• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THIS TIME-- LETS ALL SING TOGETHER!

northbankblue

Well done to the lads for showing great spirit in getting us to cardiff!
Now its up to us to be as 1 and get us up as our season deserves!
So this time at cardiff lets all be heard and sing together dont just clap join in if someone around you is trying to get a song going and lets all show the lads how up for it we are!
Dont be outsung do your bit afterall this is our chance to go up its all or nothin so show you care by singing for the lads!!!

So SING YOUR HEARTS OUT FOR THE LADS!!!!'

Wear blue and bring balloons flags make it a real party athmosphere and win the battle of the fans and do the boys proud!

Southend till i die!!!!!!!!!

common people lets keep this topic up the top of the board cos it makes all the difference to create a great athmosphere this time around!
biggrin.gif

I think you're spot on there NBB, I'm just wondering if a few of the "daytrippers" who've been to the LDV finals won't be in attendance this time around & that it will be the hardcore following of 5-6,000 + several thousand of the floaters (e.g. former fans, those that can't get down to RH every week etc.)

Oh & can we do better than "duh duh de duh Freddy Eastwood" & "Stand Up If You Love Southend" this time people
rock.gif

Well at least we will get an anthem this time
mad.gif

keep the good work up and help me get cardiff singing!
biggrin.gif

IT WOULD BE OK IF EVERYONE WAS GROUPED TOGETHER INSTEAD OF SCATTERED ABOUT AMONGST THE DAY TRIPPERS..... WHY BOTHER GOING IF UR JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LOOK AT THE GROUND, REALLY ****ES ME OFF!!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ May 22 2005,19:44)]IT WOULD BE OK IF EVERYONE WAS GROUPED TOGETHER INSTEAD OF SCATTERED ABOUT AMONGST THE DAY TRIPPERS..... WHY BOTHER GOING IF UR JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LOOK AT THE GROUND, REALLY ****ES ME OFF!!!!!!
Well I for one will be taking my travel scrabble set.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ May 22 2005,20:44)]IT WOULD BE OK IF EVERYONE WAS GROUPED TOGETHER INSTEAD OF SCATTERED ABOUT AMONGST THE DAY TRIPPERS..... WHY BOTHER GOING IF UR JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LOOK AT THE GROUND, REALLY ****ES ME OFF!!!!!!
I'm sorry but that's crap! Not everyone wants to sing.

If you don't sing does that mean you're not a fan? You must have a boring life if that is something that really ****es you off.

why don't the club allocate sections a,b,c as "singing sections" then people will know where to buy tickets for if they want to sing rather than being split up around the place, people who don't want to sing (and that is fine too by the way!) will know to avoid these sections

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lee_sufc @ May 22 2005,21:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ May 22 2005,20:44)]IT WOULD BE OK IF EVERYONE WAS GROUPED TOGETHER INSTEAD OF SCATTERED ABOUT AMONGST THE DAY TRIPPERS..... WHY BOTHER GOING IF UR JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LOOK AT THE GROUND, REALLY ****ES ME OFF!!!!!!
I'm sorry but that's crap!  Not everyone wants to sing.

If you don't sing does that mean you're not a fan?  You must have a boring life if that is something that really ****es you off.
Plenty of people dont want to sing, doesnt make them bad fans.

Personally I like their to be a good atmosphere but hate singing myself. I know its having your cake and eating it, but seriously you havent heard me sing.......

Id rather see 9,000 people at RH many of which not singing, than 4000 hardcore.

Unfortunately since the removal of terraces the north bank "singers" now seem to be scattered throughout the crowd.

I remember the old days when the East Bank was like a graveyard, if someone coughed it was noticed
smile.gif

So What if u can't sing just make some noise... We have been there twice now and both times it was a poor atmosphere, so this time we need to make a noise... lee sufc!!!

People seem to want to send good luck messages and write things online to motivate players.

Thats not going to work the players will want the vocal support on the day to give that extra 1%

I think we should all sing 'Hold the Line' by Toto instead of the usual 'Stand up if you love Southend' rubbish.

It is also extremely unfair on those of us who were too drunk to stand up at previous visits to the Millenium stadium.

yer yer yer i think weve all heard this before, evryone said they would sing 'stand up if you love southend' last time, no one did, and when we tried to get a few chants going everyone just sat in amazement staring at the wrexham fans

weve been there twice now (3 times on saturday), the stadium is exactly the same as we left it a month ago, so when the players come out and start playing their game, dont just sit in amazement staring at the empty seats, if you want to do that, go to darlington! lets get behind the lads and be the twelth man!

'where are you, lets be avin ya!'

'where are you, lets be avin ya!' you ask?

I will be in the lower tier l29 in line with the half way line!
Gone Middle tier for past visits, but £48 is a joke!
Dont know what the atmosphere has been like down there for the last 2 games, but it was hardly buzzing in the middle tier!!!!!!!!
I will be starting a few songs off with 'the duke', if anyone wants to join in, then great!

smile.gif

i was in mid tier first time better view but sorrouded more or lees by "prawn sandwich day tripper types " , was in lower tier 2 nd time not such a great view but i thought atmos was v good but then again we were right next to the Wrexham lot , BTW the most vociferous chant that day was "En-ger-land , En-ger-land " which was fine by me but maybe said a lot about the amount of daytrippers amongst us !!??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ May 23 2005,13:25)]'where are you, lets be avin ya!' you ask?

I will be in the lower tier l29 in line with the half way line!
Gone Middle tier for past visits, but £48 is a joke!
Dont know what the atmosphere has been like down there for the last 2 games, but it was hardly buzzing in the middle tier!!!!!!!!
I will be starting a few songs off with 'the duke', if anyone wants to join in, then great!

smile.gif
There's another five of us in that lower tier block too, hopefully we can make some noise!

Back