• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thorpe Hall School

He might have 'only' taken photos, but how long would it have been before he went a step further?

An interesting point. People tend not to consider the perspective of the offender and how they're constantly battling their urges and desires. This seems to be something which is much more common (but still very rare) than we ever thought and so how can our services (police, social, schools, NHS etc) be geared to helping people who may recognise that they have these dreadful desires and help them - rather than seeing them go underground and spiralling into a world of ch*ld p*rn and worse.

This article is really interesting. There was another one I read a while ago but I can't find it now.

http://www.slate.com/articles/healt...od_sexual_abuse_how_to_treat_pedophilia_.html

Questions certainly need to be asked of the police given the time they had the information in hand for.
I think there's lots of potential reasons. The most obvious one being that they need to be sure he was acting alone.

are there different levels of nonce? They will all be banned form being near children so as far as that goes, they are the same

Of course there are. This man is/was a paedophile, but as yet has not been found to have sexually assaulted a minor. You don't get charged by the police for "paedophilia" - that's the name of the disorder.

A sad tale this one. A lot of discussion about this in the office. We may all have our little secrets but looking at kids is not and will never be acceptable. It's a shame that this sick fantasy led to his life and getting in the way of a good career.

You can be on the same scale but not on the same level. The scale being child sex offences.

And thats what OBL was saying, they arent the same level of crime.

DWB said

Exactly the same scale. You don't get different degrees of nonces. A nonce is a nonce

OBL saying " Not on the same scale" doesnt mean she meant its not the same type of crime, just its a different degree to other child sex offences, which it is hence the punishments would be different.

When I went to my school in the late 60s , we used to have a fair headed Irishman who would always watch you in the showers and give you the slipper on your bare arse, and tell you rugby was the mans game , you did not have words like Paedophile then , he was just know as that pervert .

A music teacher at my secondary school used hang mistletoe above his desk at xmas, and make all the girls line up and give him a kiss.

When I went to my school in the late 60s , we used to have a fair headed Irishman who would always watch you in the showers and give you the slipper on your bare arse, and tell you rugby was the mans game , you did not have words like Paedophile then , he was just know as that pervert .

A music teacher at my secondary school used hang mistletoe above his desk at xmas, and make all the girls line up and give him a kiss.

Bloody hell. To both of these.

A teacher at my school used to jump out on smokers corner and start taking photos which would be posted on a board so that people could grass.

There were always photos of people with green bomber jackets over their head running across the school yard.

Back