• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ Nov. 21 2005,12:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 21 2005,09:46)]Jesus Christ people.. liven up. All you do is complain.
Some people like to sing, some people like to swear, some people even like to sit there for 90 mins talking to someone and not even paying attention to the game.. dont worry about it, in the long run of things, it hardly affects your life does it?
Im sure you all still sleep well at night..
I disagree - it effects the 90 minutes that I have paid 23 quid for.  When you've got idiots constantly standing up in front of you hurling abuse, throwing expletives at random people standing 100metres away in a different stand, pretending that they are hard as nails, it annoys the hell out of me and ruins the game.  I don't mind swearing at the incidents in the game, I don't mind banter between fans, but this goes over the line.  

When these kids give out this abuse to Reading fans or Cardiff fans it might well effect the rest of us!
Spot on.

I'm looking forward to the day when they get the hiding they deserve. Failing that, if our current meteroic rise upwards stalls one plus point will be they'll desert us quicker than a sinking ship, absolutely guaranteed.

Forest was all too predictable - big turn out of day-tripping chavs, allocated seating and surrounded by Forest morons meant a generally pretty unpleasant atmosphere.

Amazed that so many people saw Forest as a big occassion to get excited about. Personally, I'm far more "up" for Port Vale on Saturday - real football for real fans (which thankfully means none of the chavs in tow).

Totally with you Otis. £22, or whatever it was, to try and 'enjoy' a game surrounded by kids who'd probably had one too many Barcardi Breezers on the way up to Forest.
I don't get to many games as I live miles from the Southend area and when I do I want to BE ABLE TO WATCH THE MATCH.
Far too many people were standing up hurling abuse at home fans/stewards. If I stood up then the people behind me weren't going to be able to see.
I dunno who the guy in the scarf was walking around telling people to sit down and shut up though. Anyone know this chap?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Nov. 21 2005,13:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ Nov. 21 2005,12:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 21 2005,09:46)]Jesus Christ people.. liven up. All you do is complain.
Some people like to sing, some people like to swear, some people even like to sit there for 90 mins talking to someone and not even paying attention to the game.. dont worry about it, in the long run of things, it hardly affects your life does it?
Im sure you all still sleep well at night..
I disagree - it effects the 90 minutes that I have paid 23 quid for.  When you've got idiots constantly standing up in front of you hurling abuse, throwing expletives at random people standing 100metres away in a different stand, pretending that they are hard as nails, it annoys the hell out of me and ruins the game.  I don't mind swearing at the incidents in the game, I don't mind banter between fans, but this goes over the line.  

When these kids give out this abuse to Reading fans or Cardiff fans it might well effect the rest of us!
Spot on.  

I'm looking forward to the day when they get the hiding they deserve.  Failing that, if our current meteroic rise upwards stalls one plus point will be they'll desert us quicker than a sinking ship, absolutely guaranteed.

Forest was all too predictable - big turn out of day-tripping chavs, allocated seating and surrounded by Forest morons meant a generally pretty unpleasant atmosphere.  

Amazed that so many people saw Forest as a big occassion to get excited about.  Personally, I'm far more "up" for Port Vale on Saturday - real football for real fans (which thankfully means none of the chavs in tow).
Will be interesting to see how may make the trip to Vale as its not as 'glamerous' as Nottingham Forest. And also as its gets colder which of these 'fans' have the courage and the love of the club enough to be sitting in -1 degree cold getting pelted by rain and hail as the winter comes in?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Nov. 21 2005,13:25)]Will be interesting to see how may make the trip to Vale as its not as 'glamerous' as Nottingham Forest. And also as its gets colder which of these 'fans' have the courage and the love of the club enough to be sitting in -1 degree cold getting pelted by rain and hail as the winter comes in?
I'd guess at 400.

It may not be as glamourous in the eyes of most of those who were at Forest but it certainly will be a damsight more enjoyable (providing we don't lose 4-0
laugh.gif
).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Nov. 21 2005,13:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Nov. 21 2005,13:25)]Will be interesting to see how may make the trip to Vale as its not as 'glamerous' as Nottingham Forest. And also as its gets colder which of these 'fans' have the courage and the love of the club enough to be sitting in -1 degree cold getting pelted by rain and hail as the winter comes in?
I'd guess at 400.

It may not be as glamourous in the eyes of most of those who were at Forest but it certainly will be a damsight more enjoyable (providing we don't lose 4-0  
laugh.gif
).
Yep agree - around that mark.

And yeah - might actually get to see the match without disturbance!

i don't understand why you all think you are the dogs b******s if you go to more games than other people!!

there are many reasons why people can't go to the games! people went to forest because it has so much history and they wanted to be a part of it and see the club...

you have to realise that a lot of people have families and can't make it every week, people cannot afford to go every week, people have arrangements for the evening and won't be back in time, then there are our overseas shrimpers e.g. xabia who knows more than most of all of you put together about our club. why you go on and on about the attendance falling and loyal supporters. you're the ones pouring scorn onto the club.

s4e

I think they're refferring to the glory hunters that jumped ship after we got promoted last year S4E. I myself haven't made a game since City, so when I show up on Boxing Day (hopefully) for Franchise FC, if I get one git saying i'm a Day Trip, well, let's just say he would've pulled a lass with a thousand spots on his face.

Fortunately when I'm at a game, I'm either with Spike and shrimpersarmy or in the RBS, where the atmosphere's a darn sight better than this tripe apparently, pity about the food stores...

Anyhow, there's not a lot we can do about it aside from complain on here, so can we just drop it and get back to buisiness? Namely helping Southend to as good a position as we can?

Can I just mention that I will not be at Port Vale on Saturday due to family commitments...I at least had the decency to arrange such on an away day! This is the second game I will miss the season (didnt make Scunny away). Does this mean that I am not a real fan, even though I never missed a game home or away between 1978 and 1984. I remember mouthing off once about being a real fan because I go away. It was pointed out to me that the REAL supporters are people like Ray Davy and Sid Broomfield who often never saw a ball kicked because they were helping the club by working a turnstile or stewarding a car park! Makes you feel humble! There are lots of ways to support the club, not just travelling 200 miles (although I still do it and love it) but it is not the only sign of a true fan. My Mum came to Gillingham away this season (her first away game in 21 years!) she is disabled and ever since, she has not stopped going on about her day out with such brilliant fans. She has a SUFC bedspread and wears a Southend sweatshirt around town, which is Deal in Kent! Like many others, she would love to be with the rest of us at places like Forest, but I think she is probably a more devoted fan than most of us!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sao Paulo Shrimper @ Nov. 21 2005,12:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 21 2005,12:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Nov. 21 2005,02:35)]it was Swansea not Cardiff!
Definately Cardiff, Scott. They were leading 1-0 and looked certain to be returning down the M4 with all three points when Cardiff's Rhys Weston lobbed the ball spectacularly over his own keeper in front of the South Stand to win a point for the Shrimpers right at the death and spark mayhem in the stands. (Weston would later feature as one of 4-4-2 magazine's "the lad's a bit special" and cite this very incident as his most embarassing moment in his career so far). The F Block numb-nuts goaded the Cardiff boys just a little too much and when they reciprocated, the little Shrimpers legged it ...

WS
yeah that was well embarrasing and cringe worthy.

Southend do have a mob who can well hold themselves but dont go around giving it the big one all the time but will not mouth off and run like schoolboys. They are also hardcore supporters of the club and have been going since the dark old days and through thick and thin so nobody can doubtt their loyalty.

As i wise man said to me once, its thew quiet ones you have to wach out for  
biggrin.gif

These people do really get on my wick as well, screaming at the top of their voices about how much they love Southend and if you dont sing you are a p%&*k. I will say this to anyone who gets this responce, walk straight up to them and get them to repeat it and i am sure they will siht themsleves as they are not so brave on their own.

Dr Ben.
Dr Ben

Promise i will send that e-mail pal, don't normally post on here but i have never read so much moaning in my entire life. Southend have probabaly the best recorded for supporters in the league in any league, can't imagine what you's would be like if your were West ham, millwall, stoke in fact any other team supporters, it's football chaps and you get it, deal with it..

suppose nobody on here got the hump with what forest was throwing down on us during the game..

now i dont agree with the moaning at fellow supporters we are all in it together, threw thick and thin, but don't moan back at others, if people are being out of order have the bollox to turn round and say so, and stop moaning about it on here!!

rant over, Up the Shrimpers

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Nov. 28 2005,17:30)]must be other stuff to moan about.

bring back drewe!
down.gif

I expected better from you naps

tounge.gif

Back