• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tonight

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Can only make tonight by car, it appears my preffered route...from Chelmsford A12....M25 to J4...A21...A232 etc etc is a no go because of a major incident at J4 of the M25...

Can any hardened motorists suggest an alternate route from Chelmsford...

Was thinking M11 all the way to the North Circular then follow that all the way round...but know that can be sh!t at the best of times...

Any help appreciated...look's like it could be a nightmare drive.

sad.gif

you could try A2 then got on the South Circular round to Forest Hill. then head South.

Is it not anti clockwise the accident though?! I am driving too and was planning to use that route!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Aug. 08 2006,14:12)]Can only make tonight by car, it appears my preffered route...from Chelmsford A12....M25 to J4...A21...A232 etc etc is a no go because of a major incident at J4 of the M25...

Was thinking M11 all the way to the North Circular then follow that all the way round...but know that can be sh!t at the best of times...

sad.gif
i told you i will navigate..

mad.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Aug. 08 2006,14:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Aug. 08 2006,14:12)]Can only make tonight by car, it appears my preffered route...from Chelmsford A12....M25 to J4...A21...A232 etc etc is a no go because of a major incident at J4 of the M25...

sad.gif

mad.gif

laugh.gif
Thought you was meeting up with your Charlton boyfriends

[b said:

sad.gif
What have you heard Smiffy? As of now, the Highways website suggests no problem...

Clicky here

I was planning the same route.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dreams @ Aug. 08 2006,14:39)]Is it not anti clockwise the accident though?! I am driving too and was planning to use that route!
Yes, but apparantly all traffic heading for Kent from the M4 etc is being diverted round the northside of the M25!!, So i'm thinking avoid M25 at all costs!

rock.gif

May go A12 then pick up the Circular all the way through Blackwall tunnel etc etc..

[b said:

sad.gif
I have been to the Crystal Palace area a few times over the years and it has always been a nightmare to get to no matter what time of day or week so I am parking near London Bridge and getting the train. Less than perfect , but hopingto save time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Aug. 08 2006,14:48)]
[b said:
[b said:

sad.gif

mad.gif

laugh.gif
are you still alive..

are you going, how you getting there?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Aug. 08 2006,14:48)]
[b said:

sad.gif
What have you heard Smiffy? As of now, the Highways website suggests no problem...

Clicky here

I was planning the same route.
And then there's this one:

Link

Says the accident is M25 CLOCKWISE between junctions 4 and 6. Currently delays of 10 minutes caused by congestion due to an earlier accident. Normal traffic conditions expected by 3.15pm.

The one to watch out for seems to be at Junction 6 on the ANTI-CLOCKWISE entrance slip which is closed due to an accident. 20 minutes delay with normal traffic conditions expected from 8.00pm.

Famous last words but, on that information, the problem shouldn't affect us?

should be okay then... im doing a21 a232 route, with a2 as backup. am leaving at 5, is that enough time from leigh? im hoping to get their early enough to park at that sainsburys people are on about

just looked at the bbc travel and doesnt seem to be much that will effect us except temp. traffic lights on the a21 by bromley common

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jontosh2001 @ Aug. 08 2006,15:04)]should be okay then... im doing a21 a232 route, with a2 as backup.  am leaving at 5, is that enough time from leigh? im hoping to get their early enough to park at that sainsburys people are on about
Im leaving at 5pm too so that wants to be long enough!..

Where is this Sainbury's?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Aug. 08 2006,14:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Aug. 08 2006,14:48)]
[b said:
[b said:

sad.gif

mad.gif

laugh.gif
are you still alive..

are you going, how you getting there?
Train mate Hockley - Stratford - London Bridge - Palace

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Aug. 08 2006,15:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (jontosh2001 @ Aug. 08 2006,15:04)]should be okay then... im doing a21 a232 route, with a2 as backup. am leaving at 5, is that enough time from leigh? im hoping to get their early enough to park at that sainsburys people are on about
Im leaving at 5pm too so that wants to be long enough!..

Where is this Sainbury's?
apparently its next to the stadium on that block

Back