• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

People are never going to boycott the last home game, it's the one where we get to show appreciation to the PLAYERS, that's why I suggested you keep it for the 1st match next season. I'm certainly not going to boycott it, I want to show my appreciation for a group of guys who came here expecting jack all and yet still have laid themselves on the line, body and soul in some cases, for the club and I suspect there are many other that feel likewise.

I am finding the irony of this worm turning slightly amusing, despite my club being on its bloody stumps, as the knees were sawn off long ago and sold off.
I remember pointing out Ron's long list of inadequacies on here a couple of years ago and being shot down in flames as a blasphemer by his blinkered band of loyal stooges, who swallowed every single poisonous word of his giddy spin. He did a better job on most of you than Goebbels.
So pleased people have finally seen the wolf of small stature hiding underneath the tiny lamb's clothing.
Now what did Goebbels do in that Berlin bunker when everything was crashing down around his ears, and those of the rest of his treacherous cronies?
Ah, yes, cyanide tablet!

People are never going to boycott the last home game, it's the one where we get to show appreciation to the PLAYERS, that's why I suggested you keep it for the 1st match next season. I'm certainly not going to boycott it, I want to show my appreciation for a group of guys who came here expecting jack all and yet still have laid themselves on the line, body and soul in some cases, for the club and I suspect there are many other that feel likewise.

I understand your points totally. My concern with doing it next season is that people will possibly lose the hunger for doing something over the summer break.

That'll be a great start to a new season, end any enthusiasm new players have towards SUFC.

That'll be a great start to a new season, end any enthusiasm new players have towards SUFC.
But as I said earlier, at least they will be signed up...and they can be warned in advance. There is a Meet the Blues Day happening this year :winking: I would personally much prefer that to ****ing off players who are out of contract or who might be sold in the summer.

Did you not read this post I made ?

"1 - Boycott the last home game of the season

2 - Holding up red cards with Martin OUT on them at all remaining home games

3 - 90 Minutes of Martin out chants at all remaining home games

Better still, all of them, yes it can be done !

2 & 3 plus a total boycott of the last game"

How is that not considering alternatives when my only suggestion was a boycott ? I then took onboard comments from others and included them in that post.

All of which wont really achieve anything.

He knows he is universally disliked, but he has no way out at the moment until he sorts out the new stadium.

He owns the club and his only route out is to complete the project then he will be gone.

Protest all you like and its your right to do so but personally I wont be bothering as Ron Martin knows full well what people think of him now.

Last edited:
No, I was too fixated on the scandelous final line.

Fair enough.

Scandalous to suggest the majority of supporters are apathetic when it comes to showing Mr Martin just how disgusted they are ?

I think the lack of action proves my point as there is a small hardcore of supporters who post here and express views and throw ideas around which is great, but sadly most who attend matches would let the club die without a wimper in my opinion.

You misunderstood the post and jumped down my throat with abuse.

All of which wont really achieve anything.

He knows he is universally disliked, but he has no way out at the moment until he sorts out the new stadium.

He owns the club and his only route out is to complete the project then he will be gone.

Protest all you like and its your right to do so but personally I wont be bothering as Ron Martin knows full well what people think of him now.

And doing nothing achieves ?

To be fair, I don't think he did. I think you have taken stuff Beefy has said and interpreted it in a certain way, from my experience Beefy is NOT an abusive person but I can quite easily see how his view, differing so widely from your own, can inflame your own feelings. Time to take a step or two back and reconsider your views I think.

Scandalous to suggest the majority of supporters are apathetic when it comes to showing Mr Martin just how disgusted they are ?

I think the lack of action proves my point as there is a small hardcore of supporters who post here and express views and throw ideas around which is great, but sadly most who attend matches would let the club die without a wimper in my opinion.

I didn't misunderstand anything and you were the one crying to the moderators because I dared to suggest that those refusing to act aren't doing so because they don't care, they're likely doing so because there's no clear agenda to support or clear objective to achieve.

You then repeated that same (scandelous IMO) suggestion in your second paragraph above.

Not everyone thinks the same way about things. We all have different ways of dealing with things. Don't look at people's actions (or inactions in this case), think about what would cause you to act that way and automatically assume that you understand their motivations and can presume to judge them for it.

I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who are apethetic about things. Not everyone is. But until there's a clear objective set and an agenda to get behind we'll never know.

.............and the infighting commences.

This is the reason why nothing will ever get done to voice the objections. Too many people will settle for 'He holds all the cards' or 'What will a demonstration do'.

The days of direct action seem to be a thing of the past, certainly in the Southend area.....................

OBL less of the hyperbole, youre making these players sound like superman! "Laid themselves on the line?" They are paid professionals (well paid at some point professionals), hard work should be the minimum expectation. Save that kind of talk for soldiers, firemen, police, real heroes of our community. Body and soul? Come off it, if these players get better offers in summer they will be gone. For the most cases, nobody else wanted these guys, so they ended up here and have done a reasonable job in the circumstances. But lets face it, bar a period of 10 games around December/January, we have been as mediocre as most of the other teams, hardly suprising when we have a team full of mainly league 2 quality players.

I'll clap them as I always do but there is no loyalty in football and Id be surprised if many of them are here next season.

Ok mate, let's boycott, but we need someone to organise and motivate us. Will you be our leader and chief organiser? You lead, you get it started, you get the red cards printed, you get leaflets printed, perhaps a Facebook page, you contact the press and media. You seem to want this but are you prepared to get of yourbackside, lose your cyber warrior persona and lead the boycott?

Ron Martin treats all fans with utter contempt and any form of boycott or abuse from the stands will not bother him, look at the T.V footage of him talking to fans in the car park last year he had complete hatred in his eyes for them fans for questioning him. The place to rattle him is the AGM where hopefully shareholders can ask the questions to make him uncomfortable and hopefully get him on the run. Will be hard though because he is as slippery as a bag of worms, and he will try to stage manage affairs right from the start of proceedings. I believe that his luck is going to run out sooner or later hopefully at the AGM, surely the likes of Ron Martin can't keep riding roughshod over anyone who crosses their path.

Ok mate, let's boycott, but we need someone to organise and motivate us. Will you be our leader and chief organiser? You lead, you get it started, you get the red cards printed, you get leaflets printed, perhaps a Facebook page, you contact the press and media. You seem to want this but are you prepared to get of yourbackside, lose your cyber warrior persona and lead the boycott?

That was going quite well until the cyber warrior jibe.

It really is a waste of time trying to get anything done without receiving dogs abuse from some of the long standing zoners. I give up, i'll leave you to continue spending copius amounts of time going round in circles on a forum. Had you put yourself forward and said ok i'll do this part, what part will you do I would have taken a different view but being sarcastic has confirmed what I thought all along, this whole thread was a waste of time as so many people are all mouth and no action.

Let's hope there is still a club next season, I for one seriously doubt there will be.

All the best to those who may decide to take the fight to Martin and you can PM me if you would like any assistance.

OBL less of the hyperbole, youre making these players sound like superman! "Laid themselves on the line?" They are paid professionals (well paid at some point professionals), hard work should be the minimum expectation. Save that kind of talk for soldiers, firemen, police, real heroes of our community. Body and soul? Come off it, if these players get better offers in summer they will be gone. For the most cases, nobody else wanted these guys, so they ended up here and have done a reasonable job in the circumstances. But lets face it, bar a period of 10 games around December/January, we have been as mediocre as most of the other teams, hardly suprising when we have a team full of mainly league 2 quality players.

I'll clap them as I always do but there is no loyalty in football and Id be surprised if many of them are here next season.
I was thinking of one Mr B Mohsni when I wrote that. Try telling him not to go in whole heartedly, whether he's paid or not!

That was going quite well until the cyber warrior jibe.

It really is a waste of time trying to get anything done without receiving dogs abuse from some of the long standing zoners. I give up, i'll leave you to continue spending copius amounts of time going round in circles on a forum. Had you put yourself forward and said ok i'll do this part, what part will you do I would have taken a different view but being sarcastic has confirmed what I thought all along, this whole thread was a waste of time as so many people are all mouth and no action.
Let's hope there is still a club next season, I for one seriously doubt there will be.

All the best to those who may decide to take the fight to Martin and you can PM me if you would like any assistance.

Excluding yourself of course.

I believe the AGM is the right time to protest, for those lucky enough to get in, and for those without an "invite" to congregate outside in numbers to cover every entrance and exit so the slippery B******d cant run and hide as he is likely to.

Lets just form AFC Southend and start again. The club is screwed we all know that, there is no new Stadium and the situation is only going to get worse.
I for one would sooner watch a new Southend even if its in the Essex Senior League than the present one which is being destroyed by Martin. At least it would be our club and no greedy property developer could get their hands on it. Aldershot and AFC WImbledon have shown you can rise from the ashes of a ruined Football club.

Back