• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilly: "We want a new striker"

Sounds like previous seasons where we wait for the number one target to become available, at our price level, but end up getting the 3rd or 4th choice target in..

Time to splash a sizeable amount of the Freddy cash I feel..

well with two weeks before the transfer deadline, lets hope "one pops up" sooner rather than later!

Not impressed with his comments - "Lets hope on just pops up"!!

We've got no-one to put the ball in the fc uking net, Steve!!

He must of known about Freddie and possibility of Fred leaving, months ago!!

Harrold,Paynter,Bradbury,Hooper and co - sh it , rubbish and not going to get us anywhere!!

Mcdonald has a lot of responsibility on young inexperienced shoulders!!

Sort it !!

Sounds like the standard fan-placating manager talk to me:

Tilson hears that the fans are getting restless about the striking options.
Tilson hasn't been successful in bringing in a new striker and wants to assure them he is looking.
Tilson issues vague statement on the subject to reassure fans that he is looking but also not raising hopes too high in the face of probable failure to bring in the required target.

I just hope he goes for a 'recognised' striker and not one from the Non-League wilderness - we got lucky with Sir Fred, can't imagine we will get that lucky again.

Alternatively Billy will fire home a hat-trick tonight and kick-start our season, and he will end up with the Golden Boot and get snapped up by Wolves at the end of the season in a cash + swap deal with Fred.

Problem solved ! ! :D

Faith not fear ! !

Mcdonald has a lot of responsibility on young inexperienced shoulders!! [/COLOR]

Not so young, he is 26 isnt he ? Certainly inexperienced.

Its good to know they are still looking, as we knew already with O'Donovan, yet I still cant see us buying a striker anyone here would class as proven.

I just hope he goes for a 'recognised' striker and not one from the Non-League wilderness - we got lucky with Sir Fred, can't imagine we will get that lucky again.

Alternatively Billy will fire home a hat-trick tonight and kick-start our season, and he will end up with the Golden Boot and get snapped up by Wolves at the end of the season in a cash + swap deal with Fred.

Problem solved ! ! :D

Faith not fear ! !

Its a bad state of affairs isn't it!!

The descrepancy at the club is we've got no proven striker..... the aim of the game is to score goals and win games so its a bit of a worry!!

Tilson HAS got to resolve this or perhaps Ron will bring someone in who can!!

The descrepancy at the club is we've got no proven striker..... the aim of the game is to score goals and win games so its a bit of a worry!!

Oh for goodness sake. I know I shouldn't take the bait but how they hell can you already know how many goals Charlie MacDonald & Gary Hooper are going to get between them this season?!?

A 'proven' might not score any more goals than an unproven one. Look at Marcus Stewart when he went to Bristol City at 29/30 years of age.

Bradbury is a proven striker you could argue. The thing is, who out there CAN replace Eastwood. He was, after all, one of the 2 best players many of us have seen at Roots Hall in their lifetime?

They don't grow on trees. Hayters gone. Trundle isn't one for the future. McLeod got snapped up. Sharp made the move at the right time.

Last season our first choice pair of strikers got about 25 goals between them. If our 4 or 5 strikers we now have at the club get that many between them, we'll be no worse off - and will unlikely lose any of them come end of the season

who do you suggest who we can a) afford, b) won't mess up our wage structure, and c) would want to come here? I'm sure Tilly would be keen to take advantage of the expertise here..

Easter looks like he's going MK dons. I'm not going to rule out a loan deal from Sunderland for a certain Roy O'donovan. Maybe another loan of a young kid with potential. Disappointed not to see us go in for Sahar as QPR signed a fantastic player for a season there.

Same old story.
The question is will RM back Tilly if he does eventually find a target.
Guessing we will end up with 'chose another club over us' /'didn't want to drop from a higher level'- 'his club would not release him on loan'.
I would love to see one of our current squad succeed but, Hooper aside, I just fail to see any potential.

We have been spoilt by Freddy, the other strikers we have look mundane by comparison. I personly dont think the forwards we have at the club,are anywhere good enough to give us promotion. Having said all that, i suppose the club must give them a chance to prove nearly everyone wrong, who knows mac might come good, Hooper might be the answer, but i doubt it.

We have been spoilt by Freddy, the other strikers we have look mundane by comparison. I personly dont think the forwards we have at the club,are anywhere good enough to give us promotion. Having said all that, i suppose the club must give them a chance to prove nearly everyone wrong, who knows mac might come good, Hooper might be the answer, but i doubt it.

Sadly not every striker scores their first goal for a club after 7.7 seconds or ends up with a hat-trick on their debut.

Bloody selfish if you ask me...

I think people are getting wound up by semantics. It's just a figure of speech. I'm sure he's working very hard to get who he wants.

We should take a punt on Andy Bishop - scored both goals in Bury's 2-1 win at MK Dons on Saturday, I reckon he'd manage the step up to League 1 easily.

We should take a punt on Andy Bishop - scored both goals in Bury's 2-1 win at MK Dons on Saturday, I reckon he'd manage the step up to League 1 easily.

Dont know him but a 0.34 goal ratio isnt bad. 110 games & 51 goals is a nice return as well.

Back