• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Timlin insists Blues squad remain right behind boss Brown

Surely we can't have a player backing PB, that could spoil the party.Let's have some "Thats because he's one of Browns favourites" snipes immediatlely.

Last edited:
Surely we can't have a player backing PB, that could spoil the party.Let's have some "Thats because he's one of Browbs favourites" snipes immediatlely.

If you really want to do that Rigsby, then go ahead, I doubt many will join you though.:unsure:

Surely we can't have a player backing PB, that could spoil the party.Let's have some "Thats because he's one of Browns favourites" snipes immediatlely.

Nice way to shut down a conversation...

That's the equivalent of 'dare you to say what is common knowledge and many people are thinking'.

MICHAEL Timlin insists the Southend United squad remain right behind manager Phil Brown.

More...

PB had better not stand near too many cliff edges then :smile:

But seriously Timlin is a stand up guy, so fair play to him for backing the boss. But if PB isn’t the problem, then who is?

Nile Ranger perhaps?

Timlin has been backed by Brown over the Clarkson attack, was backed with his prison sentence and had played LB when there were better options. I guess it was time for Brown to call in a favour :smile:

Okay, what is the issue then? Because you're playing *****

Didn't play well Saturday, but prior to that, apart from the finishing, we've played well.

We were 4th on current form, going into Saturday's match, which makes PB's comments and the 2nd half performance even more difficult to understand.

Didn't play well Saturday, but prior to that, apart from the finishing, we've played well.

We were 4th on current form, going into Saturday's match, which makes PB's comments and the 2nd half performance even more difficult to understand.

We didn't play well on Saturday or the game before (cup game)?. We do seem to be a bit shot shy which puts pressure on our defence which seems to be a bit shaky at times.

At home we're pretty good though, so it's hard to think what the problem is. All I can think is pressure because the players also believe they should be performing better.

The players have a lot answer.

That's kind of the crucial part though

Listening to Glenn Pennyfather on BBC Essex and from what we see at matches, we sit so deep that we are creating huge gaps between the midfield and the defence.

Why do we do this, is it because with two older CBs that we can't press high as they don't have the pace to catch the forwards once turned?

If it is this, then we are crying out for a purely defensive centre midfield player to fill that gap in front of the back 4 - hope that will be looked in to in January.

Well it's good that Timlin comes out in support of the manager. Why was Timlin, an unused player, asked to speak up anyway? Surely that usurps the role of the captain? perhaps they could not wait all night for Anton 'the tortoise' to get to the interview area?
Also, it might have been good, if in allaying rumours about the lost players support, Timlin had given an alternative reason/excuse for the shambles. If it's not one thing, it must be another.

Listening to Glenn Pennyfather on BBC Essex and from what we see at matches, we sit so deep that we are creating huge gaps between the midfield and the defence.

Why do we do this, is it because with two older CBs that we can't press high as they don't have the pace to catch the forwards once turned?

If it is this, then we are crying out for a purely defensive centre midfield player to fill that gap in front of the back 4 - hope that will be looked in to in January.

Very good points, I thought that was Lenny's duty though.

Very good points, I thought that was Lenny's duty though.

Personally I think that Lenny is too good a player for that role and is often up supporting the attack - I would like someone who plays like Dave Martin (for the older fan) or an improved version of Deegan. Would also likely mean playing just 1 up front though.

Personally I think that Lenny is too good a player for that role and is often up supporting the attack - I would like someone who plays like Dave Martin (for the older fan) or an improved version of Deegan. Would also likely mean playing just 1 up front though.

I do agree there, Lenny should play further up field, I think he'd get a hat full of goals. Maybe we're missing a trick.

Calm down Rigs your becoming hysterical in your quest for total agreement in all your 0pinions,it's becoming rather tiresome chap,not of your usual high standards,we are not all the same thank god.:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back