• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer Time

Museshrimper said:
Big price for Schoeman IMO. Well done. Makes me even happier I paid slightly more for sensational batting exquisite bowling the other week.
Yep, I'd have been pleased with 8.5m TBH....

Just bought a trainee to spunk all my spare nets on, and he's a spinner

Marc Baxter

Marc is a LH Batsman and LH Spin Bowler. He is an attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and woeful experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Plays For: Southend United
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 7,039 (+600)
Wages: £1,012 p/w
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: worthless
Bowling: proficient Consistency: competent
Fielding: feeble

i pondered bidding on that guy this morning but 3 hours of meetings put paid to that... how much did you pay for him?

Got Burns in the end. had to pay 13.4m for him though, but there's just no A/R on the market. Bit of a bugger that there was only 1 other person bidding. Still, gives me 1 Exquisite, 3 Sensationals and 1 Exceptional Bowling wise, and 4 Exquisites, 1 Exceptional and 1 Wonderful batting wise (and the last 2 are still being trained.) Selling my Skill trainees next week, so might trade in the Exceptional bowler (RHS) for a better model.

Raymond Burns (950024) Raymond is a LH Batsman and LFM Bowler. He is a defensive player with woeful leadership skills and masterful experience.

He currently has strong batting form, strong bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Plays For: BATTY SHRIMPERS
Nationality: New Zealand
Dual Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 150,985 (+8845)
Wages: £75,836 p/w

Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: exquisite Concentration: wonderful
Bowling: sensational Consistency: sensational
Fielding: remarkable

Could somone stick £1m on McGee for me please? Going for the bowler change now.

Is that anyone here or just coincidental??

Deadline:
18/03/2010 11:01

Asking Price: £200,000

Current Bid:
£1,000,000 by Muppets

Always love to see a bidding war. Oates was about to go for just £750k which would have been cheap. With 5 seconds left I stuck a bid on to keep him, with a few seconds left of that teh guy bid again and then two more guys got involved and it's now drifted above £1m which seems far more reasonable for a 17yo all rounder!

Up to £1.53m in the end! Glad I made the bid to trigger it off. Bought for £300k and had a total of 8 nets so that's a decent return.

Next weeks projected balance up to £6.5m. Unfortunately I stupidly listed Plummer at £7.5m rather than low so can't raise the funds in time to bid for the double miraculous 22yo bowler that expires tomorrow.

Pollock's gone on the market today at 5m. Has got hardly any runs this season, and I've gone below the 1.6m threshold, so need to get it back up again.

Seamus Pollock (1313866) Seamus is a RH Batsman and RM Bowler. He is a steady player with competent leadership skills and wonderful experience.

He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.

Plays For: BATTY SHRIMPERS
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 91,544 (+97)
Wages: £45,522 p/w
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: exquisite Concentration: exquisite
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: woeful

picked up an 18yo quick last night for just over 2m. strong/strong/resp and has been on 2 bowling nets but didn't pop last week, so he's hopefully at a decent sub-level of strong.

need to think about getting some cash in now as i need a better rotating bat but i'm down to 2.5m in the bank.

Up to £1.53m in the end! Glad I made the bid to trigger it off. Bought for £300k and had a total of 8 nets so that's a decent return.

Next weeks projected balance up to £6.5m. Unfortunately I stupidly listed Plummer at £7.5m rather than low so can't raise the funds in time to bid for the double miraculous 22yo bowler that expires tomorrow.
The double miraculous went for £12.8m, I wouldn't have paid that much anyway.

Good news however is that Mcgee went for £4.5m, £500k more than I bought him for at the start of the season and Plummer went for £8.8m which is £850k more than I bought him back for.

So my pot looks thus:

Current Balance: £5,495,121
Projected balance at next Update: £19,288,585

Should get me two very nice bowlers indeed!

3 plus a superb (who will be sold should we blow the whole lot).

3 current targets. I'm particularly after the last one.

Battrick Rating: 139,173
Wages: £69,382 p/w
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: exceptional Concentration: superb
Bowling: exquisite Consistency: exquisite
Fielding: proficient

Battrick Rating: 202,530
Wages: £152,693 p/w
Batting: worthless Concentration: respectable
Bowling: elite Consistency: elite
Fielding: superb

Battrick Rating: 121,828
Wages: £55,254 p/w
Batting: worthless Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: masterful Consistency: exquisite
Fielding: quality

Hello......

Battrick Rating: 210,057
Wages: £88,075 p/w

Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: wonderful Concentration: exceptional
Bowling: masterful Consistency: miraculous
Fielding: exquisite

Ok, £11m shelled out for the first player. Expensive but fitted the bill perfectly. As an added bonus, he was on two bowling nets but didn't pop this week but his consistency did. His wage is £59,490, Scuffer's tool says £56,707. If he's been on 2 bowling nets all season and knowing that his concentration has just popped, it surely means he's well on the way to miraculous which would be a touch. Miraculous with the same stats is £70k, he'll go on a single net, fingers crossed for a pop by the end of the season.

Fazlul Digana - 22 yo, BT Rating=123,659
RH batsman, LM bowler. He is an attacking player with worthless leadership skills and proficient experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and changeable fitness.

Batting: worthless Concentration: competent
Bowling: masterful Consistency: masterful
Fielding: superb

2 experienced bats up for sale as i look to cut costs back to make room for a better supporting batsman - including SZ alliance stalwart Wheat.

12. Christian Wheat - 32 yo, BT Rating=7,076
LH batsman, RFM bowler. He is a steady player with woeful leadership skills and wonderful experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, strong bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: strong Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful
Fielding: abysmal

13. Keith Mcmahon - 32 yo, BT Rating=23,193
LH batsman, LH Spin bowler. He is an attacking player with worthless leadership skills and exquisite experience.
He currently has superb batting form, strong bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: proficient Concentration: superb
Bowling: woeful Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: mediocre

Back