• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Turner heading to Spain with Blues

Anyone know why this signing hasn't been confirmed yet and is just at the "agreed terms" state at the mo? If we can get this one over the line at least we can field a half decent lineup for the opening day.

Turner was class. Not sure how mobile or durable he is now.

A partnership of him and Anton would have been class 10 years ago.

Anyone know why this signing hasn't been confirmed yet and is just at the "agreed terms" state at the mo? If we can get this one over the line at least we can field a half decent lineup for the opening day.

I understand we are looking closely at his fitness before we commit to it. Obviously it works both ways and Turner could get a better offer.

You have to say even by Phil Brown's standards, starting the season with just Ferdinand, Turner and White as central defenders is a huge gamble. Extremely doubtful that Anton will play 30 games, and who knows about Turner who has played about 12 games in 2 years.

I understand we are looking closely at his fitness before we commit to it. Obviously it works both ways and Turner could get a better offer.

You have to say even by Phil Brown's standards, starting the season with just Ferdinand, Turner and White as central defenders is a huge gamble. Extremely doubtful that Anton will play 30 games, and who knows about Turner who has played about 12 games in 2 years.

If we don't sign another CB then we will get someone in on loan.

I know Inniss was never a fans favourite but at least you can hand them back if they break.

Hand them back if they break. he was broken be for he even got here when you keep stum about his fitness in the past to your mate and his club its a bit off a **** take.

I know Inniss was never a fans favourite but at least you can hand them back if they break.

Agreed - but these loan players are also at the club to develop ......... and having a central defender that is "developing" sounds more likely to be a leaky defence to me.

He certainly wasn't crap,but he wasn't the finished article,he was many,many times better than the previous lanky centre-back-Prosser!

Have you been taking drugs or something. Posset was so many times better than Inniss is. People targeted Prosser incorrectly. He was a decent solid CB who proved his worth time and time again. Numerous goal line blocks seem to have been forgotten by his detractors as well as many many good performances. One bad performance and he was knocked to bits but had far more good than bad games

I would say Inniss was crap but he wasn't that good

Some players are just born to be injury prone. If he had not had such a disaster with injuries then Inniss would definitely be a Championship player.

Some players are just born to be injury prone. If he had not had such a disaster with injuries then Inniss would definitely be a Championship player.

A championship rugby player maybe. Awful with the ball at his feet , positioning poor and his timing when jumping for headers left a lot to be desired. Good with a bottle though

A championship rugby player maybe. Awful with the ball at his feet , positioning poor and his timing when jumping for headers left a lot to be desired. Good with a bottle though

Its best to judge CB when the opposition have the ball at their feet.

Break what:

His shoulder?

The law?

The bottle before hitting someone over the head with it?

I'm not sure we handed him back after any of that!

Break what:

His shoulder?

The law?

The bottle before hitting someone over the head with it?

I'm not sure we handed him back after any of that!

When he dislocated his shoulder we did hand him back to Palace

When he broke the law and a bottle he was not playing for Southend so why would we hand him back.

The original post was a about one of the benefits of loan players

I know its Monday but cheer up. :smile:

Dan Matsuzaka was on the bench last year. I have no idea how much he has developed but with the likes of Ferdinand, Turner and White in the squad he has some experienced professionals to learn from. Maybe not a bad option as 2nd reserve behind White.

I have no problem in bringing in a loan player (Adam Thompson was a loanee after all) but maybe only if required following injury.

Back