• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Women's World Cup.

Phil Neville described todays match as a 'nonsense game' in his post match interview, whilst I agree with him that the third place playoff is pointless saying it minutes after we lost just comes across as us being sore losers.

Third place play-off, ouch. 1-2 and from the snippets I watched Sweden were the better side.

I think the game essentially reflected England’s performances as a whole in this tournament. Periods of excellent play marred by occasional sloppiness and godawful errors defensively. The lesser teams didn’t exploit it but obviously USA did and Sweden did.

Today’s final is going to be weird. I’ll be routing for the Netherlands as they are the underdogs but equally it would be a farce if USA didn’t win it. A fantastic athletic team with quality everywhere.

Odd that Christen Press has been dropped for Rapinoe, I thought Press was one of their best players against us and the hamstring injury Rapinoe had on Tuesday probably hasn't fully healed 5 days later.

Only seen from the penalty on, but USA are so dominant it's no competition. England at least put up a fight.

Only seen from the penalty on, but USA are so dominant it's no competition. England at least put up a fight.

Holland kept it tight until the penaly (indeed until they were 2-0 down) and had to chase the game.I'd say (with all my limitesd experience of the women's game) that Holland, as European champions, fully deserved their place in the final.,

Feel like Rapinoe getting the golden ball is just because of her media presence, Lavelle was the best player against us and it was the same today, she deserved it more.

Holland kept it tight until the penaly (indeed until they were 2-0 down) and had to chase the game.I'd say (with all my limitesd experience of the women's game) that Holland, as European champions, fully deserved their place in the final.,

They benefited greatly from being in a far easier side of the draw. Only France and England gave the USA any sort of a game.

Only one team ever going to win the game.... and it wasn't the Netherlands.

While I fully agree with that, it's hardly supporting evidence for your theory that Holland only got to the final because they were in the weaker half of the draw.

After all, England were widely expected to beat Sweden easily pre-match in the play off game.In addition,Sweden had played ET in the SF and had a day's less rest than the UK.Not how it worked out,was it? :Sad:

Last edited:
Oh, I think it is. A side of the draw which included three of the world's four top ranked sides, hmm, evidence enough to me.

While I fully agree with that, it's hardly supporting evidence for your theory that Holland only got to the final because they were in the weaker half of the draw.

After all, the UK were widely expected to beat Sweden easily pre-match in the play off game.In addition,Sweden had played ET in the SF and had a day's less rest than the UK.Not how it worked out,was it? :Sad:

We clearly never had enough Scots in the team

It was said by getting to the QF we automatically qualify for the WC. How's that work then? Would the English team just migrate to the GB team, because lets face it any one of the other home nations teams are ****e.

It contains a swear, so if you're particually offended don't click the link....

Spoiler:  

Back