• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
At first I though it was one of Rev's new recipes for Tilly and then I thought it was another rant against the pizza place that won't sell up.(which of course it is) However the most interesting thing is the sentence about funds available as soon as the new stadium is under way.
http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~1927211,00.html

I know that this would be the hope for some of us on here but is this the first time that Tilly has spelt it out so clearly? It's obviously something Ron has sold to him and possibly the reason he is prepared to grit his teeth and get on with things for the moment.

I'm sorry, I got to this line and wet myself.

"Tilson, who is a real pizza man..."

Who's going to set up the Facebook campaign against them?

In a Tilly style pun, I reckon Naan will use her facebook skills and get 100,000,000 members in one day!

Weird how such a serious subject suddenly gets turned into an advert for Domino's! Maybe they are the secret new backers ready to put plenty of dough into the club??

If they were, then perhaps we would have to give Yorkshire Blue's "Squad expressed as Pizzas" thread another outing?

I am sorry but what the **** is this total drivel on the official site just looks like bully boy tactics to force people into selling their business - Now the Pizza Man I happen to know the guy Mohammed who is running the show down there and he is a top bloke no business should be slandered in this cheap tacky way at all and all it shows is how low SUFC as a club are stooping to.

I reckon as a compromise we should offer the pizza shop the sponsorship of the new stadium. I reckon the 'Super Pizza Stadium' has a ring to it. Also the stands could could be named after the other products that Super Pizza offer, so we would have the Chicken End, the Kebab stand, the Burger stand and the Garlic and Herb Dip End.

I am sorry but what the **** is this total drivel on the official site just looks like bully boy tactics to force people into selling their business - Now the Pizza Man I happen to know the guy Mohammed who is running the show down there and he is a top bloke no business should be slandered in this cheap tacky way at all and all it shows is how low SUFC as a club are stooping to.

"Game's the same, just got more fierce."

the-wire-s1-ep3.jpg

This is business. We want his property so that we can get the ball rolling with new stadium. If he isn't accepting RM's offers then fair play that we're using bully boy tactics... this is the real world and it's either play or get played.

1110501247976922_large.jpg

"Game's the same, just got more fierce."

the-wire-s1-ep3.jpg

This is business. We want his property so that we can get the ball rolling with new stadium. If he isn't accepting RM's offers then fair play that we're using bully boy tactics... this is the real world and it's either play or get played.

1110501247976922_large.jpg

Not about that its about us as a club looking pathetic on our own official website there are many ways go get this guy to sell up we have CPO on him anyway if he is smart he will take the offer plus a percentage on it.

But telling people 'don't buy pizzas from there' when I happen to think the food is ****ing decent in there is just drivel that pathetic from a club that thinks it oh high and mighty in the community

I reckon as a compromise we should offer the pizza shop the sponsorship of the new stadium. I reckon the 'Super Pizza Stadium' has a ring to it. Also the stands could could be named after the other products that Super Pizza offer, so we would have the Chicken End, the Kebab stand, the Burger stand and the Garlic and Herb Dip End.

Give Pizza Man the catering contract at FF! Win!!!!

OK, I do see the funny side.............perhaps the article was written by Geoff King?.......................but

"As soon as the stadium gets going I will have the funds to really improve the squad and the future will start to look really bright."

Steve, if he said it, actually believes it .........how many people on here do???

The VIP areas could be called the Pizza Boxes...

:tumbleweed:

Not about that its about us as a club looking pathetic on our own official website there are many ways go get this guy to sell up we have CPO on him anyway if he is smart he will take the offer plus a percentage on it.

But telling people 'don't buy pizzas from there' when I happen to think the food is ****ing decent in there is just drivel that pathetic from a club that thinks it oh high and mighty in the community

I guess that the pizza shop(s) rely on quite a lot of passing trade. They're playing hard ball by not taking the first offer, as they're probably going to be hit hard by SUFC moving out, and they've had a pretty decent spot for a takeaway. I have nothing against what SUFC are doing, as it does appear to be the final piece in the puzzle. If it really is a case of "once the diggers are in the Tilly gets money to spend" then it's in SUFCs interest to get this sorted ASAP so we might get a bit of money to play with (or defend with) in the transfer window. If that means publically slamming them on the OS then so be it, Super Pizza are just holding out for a better offer, but we're trying to force their hand to get it sorted quickly

The pizza shop on the corner has had so many owners and changes of food outlet since the late seventies, it's unreal.
It's mostly been a take-away, but the location is crap and cars can't just pull up outside. That's why it's been sold on so many times. The current owner has done well to last this long and he may have stayed knowing that Southend would end up buying him out once planning permission was given. Now it's just a matter of playing for time, turning the screw and getting as much as he can get.

Back