• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time for changes! Tilson and Brush out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, i just think it's time for changes. The team is just trying to live off past glories under Tilson and it's going to drag us down.

The whold squad needs a good kick up the jaxie and it's not going to be Tilson that will do it.

No the hole squad just need a few games together and as they are pros with tilsons help they will sort it out. We are only 5 games into the new season, get real.

And no we wont be getting relegated this season.

I know it's pathetic, Leon Clarke wins the game for us in 3 quality bits of play, credit to Tilson, he brought him here, gotta get one right now and again.

What about Bailey and Richards, then? A few of us haven't forgotten the comment you made about Bailey being unable "to pass water". Surely you will now accept he is a quality signing? And Richards has added some much-needed height, as well as a no-nonsense approach to defending. Does Tilly get credit where credit is due here?

What about Bailey and Richards, then? A few of us haven't forgotten the comment you made about Bailey being unable "to pass water". Surely you will now accept he is a quality signing? And Richards has added some much-needed height, as well as a no-nonsense approach to defending. Does Tilly get credit where credit is due here?

Haha, nicely remembered.

Will people give Tilly credit ? Who knows..

Tommy Black
Nicky Bailey
Leon Clarke

3 great signings.

Ive also been impressed with the way Richards has slotted in.

Foran has shown this season he isnt the waste of money people said he was, Harrold has shown good improvement as well.

I reckon people will still point fingers at less successfull signings but no manager will get it right every time.

Yer he has made a real bad move bringing Leon Clarke in on loan.

Tilson and Brush out.

I dont quite understand the hounding of this particular poster over a post that numerous other posters found at least a small affinity with?

I am sure that TTK, along with the rest of us are elated at our upturn in fortune but lest not forget that this current starting eleven was more or less forced upon the management due to reported injury's as opposed to being some master stroke on their part.

I dont quite understand the hounding of this particular poster over a post that numerous other posters found at least a small affinity with?

I am sure that TTK, along with the rest of us are elated at our upturn in fortune but lest not forget that this current starting eleven was more or less forced upon the management due to reported injury's as opposed to being some master stroke on their part.

I think a lot of people, myself included, are fed up with the endless negative whinging of TTK, who only ever seems to post when we lose and conveys his opinions as though they are undeniable facts, drenched in exclamation marks. He doesn't help himself when he writes stuff like "I don't care what anyone says, we're heading to League 2," which comes across as a very arrogant statement.

I don't mind people being negative - this is a discussion board after all - as long as opinions are backed up with a reasoned argument and a bit of perspective. But when posters write constant reactionary stuff like TTK, it becomes hard to take it seriously after a while.

As for your final sentence, Tilly and Brush were saying in the summer that we needed more height at the back so it's not as if they've only just come to that conclusion. Admittedly, it is a shame that it needed the Brighton debacle to force the necessary changes but Richards only joined us just prior to the start of the season so maybe the management thought he needed time to settle before introducing him - especially given: a) where he signed from; and b) the reputation some of our fans have for getting on players' backs if they don't immediately deliver.

This post surely should be locked by know!

What is the point of hounding people off the board? Surely a mb where everyone has the same opinion would be boring.

I agree that TTK is probably as happy as everyone else with the improvements over the past coupe of weeks.

As I stated earlier in this thread, I think the point has been made here, and the thread could and should be locked - let the team's results speak for themselves, now.

But I can't let that comment pass. Those who regularly criticise Tilly and his team selections and purchases trot this one out every time the team starts doing well. If things go badly, then Tilly has to take the blame, they say, but if things go well then it is pure luck.

Cobblers.

In previous seasons there may have been an element of truth in it, because we had such a small squad that sometimes there was little choice as to who would play - though that ignores the fact that Tilson chose the players in the squad, and therefore is entitled to the credit when they play well. But this season we have cover for every position on the park, and not just cover but very strong competition. The only change that was made for the Gillingham match where Tilson didn't have at least two other players to choose from was in goal, so to claim that
...this current starting eleven was more or less forced upon the management due to reported injury's as opposed to being some master stroke on their part
is both risible and mean spirited. It may be that at times I wear "rose-tinted spectacles" but those who continue to deny Tilson and Brush the credit they deserve show, in my opinion, great disrespect to what is probably the best management team Southend have ever had.

I don't mind people being negative - this is a discussion board after all - as long as opinions are backed up with a reasoned argument and a bit of perspective. But when posters write constant reactionary stuff like TTK, it becomes hard to take it seriously after a while.

So what? Should he send you his posts first for checking, just to make sure you don't deem them "reactionary"?? It's a message board pal, stop taking yourself so seriously, you'll burst.

FWIW I agree with your sentiments on Tilson and don't agree with TTK, Wiggy etc etc but they are entitled to stir up a little debate every now and then and footballing opinions should not lead to their being publicly stoned......

Last edited:
So what? Should he send you his posts first for checking, just to make sure you don't deem them "reactionary"?? It's a message board pal, stop taking yourself so seriously, you'll burst.

FWIW I agree with your sentiments on Tilson and don't agree with TTK, Wiggy etc etc but they are entitled to stir up a little debate every now and then and footballing opinions should not lead to their being publicly stoned......

Personally, I don't think it's about TTKs opinions, more the fact that he only comes on after we lose. I dare say he's as passionate a supporter as any, and loves the club as much as the next man, but it does give the impression that he only likes to complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back