• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We gain far more than the cost of the EU. Leaving would, imho, be a mistake. Might take several years to be felt, but foreign investment would shift from the UK to the remaining European members.

I'm sure the unemployed and vulnerable will take great comfort in that.
I was answering Mrs Blue's point - she quoted the cost of the EU and o/s aid and I was pointing out that there is income generated from these costs. Some people know the cost of things but not the value of them.

The cost of MP's and MEP's offices is a valid discussion but a bit of a swerve from the thread.

A friend of mine at Roots Hall yesterday - he has lived in Romania for a few years and just returned with his Romanian wife and kids - he is living in an area where there is a serious chance of a UKIP MP and despite being a Labour supporter he is seriously considering tactically voting Tory as a vote against UKIP. Can't imagine his young family feeling too safe if they are being represented by UKIP

I was answering Mrs Blue's point - she quoted the cost of the EU and o/s aid and I was pointing out that there is income generated from these costs. Some people know the cost of things but not the value of them.

The cost of MP's and MEP's offices is a valid discussion but a bit of a swerve from the thread.

A friend of mine at Roots Hall yesterday - he has lived in Romania for a few years and just returned with his Romanian wife and kids - he is living in an area where there is a serious chance of a UKIP MP and despite being a Labour supporter he is seriously considering tactically voting Tory as a vote against UKIP. Can't imagine his young family feeling too safe if they are being represented by UKIP

Afternoon ***. Just to keep things balanced on this thread. If UKIP would make Essex so unsafe has your friend considered moving to a staunch Labour controlled area. Rotherham or Rochdale for example. The kids will be nice and safe there..... as long as they don't get in the back of a local mini cab.

Afternoon ***. Just to keep things balanced on this thread. If UKIP would make Essex so unsafe has your friend considered moving to a staunch Labour controlled area. Rotherham or Rochdale for example. The kids will be nice and safe there..... as long as they don't get in the back of a local mini cab.
Good afternoon to you.
What you are referring to is criminality that was not dealt with by Councillors, social workers or the police.
His situation is that he could be represented by a party whose leader specifically stated he would not feel comfortable leaving next to Eastern Europeans. So Farage's German wife is completely acceptable to Farage and my friend's Romanian wife is not welcome in the mind of Farage. Not ideal if his people are their representatives.

Good afternoon to you.
What you are referring to is criminality that was not dealt with by Councillors, social workers or the police.
His situation is that he could be represented by a party whose leader specifically stated he would not feel comfortable leaving next to Eastern Europeans. So Farage's German wife is completely acceptable to Farage and my friend's Romanian wife is not welcome in the mind of Farage. Not ideal if his people are their representatives.

No he actually said most people wouldn't be comfortable living next door to a large group of Romanian men, which is true.

No he actually said most people wouldn't be comfortable living next door to a large group of Romanian men, which is true.
Depends which quote you are talking about - he talks a lot and mostly about just two subjects.
If we take the quote you are referring to - why did he not point out most people would rather not live next door to Germans, because that would also be true. It's because his wife is German so he has decided that nationality is acceptable.

Good afternoon to you.

Yes that's right Labour controlled councils, hijacked by PC bullies who created an environment of fear. To speak out against certain groups within the community was tantamount to career suicide. So the social workers and high ranking police acted just like some Nazi guards and chose to turn a blind eye instead.

Yes that's right Labour controlled councils, hijacked by PC bullies who created an environment of fear. To speak out against certain groups within the community was tantamount to career suicide. So the social workers and high ranking police acted just like some Nazi guards and chose to turn a blind eye instead.
Not sure where you get the word bully from - only the perpetrators of the crimes would fit that. What happen was a whole load of individuals turning a blind eye. Each and every one of them should be ashamed of themselves for accepting anyone else's lack of action, I can't believe anyone who knew it was going on would stop doing whatever they could until prosecutions were made. It's like the case of Jimmy Saville - the amount of people that would have know it was going on and the sheer scale of it is baffling that it wasn't stopped.
But those have been well covered and this thread is about UKIP and I really feel for my mate that he is married to someone from one of the nationalities that Farage had decided to demonise whilst being married to a foreign European himself and employing this foreign national in a very well paid job that could have gone to an unemployed Brit.

We gain far more than the cost of the EU. Leaving would, imho, be a mistake. Might take several years to be felt, but foreign investment would shift from the UK to the remaining European members.

Scaremongering I'm afraid.

No such evidence exists of your belief but we would be free to do business with any country we choose.

Foreign investment would Imo increase substantially as there would be no more silly EU rules to adhere to.

Not sure where you get the word bully from - only the perpetrators of the crimes would fit that. What happen was a whole load of individuals turning a blind eye. Each and every one of them should be ashamed of themselves for accepting anyone else's lack of action, I can't believe anyone who knew it was going on would stop doing whatever they could until prosecutions were made. It's like the case of Jimmy Saville - the amount of people that would have know it was going on and the sheer scale of it is baffling that it wasn't stopped.
But those have been well covered and this thread is about UKIP and I really feel for my mate that he is married to someone from one of the nationalities that Farage had decided to demonise whilst being married to a foreign European himself and employing this foreign national in a very well paid job that could have gone to an unemployed Brit.

Farage has said what most think,70% of the population has immigration as their second biggest worry.Farage welcomes those who come here and add to the economy which most will agree with,last 12 months 300,000 have arrived and this cannot be sustained even by the most left minded individual apart from Natalie Bennet who probably wants to breast feed the starving.

We need skilled people not carrot pickers as we have plenty of those.

Farage has said what most think,70% of the population has immigration as their second biggest worry.Farage welcomes those who come here and add to the economy which most will agree with,last 12 months 300,000 have arrived and this cannot be sustained even by the most left minded individual apart from Natalie Bennet who probably wants to breast feed the starving.

We need skilled people not carrot pickers as we have plenty of those.
Sorry but I think you are wrong on all accounts - UKIP are polling 15% tops in the polls so most people do not seem to be backing his demonising approach to immigration.
Immigration is generally accepted to add to the economy so on that basis we would continue as we are. Yes most agree that more controls need to be put into place but not by his methods. According to farmers fruit and veg pickers are exactly what is needed. Skilled professions sure, but also nearly all positions in the NHS are reliant on immigrants and teaching is increasingly too.
A balance approach is needed and Nigel doesn't offer that.

Sorry but I think you are wrong on all accounts - UKIP are polling 15% tops in the polls so most people do not seem to be backing his demonising approach to immigration.
Immigration is generally accepted to add to the economy so on that basis we would continue as we are. Yes most agree that more controls need to be put into place but not by his methods. According to farmers fruit and veg pickers are exactly what is needed. Skilled professions sure, but also nearly all positions in the NHS are reliant on immigrants and teaching is increasingly too.

Those old chestnuts.

How did we ever manage with fruit and veg and the NHS before the hordes arrived here,in fact how did we survive as a country without the mass immigration,they have saved us all.

We should all rejoice that the Labour Party allowed en masse arrivals because surely we would all be eating next doors flowers and the NHS would only be able to put sticking plaster on our wounds.

Those old chestnuts.

How did we ever manage with fruit and veg and the NHS before the hordes arrived here,in fact how did we survive as a country without the mass immigration,they have saved us all.

We should all rejoice that the Labour Party allowed en masse arrivals because surely we would all be eating next doors flowers and the NHS would only be able to put sticking plaster on our wounds.
Not so much chestnuts and more to do with practicalities. We have an ageing population so more strain on the NHS and other services that require extra people of working age. And fruit picking - we don't want to do it but we want to eat fruit - what are we to do?

Not so much chestnuts and more to do with practicalities. We have an ageing population so more strain on the NHS and other services that require extra people of working age. And fruit picking - we don't want to do it but we want to eat fruit - what are we to do?

Stop the benefits Culture. White Dee could do with a few weeks fruit picking. Would help the NHS long term as well.

This is one big misrepresentation of the truth, in the area where I live the locals want their old jobs back in the fields and processing plants, sadly they have been undercut by immigrant labour and were forced onto the dole under Browns misplaced and misguided philosophy of having a welfare dependant Britain.
Immigration to my part of the World has brought nothing but misery, with the exception of the agencies that exploit the overseas labour brought in, and big business that benefits from having a cheap work force.

Central Office won't be happy with their little clone. EM has told you not to lie and use the race card against NF.

What is labours approach to immigration then?

When a foreign national is released from prison after serving a sentence for raping a twelve year old girl should he be deported ?

Order the unemployed to pick fruit and veg,give them an extra £5 per day,they win and we win because the fruit and veg will be cheaper to buy .

I read the last time Labour were in power they created 1 million jobs with 950,000 going to immigrants !,They sold this country down the river.For that reason I am out.

Order the unemployed to pick fruit and veg,give them an extra £5 per day,they win and we win because the fruit and veg will be cheaper to buy .

I read the last time Labour were in power they created 1 million jobs with 950,000 going to immigrants !,They sold this country down the river.For that reason I am out.

Where this goes awfully wrong for Labour is even they admit that the UK's labour force has been left unprotected, so the people who may have historically supported them have turned their backs on them and rightly so.

Scaremongering I'm afraid.

No such evidence exists of your belief but we would be free to do business with any country we choose.

Foreign investment would Imo increase substantially as there would be no more silly EU rules to adhere to.

Some experts will say there are benefits from staying in. Others will say it is better to be outside the EU. But it is all just guess work as nobody really knows.

Our companies are free to deal with anyone they like in almost any country already, so that wouldn't change and is a bit of a non argument. The key to selling internationally depends on having a product that people/companies want to buy and the strength of pound.

Even if we left the EU, we will probably still have to adhere to the same regulations if we want to continue selling to the European market.

Why are EU rules silly as opposed to ones made in the UK? The EU has done much to help the individual such as cutting telephone bills and roaming charges, fair airfare prices, free movement, stopping unfair trade practices and preventing employers from exploiting workers, and there are plenty of other examples.

Also the EU was big enough to take on Microsoft, and is now having a crack at Google.

Sure the EU is far from perfect and needs some reform. But as the Tories have been banging on about Scotland being better off in the UK, then doesn't it follow that the UK is stronger as part of Europe?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back