• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilson wins manager of the month

Congrats to Steve - a top effort. Couldn't see anyone else winning it. Now let's put this "curse" balls to bed with 3 points against The Gas on Friday and let's be top of the league for a change!

COME ON SOUTHEND!

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Mar. 31 2005,12:21)]I KNOW that the curse is not going to strike us.
Are you manager of Bristol Rovers on friday then?
laugh.gif

Well done Tilly and Brush. Now let's bury all this b******s about a 'curse' by beating Brizzel on Friday night
smile.gif

missed the Tilly spot but caught the McCarthy slot. What did he say about Tilly and was any footage shown?

Terry

When was the last time a Southend manager won the award? At a guess I'd say Webb in about 1991, but I don't really know for sure....

I think Fry may have won it just before he jumped ship to Brum. I'm sure I remember seeing him collect it on the pitch.

Tilly was on the phone and he basically said how pleased he was that we changed our form from having one of the worst defensive records in the league at the start of the season to having the second best in the league.
Also mentioned Freddy scoring 20 goals in 31 games and how the introduction of Freddy in the side has brought on Wayne Gray's form with Wayne bagging 12 goals.
On the LDV he said the usual stuff, how everyone wants to reverse the result from last season and it will be a bonus if we win but the main focus is promotion as it has been all season.

I think in his first few sentances Tilly even got in " Like I said before"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ Mar. 31 2005,12:41)]one of the worst defensive records in the league at the start of the season to having the second best in the league.
Our defensive record is the best in the division, Tilly - jointly with Swansea and Macc Town, at 40 goals. Indeed, no one in the bottom two divisions has conceded fewer than we have.

cool.gif

Credit must go to Paul Brush and the squad for their fantastic efforts this season. Well Done Steve Tilson!

I'll take a loss tomorrow if we can win the next 6 games... the double's still on!!!

blues.gif

Well played Steve Tilson, throughly deserved. No one was really in with a shout of winning the award.

Please, please, please, don't let this fecking curse strike.

Well done Tilly and Brush!! You certainly deserve it!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Now come on, lets beat this curse!!!!

UP THE BLUES!!!!!!!!

Back