• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket Prices and Dates Confirmed

If subsidised transport was involved yes!.

Come on Ron, you know it makes sense!.

wink.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Jan. 26 2005,22:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Allocated 1856 Tickets
Thats decent enough I think we could get around 1500 going with the right marketing etc......
Take the 1 off and you'll be a bit closer ...

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Jan. 26 2005,23:04)]If subsidised transport was involved yes!.

Come on Ron, you know it makes sense!.

wink.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
So the Club lose even more money?

Yes granteed there is a possibility that more fans would turn up if this was the case but aren't the Club also subsidising coach travel to Swansea though?

Don't think the club would lose money would it? Only has to pay for fuel and the driver + rental of the coach, i'd imagine it covers its cost easily and the rest the trust put in their coffers, probably break even on subsidised matches? Just a thought...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Jan. 27 2005,21:39)]Don't think the club would lose money would it? Only has to pay for fuel and the driver + rental of the coach, i'd imagine it covers its cost easily and the rest the trust put in their coffers, probably break even on subsidised matches? Just a thought...
To be honest, I'm not completely sure, although I seem to remember someone mentioning that the Club loses money when they do subsidised coach trips. Then again, it will depend on how many people go.

Yeah i'd imagine there'd be a few takers though! Probably 3 or 4 coaches?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Jan. 27 2005,21:39)]Don't think the club would lose money would it? Only has to pay for fuel and the driver + rental of the coach, i'd imagine it covers its cost easily and the rest the trust put in their coffers, probably break even on subsidised matches? Just a thought...
Yes it would lose money.  At say £5 a time a full coach (49?) will raise under £250 which at Supreme prices I would think covers less than half the normal trip charge to Brizzel.  The only way the club wouldn't lose was if Supreme gave them a deal, which is possible based on that they used to have a board member for may years.

[b said:
When the club Subsidise a Coach or Coaches it means exactly that.

Take for instance Swansea. The Club are charging £10 per person. So if we fill a Coach that is £490 income. The coaches cost over £900 so the Trust will not be pocketing anything, and the club will be paying out more than they get in.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Jan. 28 2005,10:56)]
[b said:

Take for instance Swansea. The Club are charging £10 per person. So if we fill a Coach that is £490 income. The coaches cost over £900 so the Trust will not be pocketing anything, and the club will be paying out more than they get in.
I remember when I used to help Paul Holland out running the coaches back in the day we used to get people see us collect a large amount of cash and assume that we were making a profit running the coaches. However the cost of hiring them is not cheap at all, and for every trip where a profit is made any money just goes to cover the losses of taking a half full coach to the North East for a midweek game.

So any deal that the club offers to take people to a match for a cut-price is going to cost them, even if every coach is completely full, and should be appreciated.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 28 2005,11:08)]
[b said:
[b said:

I remember when I used to help Paul Holland out running the coaches back in the day we used to get people see us collect a large amount of cash and assume that we were making a profit running the coaches. However the cost of hiring them is not cheap at all, and for every trip where a profit is made any money just goes to cover the losses of taking a half full coach to the North East for a midweek game.

So any deal that the club offers to take people to a match for a cut-price is going to cost them, even if every coach is completely full, and should be appreciated.
Very true, & one of the problems the Trust has at present is that we are now regulary running two coaches to most games. Fine if they are full, but not so good when you only have around 80 people. But what can you do, we do not want to turn people away and just use one coach. Here's hoping at the end of the season it all balances out & we don't lose (or in fact make) too much money.

The club chose to subsidise the Swansea game as they thought it would be a key game - they were not wrong.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Jan. 28 2005,11:13)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

Very true, & one of the problems the Trust has at present is that we are now regulary running two coaches to most games. Fine if they are full, but not so good when you only have around 80 people. But what can you do, we do not want to turn people away and just use one coach. Here's hoping at the end of the season it all balances out & we don't lose (or in fact make) too much money.

The club chose to subsidise the Swansea game as they thought it would be a key game - they were not wrong.
That was always the perrenial problem we had, fill one coach fine - you've made a little profit to offset some further losses. However have a coach and a half worth of people and you are making a loss. We used to try and off-set this by having the option of a couple of smaller vehicles to use as a sort of overspill - stick the regulars on there who would be prepared to bung the driver a few quid in tips and have a detour there and back for a drink. Everyone was happy, us few **** heads had a good drink and it helped keep the prices down for those who just wanted to take a more sedate coach trip there and back.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 28 2005,11:18)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

That was always the perrenial problem we had, fill one coach fine - you've made a little profit to offset some further losses. However have a coach and a half worth of people and you are making a loss. We used to try and off-set this by having the option of a couple of smaller vehicles to use as a sort of overspill - stick the regulars on there who would be prepared to bung the driver a few quid in tips and have a detour there and back for a drink. Everyone was happy, us few **** heads had a good drink and it helped keep the prices down for those who just wanted to take a more sedate coach trip there and back.
Bloody hell - if we did that now half of them would never get to the match
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Jan. 28 2005,11:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 28 2005,11:18)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

Bloody hell - if we did that now half of them would never get to the match  
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif
There were a few occasions when that happened - however that was more to do with the unreliability of the overspill vehicles we used. Anyone who ever travelled on the 'Fire Engine' will no doubt vouch for that.

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Jan. 28 2005,11:23)]in those circumstances I suppose the doubble decker is quite good
Not really in our experience, it never worked out too economical to use a double decker coach (ie number of seats to cost of hire) plus there is the fact that it is bloody uncomfortable if you are sitting on the top deck (you feel every single bump in the road).

That's just my memory of helping to run the coaches though, the Trust guys may have a different view on that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 28 2005,11:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Jan. 28 2005,11:23)]in those circumstances I suppose the doubble decker is quite good
Not really in our experience, it never worked out too economical to use a double decker coach (ie number of seats to cost of hire) plus there is the fact that it is bloody uncomfortable if you are sitting on the top deck (you feel every single bump in the road).

That's just my memory of helping to run the coaches though, the Trust guys may have a different view on that.
I think we found in the past that the Double Deckers were normally profit making (just). However your right in respect to the comfort (lack of) upstairs. Whenever I travelled on the DD's I always sat downstairs (perks of the job)
rock.gif
, however being upstairs for 10 mins or so was a nightmare, I always came back downstairs feeling seasick  
ghostface.gif

Back