• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Truly great albums

Always considered ACDC as one of those bands that you have to google the lyrics, as it's hard to understand what they're singing about.

"Let me put my love into you babe
Let me put my love on the line
Let me put my love into you babe
Let me cut your cake with my knife"

Back in Black, "Let Me Put My Love Into You Babe"

Simple, sensitive poetic beauty.

I know its obvious as its their big album but I think they peaked with 'Takk'. Their string section are a band called Amiina who are all subtle beauty built around bowed saws, hand bells, sewing machines - well worth checkking out, as are another Icelandic band called Mum. Something in the water in that country.

Yeah Amiina is a good shout, Jonsi's solo stuff is a bit hit and miss (Go was good, riceboy sleeps again wasn't so good).
Another fine icelandic band is Leaves.

I'm with MK here. Not sure how one can like The Jam and The Style Council and not like a single track from Wildo Wood.

I saw The Jam a couple of times live(in London and here)back in the early days.Was also a huge SC fan and regret that I never got the chance to see them live.Sorry but I just find PW's solo stuff pretentious and over rated.He's played here quite often and I've always found it easy to resist his charms.
However,I will be going to see Richard Hawley(again)when he returns here at the end of October.Now he's a really gifted singer/songwriter.

Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction,

Greatest Debut Album ever and no filler!

AC/DC - Back In Black

Great Album and great way to rem Bon

AC/DC - Highway to hell

i prefer this to the above

Marillion - Mislpaced Childhood

Great Story Ablum

better than Substance????--yes I know its technically a best of 12 inch album but utterly brillant (got to see them again a couple of months back-supherb even if Bernards voice is now totally crap)

Please, no.

I always skip through the version of Confusion on there, it's appalling.

Also - on that basis you could say that "Retro" is a truly amazing album, all 5 discs of it. Technique is without a doubt NO's best album.

In terms of preference:

1) Technique
2) Republic
3) Lowlife
4) Brotherhood
5) PCL
6) Get Ready
7) Movement

Waiting for the Siren's Call doesn't count as it's utter, utter, utter gash.

Last edited:
Drastic™;1441566 said:
:moon: I'll take that as a compliment coming from someone who suggested a U2 album. :winking:

Ah, but they were very very good once upon a time and the indiest of indie. Not the boorish megagroup that they are today.

Back