• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I agree. But I couldn't resist the opportunity to get a bet on with Barna!
What do the money men say on a right wing split vote and Labour get in? Is the fact all the PR will be centred around the battle between those two mean that Labour will be overlooked by the press? Long way for me but I might try to get over for some canvassing if there is a potential gain. Not got a date yet have we?

What do the money men say on a right wing split vote and Labour get in? Is the fact all the PR will be centred around the battle between those two mean that Labour will be overlooked by the press? Long way for me but I might try to get over for some canvassing if there is a potential gain. Not got a date yet have we?

October 9th seems to be the most suggested date. Save your train fare, no chance of a Labour gain there.

October 9th seems to be the most suggested date. Save your train fare, no chance of a Labour gain there.
Ta.
i do love a long pointless train journey - usually to support a pointless cause for 90 minutes...

last election ion was big margin but the one before that was close and that was with the right wing vote all in one place, so unlikely but stranger things have happened.

Fair play to him for resigning his seat and fighting the election, but I hope he gets stuffed. Tactically though it was probably a wise move to resign now as the electorate would see it as opportunistic to switch labels for a GE.

Does this harm UKIP though and help Cameron?

Farage is trying to portray them as the party of outsiders, but here's someone who is a banker, who was a public schoolboy at Charterhouse (but still only ended up at a second-rate uni like UEA), who claimed £655 in expenses for a "love seat" and £32,000 in expenses in all for his second home and he's set to be their most prominent figure (other than the public schoolboy (Dulwich), turned banker Farage who took £15,000 expenses for his office which was provided rent-free).

Major would have loved for there to have been UKIP around for them to defect to when he was struggling to deal with his "*******s". Surely the more swivel-eyed loons Cameron can lose, the more moderate he appears. Whilst that's probably not popular in Essex, which is usually somewhere to the right of Attila, doesn't that make Cameron's Tories appear more sensible, more moderate to the rest of the electorate?

Labour 25/1.

It was a Labour seat under Blair in '97.

Love to see the Tories put up Boris as their candidate.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/aug/29/douglas-carswell-ukip-michael-white

He'll win this by election. Fancy a straight tenner on it?

I'll take that bet (as a hedge).

As I'm sure you'll remember, we also have an existing bet (for a tenner) that UKIP won't win a single seat at a by-election or at the 2015 G/E.

I wasn't aware that our little wager included by-elections but ok, I'm happy with that.

Thanks.

I'm not (much of) a betting man but those odds on the Tories look sound to me.

You sure about that?!!

Michael White clearly knows Carswell and Stuart Wheeler personally.

What particular axe does he have to wield, in your opinion?

I know your blinkered view of this world is 'Left is Best' and anyone else making comment is instantly wrong but it must be blatantly obvious even to you that snide references such as 'A loner steeped in British imperial history' and concluding Cameron will fail in any negotiations for reform to the EU is hardly the comments of a balanced journalistic piece. He is also a Labour Party supporter and European Federalist which is going to make him biased before he even picks up a pen.

Both Yorkshire and reg have written with sense and sound argument, UKIP's best point at the moment is that it is neither Tory or Labour.
Many, many people are really fed up with the current political situation in all of the UK ( especially the Scots,), the shame of it is that although Cammie and Miliped know that they are too cozy and comfortable to instigate change for the benifits of democracy when it might cost them & their chum,their own jobs.
Their inertia may help UKIP garner votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back