• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jam_Man

Life President
9 points from the last 3 games, 5th in the table and 3 points from the automatics if the BBC site is telling me the truth.

Thoughts and ratings here...

It's a fantastic three week expect Chester, as we are winning Vs teams we would lose last year!

That was a long second half to follow on line but another good three points we really do seem to go on a run of wins followed by defeats. Off to Camp Nou to watch Barca now and dare say mine will be the only Southend scarf in the stadium but I will enjoy the game so much more tonight knowing we won this afternoon.

Only 4 points off the top!

Incredible, considering just 2 weeks ago we should have sacked the manager, the backroom staff, half the players and not sent the players we did out on loan!

Gotta LOVE football!!

Like to see us kill games off, we had a number of chances and Worrall and Payne played well (according to commentary). My tickets for Northampton came today so hopefully we'll see a win next week (at last)!

Brown out ha more like sign him up give the man some credit!! How many fans did we take anyone know?

losing to chester could just be what we needed to push on for promotion . Yes like myself many fans were well pi**ed off after that cup game .But last season our long cup run hindered us . Maybe going out early could work in our favour .

Good evening all round,... Another win for the blues and i have a pass from the wife to go out with the lads for a few beers, and who knows maybe even a curry ! Happy days :smile:

I just think we could be sitting top now if we had kept Payne in the side a few weeks ago, who wants brown out now eh ? Only 4 points off the top eh:smile:

Brown out ha more like sign him up give the man some credit!! How many fans did we take anyone know?

Think a bit of perspective required. 3 Points yes, but against 2 bottom teams and a poor Northampton side. 9 points was probably a minimum.

Let's hope the momentum takes us into the games against stronger teams.

Still no goals from our strikers which remains a sizable concern.

I just think we could be sitting top now if we had kept Payne in the side a few weeks ago, who wants brown out now eh ? Only 4 points off the top eh:smile:

Errrr.....we have sneaked past Hartlepool and Tranmere......if it wasn't for fan pressure, he'd still be playing Deegan the crab and benching Jack Payne. Don't forget he wasn't keen on Worrall either.......these 2 victories are for us as he couldn't see a footballer if it hit him in the tan!

To be fair Payne wasnt doing anything and was anonymous for most of the games he was playing in and most on here were leaving him out of their sides.

From commentary he missed a couple of decent chances today and it was Worrall who had the bigger impact.

Think a bit of perspective required. 3 Points yes, but against 2 bottom teams and a poor Northampton side. 9 points was probably a minimum.

Let's hope the momentum takes us into the games against stronger teams.

Still no goals from our strikers which remains a sizable concern.

We haven't played Northampton yet, don't you mean Mansfield?

A win is a win at the end of the day, you can only beat what's put in front of you. Sorry for all the cliches!

There was a poll before the Hartlepool game on how many points we would get from the next 3 games. I said I expect 9 points and I was shouted down. We have the capability to get 9 points as we were playing lower opposition. Brown and the players have upped their game and I expect another 3 points next weekend to make it the 9 I originally expected.

Important 3 points to keep momentum going, well done lads! Just 4 points off top and some new blood to come before next Thursday ?. Sounded like all had a good game but especially Hurst, Worrall, and Payne? Bolger gaining in confidence , but then gives away silly penalty.

Back