• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket Prices and Dates Confirmed

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Jan. 28 2005,11:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 28 2005,11:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Jan. 28 2005,11:23)]in those circumstances I suppose the doubble decker is quite good
Not really in our experience, it never worked out too economical to use a double decker coach (ie number of seats to cost of hire) plus there is the fact that it is bloody uncomfortable if you are sitting on the top deck (you feel every single bump in the road).

That's just my memory of helping to run the coaches though, the Trust guys may have a different view on that.
I think we found in the past that the Double Deckers were normally profit making (just). However your right in respect to the comfort (lack of) upstairs. Whenever I travelled on the DD's I always sat downstairs (perks of the job)
rock.gif
, however being upstairs for 10 mins or so was a nightmare, I always came back downstairs feeling seasick  
ghostface.gif
Having seen first hand the amount of work that goes into organising the away coaches I can only urge those of you who travel on them to truly appreciate the people that make it possible. Remember this when you have a small complaint about how they are run, believe me you can never please everybody, and stop to think would you be prepared to give up so much of your time to do it instead?

The fact that we have volunteers who are prepared to give up their own free time out of a labour love to keep coaches running to every game is part of what makes supporting a club like ours so special, something the glory hunting armchair fans of Premiersh*te clubs will never appreciate.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Jan. 28 2005,11:42)]Any chance of cutting a new Deal with Supreme or going else where?
We go out to Tender every Season to 3 companies as soon as the fixtures are published. Supreme always offer the best Value for Money.

It is not always about cost though. You also have to look to see if other coach companies can give you extra coaches at short notice etc.

Back