• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tuesday's Burning Question - Holidays with the parents?

When should they stop?

• Upto 18 is acceptable, and it's good to stay close to parents

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • 18-20 is around the boundary lines

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Over 20 is just unacceptable and slightly worrying

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I'm 40 and I'm still going on holiday with my parents

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Einstein

Esch Zhed Eff Schee
Another Statski Stag Clique poll.

When should you stop going on holiday with your parents?!

Now the general feeling was when you hit 18. After that, it should be mates holidays all the way. One of the SZFC members will be over 20 and still going on summer holidays with the parents. I think the most worrying thing about this, is he doesn't see a problem with it and actually proud of going on holiday with his rents and not his mates. What does the ShrimperZone contingent honestly feel about this?

(Ski-ing holidays with parents etc are acceptable as they are more family orientated, this is purely holidays in the sun in destinations like Spain/Greece/Cyprus)

I can't see a problem with going on an occasional holiday with your parents. I wouldn't want it to be my only holiday, but as long as you've moved out and are living an independent life the rest of the year there isn't anything wrong with spending a bit of time with your family.

I also don't see why a ski-ing holiday would be any more family orientated than a beach holiday.

Um didnt we have this before from Dts??

Thought so...

I stopped going on holiday with my parents when I was 16.

Any older than that and its sad....

However now Im 37 Im happy to go away with Inlaws as you have ready made baby sitters :)

18 is toppish unless its sking , which few teenagers can afford.. Once you have your own kids your more than happy to holiday with your parents again for some Free babysitter kind of reason!!!!

The guy in question...

I wouldn't want it to be my only holiday
Nope, it is.

as long as you've moved out and are living an independent life the rest of the year there isn't anything wrong with spending a bit of time with your family.
Nope, still lives at home.

I also don't see why a ski-ing holiday would be any more family orientated than a beach holiday.
Much more expensive so could be restrictive and only way could go Ski-ing would be with parents.

In my defence i would like to say:

- The holiday was FREE

- None of my other mates are going on holiday this year (2 of them decided to be selfish and skanked the rest of us to go earlier this year!!!)

- I have not been on holiday with my parents for 3 years (Dominican Republic, Kos and Majorca with the ex were the last 3 years holiday)

- I will probably never go away with them again!

- PS We have done this poll before and everyone said it was ok :flamer:

So, it was a choice of no holiday AT ALL this year, or putting up with the rents for a week and getting a FREE holiday in the med. Easy decision!

Last edited:
I've no qualms holidaying with my father even now, but I'd imagine it'd be a mite cold if we shared accomodation, seeing as he's been dead for 10 years and is currently 6 feet below the surface of Mitchell Hill, Dingwall, overlooking Ross County's ground.

Nice view though.

I have no qualms about going on holidays with my parents, although I go on holidays mostly with mates these days.
It does help, though, when your parents pay for said holiday and it involves going to Australia...

The guy in question...

Nope, it is.

Nope, still lives at home.

Much more expensive so could be restrictive and only way could go Ski-ing would be with parents.

Hmm, I was thinking it was perfectly acceptable, but for an only holiday for someone who lives at home with his parents its really not on.

To be honest, I think scrounging off parents makes it even worse.

18 is toppish unless its sking , which few teenagers can afford.. Once you have your own kids your more than happy to holiday with your parents again for some Free babysitter kind of reason!!!!

Word to that

plus you shouldnt turn down a freebie IMO

At the end of the day, your parents have had to take you on holiday for the last 16 years, so they are probably happy to have a holiday by themselves as you are to go away with your mates, so if after this point they do invite you on holiday again, and it doesnt mean blowing out your mates, why not

Back