• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilly to close in on Sir Alex and Sir Arsene ?

CC51DAS

President
Interesting bit in one of the freebies last night that Ling could be on his way from the Ooze to the Ewes. He's the sixth longest serving manager .

Now Graham Turner is not doing so well with Hereford ( maybe he'll bring in someone new ? ) and last I heard David Moyes was still negotiating his package .

How long before Tilly is number one ?

It'll be a while i fear, as I can't see Wenger being shifted anytime soon.

I was searching for the list the other day and couldn't find it. I think Fergie still has another 5 seasons left in him. So I doubt he will get to number one for a while and same as Wenger can't see him leaving Arseholes anytime soon.

Read an interview with Wenger the other day and he may be leaving in 2011 and i recall fergie saying he would be stepping down in 2011/12

1. Sir Alex Ferguson appointed Nov 1986 duration 22 seasons club Manchester United
2. Graham Turner appointed Aug 1995 duration 13 seasons club Hereford United
3. Arsene Wenger appointed Sep 1996 duration 12 seasons club Arsenal
4. John Coleman appointed Aug 1999 duration 9 seasons club Accrington Stanley
5. David Moyes appointed Mar 2002 duration 6 seasons club Everton
6. Martin Ling appointed Sep 2003 duration 5 seasons club Leyton Orient
7. Steve Coppell appointed Oct 2003 duration 5 seasons club Reading
8. Steve Tilson appointed Nov 2003 duration 5 seasons club Southend United
9. Paul Fairclough appointed Mar 2004 duration 4 seasons club Barnet
10. John Still appointed Apr 2004 duration 4 seasons club Dagenham & Redbridge

Can't see Coppell going anywhere soon he is doing a sterling job with Reading.

For all the Borient bashers, the difference between Ling's roll of honour and Tilson's roll of honour on the League Manager's website is quite amusing:

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/manager/history-477.html

as against:

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/manager/honours-479.html

Basically, Tilly's honours are listed as:

League Titles (1)
Southend United: Coca Cola League One Champions (2005-06)
Promotions (2)
Southend United: Promotion to Coca Cola Championship (2005-06)
Southend United: Promotion to Coca Cola League One (2004-05)
Personal Awards (4)
Southend United: Manager of the Month, Coca-Cola Football League One, September 2005
Southend United: Manager of the Year [The Coca Cola Football League One] (2005-06)
Southend United: Manager of the Month, Coca-Cola Football League Two, March 2005
Southend United: Manager of the Year [The Coca Cola Football League Two] (2004-05)

whereas Ling's award(s) are (more accurately, is), er:

Personal Awards (1)
Leyton Orient: Manager of the Month, Coca-Cola Football League Two, October 2005

Brilliant!

:D:D:D

Is there an 'all time' list available anywhere?
There is but only two of the managers in the top 20 were appointed post war (Busby and Gradi).

Fergie is 22nd but you need 14 seasons under your belt just to make the top 75!

I was searching for the list the other day and couldn't find it. I think Fergie still has another 5 seasons left in him. So I doubt he will get to number one for a while and same as Wenger can't see him leaving Arseholes anytime soon.

I dont think Fergie has 5 years left in him. Well at least I ****ing hope not!

I seriously reckon Ling will be on his way before the end of the season.

I said moreorless that to a couple of O's fans last Friday night after that abysmal performance ( from their team - not ours ! ) and to my surprise they were very taken aback by the idea . Personally I wouldn't have given it too much longer - unless performances improve dramatically -before Hearn decides to freshen things up a bit, but that wasn't the way the press article read.

Still, if the Ewes did get him it could screw both of our local rivals up in one fell swoop :clap:

1. Sir Alex Ferguson appointed Nov 1986 duration 22 seasons club Manchester United
2. Graham Turner appointed Aug 1995 duration 13 seasons club Hereford United
3. Arsene Wenger appointed Sep 1996 duration 12 seasons club Arsenal
4. John Coleman appointed Aug 1999 duration 9 seasons club Accrington Stanley
5. David Moyes appointed Mar 2002 duration 6 seasons club Everton
6. Martin Ling appointed Sep 2003 duration 5 seasons club Leyton Orient
7. Steve Coppell appointed Oct 2003 duration 5 seasons club Reading
8. Steve Tilson appointed Nov 2003 duration 5 seasons club Southend United
9. Paul Fairclough appointed Mar 2004 duration 4 seasons club Barnet
10. John Still appointed Apr 2004 duration 4 seasons club Dagenham & Redbridge

OK - prediction time

Fergie - resigns after a 0-3 home defeat in the third round of the FA Cup to a League One side who Man U have never scored against , let alone beaten

Graham Turner - sacks himself as Hereford struggle at the foot of League One and fans slate him for not signing the Hooper God

Wenger - finally accepts the call to manage France

Coleman - loses job as Accrington Stanley go bust for dabbling in dodgy mortgage funds

Moyes - Takes the Nuke ******* job once Keegan walks out on the new owners after 3 hours 16 minutes and 14 seconds in charge

Ling - finds the lure of a company tractor too hard to resist and opts for the 'good life ' at Col Ewe

Coppell - takes the Everton job leaving

SIR STEVIE TILSON AS NUMBER 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Ling and Coppell could well have left their jobs by the end of the season, certainly if the Orient fans reaction on Friday night was anything to go by. Can't see Wenger or Fergie budging for at least another 2 seasons, and I reckon Moyes will sign a new contract.

Back