate the way they seperate the premiership.

Hell **** yes of course they did :blush:

god i've caught the disease that seperates football pre and post 92 :Scared2:

EDIT: ha actually yes so have you then Rich :raspberry:

The trouble with lengthy unbeaten or winning runs is the added stress on the supporters. Have you noticed how twitchy we are all feeling, scared to say anything or change socks or whatever in case it brings the run to an end. Still of course I would much rather have it this way than wondering where our next point was coming from. The socks are good for a few more games yet, and who would have thought we would go into December safe from relegation worries, must stop worrying and enjoy it thats my advice to me.:smile:

The run owes everything to a defeat
I very much doubt they would have been unbeaten this season if they had not lost the playoff final

Pretty much how i saw it Gary, every defeat they have suffered in the past year be it JPT FA League Cup or Play Off has given them cause to reaffirm their league run, its almost like its their pressure valve

Pretty much how i saw it Gary, every defeat they have suffered in the past year be it JPT FA League Cup or Play Off has given them cause to reaffirm their league run, its almost like its their pressure valve

I see what you mean about the cup defeats galvanising them in the league
I was being more simplistic . If they had won the playoffs they would have been beaten by now in the championship!

So 17 games is the best I can see...04/05 when we went up from this division via the Play-Offs. Can anyone find a longer one?

This started with a 0-0 at home to Notts County on 15th Jan. We remained unbeaten for 16 further games (all competitions) spoiled by the LDV Final v Wrexham on 10th April. This run included 3 LDV games and funnily enough a Southern SF v Swindon as well!

So in all we remained unbeaten for 14 League games and 17 in total. As below:

P17, W10, D7, L0, F27, A9

The current unbeaten run stands at 15. Which is 11 League and 4 Cup games. As below:

P15, W13, D2, L0, F33, A7

So although we are still 2 games away from equalling (Oldham - FA Cup Rd 2) and 3 from beating (Swindon - JPT SF) that record from 04/05. You would have to say this run is even more impressive. Given the fact we have already won 3 more, scored 6 more goals and conceeded 3 less!...making this unofficially the greatest run ever??​

Which "technically" was still a draw as after normal time it was 0-0.

The trouble with lengthy unbeaten or winning runs is the added stress on the supporters. Have you noticed how twitchy we are all feeling, scared to say anything or change socks or whatever in case it brings the run to an end. Still of course I would much rather have it this way than wondering where our next point was coming from. The socks are good for a few more games yet, and who would have thought we would go into December safe from relegation worries, must stop worrying and enjoy it thats my advice to me.:smile:

i wear my southend shirt each match day. if we lose it goes into the wash to wash the loss out of it (yes i am a sad git) any other result goes back onto the hanger in the wardrobe - log may i continue to smell a bit

was discussing this last night with a mate
would you rather we drew the next two leageue matches and got two points, or won one lost one and got three points?

I do the same with my "special" underpants..........nuff said !!

Every game I've been at home for during this run, it's been Sky Sports for updates, SZ for updates, and live text and table updates via sporting life. This will continue until the run ends.

Sad? Yes, but no way am I going to risk changing!

was discussing this last night with a mate
would you rather we drew the next two leageue matches and got two points, or won one lost one and got three points?

I'd take 3 points over 2 all day long.

In fact I almost want us to lose in a strange way, so we can forget about the record and see how the boys respond to a defeat.

I would be very happy with 4 points from the next two league games. So three would leave me happy I think. Even with 2 draws, I would see that as a poor return to be honest.

We need to be beating Brizzle and getting at least a battling point at Cheltenham.

Last edited:
Back