• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

The irony of your claims on several threads is that Ron spent to much money on mangers and players in the previous 5 seasons.

If Akinola had moved on we would have another forward who is much better (on paper). Still we cant spend 2 years demanding a CEO and then grizzle when he does the very job we claimed would save our club.

I'm aware that several people (and not just you) think that the Chairman has saved SUFC.Unfortunately I'm not one of them.

I doubt if you 'll be able to find one post of mine "on several threads" to the effect that the Chairman has "spent too (sic) much money on managers and players".For the simple reason that I've never made such a claim. :Winking:

Nor have I made any comment on Akinola -except that I don't rate him- nor on the new CEO.Although as far as I can see he's doing a good job.

I'm aware that several people (and not just you) think that the Chairman has saved SUFC.Unfortunately I'm not one of them.

I doubt if you 'll be able to find one post of mine "on several threads" to the effect that the Chairman has "spent too (sic) much money on managers and players".For the simple reason that I've never made such a claim. :Winking:

Nor have I made any comment on Akinola -except that I don't rate him- nor on the new CEO.Although as far as I can see he's doing a good job.
How can that be when he's only been in the job a couple of months?

Agree with everything you say. He bangs on about saving the club every single months BUT how can you save a club that you've put in this position in the first place?

He literally must be sitting there laughing his arse off that his spiel is actually believed

Both registered.
Does registration actually mean anything in this league? There were squad limits last season so you wouldn't want to register a player you didn't want but this year there's no reason not to register players even if you don't think they'll be needed.

Does registration actually mean anything in this league? There were squad limits last season so you wouldn't want to register a player you didn't want but this year there's no reason not to register players even if you don't think they'll be needed.

The squad limit was a side effect of our embargo at the time. We are NOT under any form of embargo, squad limit, or any other restriction so you’ll find that pretty much everyone is registered with the league, excluding the kids who aren’t seen as in first team contention.

If we have a youngster coming through who is grabbing all the headlines of the under 16’s/18’s/23’s of whatever, they can be added to our squad at any time.

Akinde will sign for us at some point, if not right now it will be January or in the summer when his contract is up at the gills

Apologies, completely misread that lol. Thought you were saying you didnt rate Akinola or the new CEO :D

I see what you meant now!

Back