• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RobM

55 years as a supporter!⭐
Hats off to him - he now looks a real threat in front of goal - his second v. Torquay was a bundle of fun - great through ball and a finish best described as "cheeky"! Top Man, Sir!

A few games ago I think he would have just tried to drill it in when he first got the ball, but his new found confidence let him keep it and place it in the net. I have always rated his work-rate but now I think we will see the striker in him!

I think Sturrock said of Tomlin that if he scored every game he wouldn't be playing at Southend. Fair comment but then Sturrock is a seasoned professional who knows what he is on about. Some of the comments made about Tomlin in recent weeks have been plain stupid.

Cometh the man cometh the hour .Well done Gavin now maybe some of the boo boys will get off his back .And then again this is Southend united instead of the north bank the club should open a moaners corner .Then they can all sit together .:winking:

I've only seen a couple of games, and haven't seen him score yet..

But he never seemed to lack the confidence, just always seemed to lack the luck!

said after his first goal he would go on a bit of a run, glad im being proven right, good to see britt score again, only concern for me is that the team now looks settled and well balanced but the loans will be ending in about 10 games time (less for Tamika) and i hope that doesnt ruin our season :S

Tomlin can be annonymous but the last few games he has had real service from the midfield with balls to run on to which i think is his strength.

He is not a freddy type to try and bamboozle a defence he just likes to out pace and score which our play wasnt allowing him to do until we managed to get a midfield.

Lets face it he is keeping both Barry Corr and Freddy Eastwood on the bench so he must be doing something right.

Fair play to Gav as he works very very hard and is very much a confidence player so the goals will help him no end.

My main concern is that we dont have a midfielder capable of 10+ in a season.

So pleased that Luggy's faith in him is being rewarded. Even when the goals weren't going in, I thought his all round game was really good. Worked hard, held the ball up and has created a good understanding with Britt. Many strikers would have given in to the boo boys and asked to move, but he's stuck at it and proved them wrong. Well done Gavin

Tomlin is going very well at the moment,he certainly took his second goal with a lot of composure.Him and Britt is a strong partnership plus Eastwood and Corr as well as Harris forward options are very strong.

Fair play to him. If he keeps this recent form up I will be delighted to be proved wrong about him.

Both goals were terrific on Saturday.

He is hitting the target now, and that is half the battle, well done to the lad :thumbsup:

As so often before , we again have to doff yer cap in the direction of Mr. Paul Sturrock . He sees the players in training every day + obviously sees what we dont. I was willing him to put Tomlin on the right wing + putting someone else up front but Tomlin looks all of a sudden an absolute world beater... and long may this continue. Its amazing what a bit of confidence does to turn an apparantly average player into a match winner.

The moral of this story is ....... if you come to Blues matches to boo your own players then you are nothing more than a numpty and fans around you dont want to hear you neither. Our players are playing with confidence - dont allow a few hen pecked knuckle heads to dent the players confidence during the matches.

Back