• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Mar. 14 2005,19:51)]dont judge them by just because you dont understand there interests.
"... live for the weekend, casual sex, watered down lager, heavily cut drugs ... "

Close?

WS

wink.gif

Smells like the 70's to me...

A few of you will know about that i bet?!!..

Not me though...

tounge.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 14 2005,19:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Mar. 14 2005,19:51)]dont judge them by just because you dont understand there interests.
"... live for the weekend, casual sex, watered down lager, heavily cut drugs ... "

Close?

WS

wink.gif
You know Mike, except for the drugs

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 14 2005,19:57)]"... live for the weekend, casual sex, watered down lager, heavily cut drugs ... "

Close?

WS

wink.gif
Sounds like my bachelor days!

tounge.gif

WS, Now Now those were sites only for those ITK
tounge.gif
. well so I was told.

Those were indeed the days.

Regards
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 14 2005,22:23)]WS, Now Now those were sites only for those ITK
tounge.gif
. well so I was told.

Those were indeed the days.

Regards
mad.gif
and much respect ofcourse fella... WS, a former southend hooligan?
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Mar. 14 2005,19:51)]There is a board for lads who want a ruck and I think this sort of post is better placed on there but all I would say is dont judge them by just because you dont understand there interests.
wasn't it shut down?

oh and mr cockles i know you're just a great big cuddly teddy bear.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (one flew over the cockles nest @ Mar. 14 2005,12:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ Mar. 13 2005,21:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (LITTLEMAN @ Mar. 13 2005,21:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ Mar. 13 2005,21:53)]I've seen the way they act thats enough evidence for me.
Some, not all of them
Ok fair point. I presume you know them then?
To be honest with you Barry thr Dog is probably the biggest c**t out of them all, and on numerous occasions I have seen him have a pint thrown over him in the spread. I believe he was also sitting in front of you against Mansfield, and that would explain alot I think
Just the sort of evil responce i would expect of a knuckle dragging moron such as yourself Cockroach.

Smithers release the hounds.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Mar. 14 2005,17:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I certainly don't remember the lads from the early 80s being that concerned about fashion ...
Before my time Mike but from some of the books I have read Fashion side of things started in the 80s thats just from what I read brands like Fila and Lacoste which are every day anybodys gear!
so many people now with stone island on give it time and somthing new will take its place!
The reason people switched to "casual attire", hence the name, was that in the late 70's early 80's many of the lads involved in trouble were skins. The old bill easily clocked onto the uniform, fligh jackets, cropped hair, DM's etc and could easily identify who was likely to start trouble.

The Stone Island, Paul & Shark, Burberry, Aquascutum brigade are no different from the skins in the past. They are easily identifiable and the police only have to look for the uniform to keep a lid on things.

I've got no objection to the CS lads having fun with their counterparts across the country but please do us a couple of favours.
1.) Ditch the uniform for a more individual look, maybe write to Trinny & Susannah at the BBC to see if they can give you a makeover.

2.) Keep it amongst yourselves and on your own message board. Most of us aren't interested in handbags at ten paces..!
wink.gif
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 14 2005,19:57)]
[b said:

Close?

WS

wink.gif
You've quoted that from a book, the Headhunters novel if I'm not mistaken?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Mar. 15 2005,09:57)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I certainly don't remember the lads from the early 80s being that concerned about fashion ...
Before my time Mike but from some of the books I have read Fashion side of things started in the 80s thats just from what I read brands like Fila and Lacoste which are every day anybodys gear!
so many people now with stone island on give it time and somthing new will take its place!
The reason people switched to "casual attire", hence the name, was that in the late 70's early 80's many of the lads involved in trouble were skins. The old bill easily clocked onto the uniform, fligh jackets, cropped hair, DM's etc and could easily identify who was likely to start trouble.

The Stone Island, Paul & Shark, Burberry, Aquascutum brigade are no different from the skins in the past. They are easily identifiable and the police only have to look for the uniform to keep a lid on things.

I've got no objection to the CS lads having fun with their counterparts across the country but please do us a couple of favours.
1.) Ditch the uniform for a more individual look, maybe write to Trinny & Susannah at the BBC to see if they can give you a makeover.
How about Addidas Forest Hills, Lois Jeans, Sergio Tachini tracksuit tops and deerstalker hats?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 15 2005,10:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Mar. 15 2005,09:57)]
[b said:
[b said:

How about Addidas Forest Hills, Lois Jeans, Sergio Tachini tracksuit tops and deerstalker hats?

That's the spirit my Argentinian chum, back to basics with the accent on accessories. A retro look would be good but you could throw in a pair of dunlop green flash trainers to make an ironic, post-casual, anti-suss statement.  
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Bloke In The Pram Shop @ Mar. 15 2005,10:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Mar. 15 2005,10:06)]A retro look would be good but you could throw in a pair of dunlop green flash trainers to make an ironic, post-casual, anti-suss statement.  
wink.gif
Nathan Barley is a Shrimper?
Indeed. The Spread will soon feature lifesize cut-outs of Japanese cartoon characthers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 15 2005,10:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Bloke In The Pram Shop @ Mar. 15 2005,10:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Mar. 15 2005,10:06)]A retro look would be good but you could throw in a pair of dunlop green flash trainers to make an ironic, post-casual, anti-suss statement.  
wink.gif
Nathan Barley is a Shrimper?
Indeed. The Spread will soon feature lifesize cut-outs of Japanese cartoon characthers.
Do you think they would start serving sushi, sake and draft Sapporo as well?

It would make a nice change from the tired, dated football boozer look being sported at the moment..!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Mar. 15 2005,09:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Mar. 14 2005,19:57)]
[b said:

Close?

WS

wink.gif
You've quoted that from a book, the Headhunters novel if I'm not mistaken?  
rock.gif
Actually one of the opening lines in "The Football Factory" ...

WS

Back