• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
See Farage thinks that today's re-call of MP's to debate IS has been done deliberately to distract attention from UKIP's conference.

Also that his party are planning to cut UK income tax-just like the closet Tories they really are.

That can't be right surely Barna?....according to you UKIP don't have any policies other than immigration and Europe.

Also nice to see UKIP's plan is costed....unlike Labour's NHS black hole of spending.

UKIP will also promise to raise to £13,500 the amount people can earn before paying any income tax....good news for lower income earners.

See Farage thinks that today's re-call of MP's to debate IS has been done deliberately to distract attention from UKIP's conference.

Also that his party are planning to cut UK income tax-just like the closet Tories they really are.

Has he really said that? Surely no one would admit that much of a distorted level of their own importance? After the fuss he made about Cameron blabbing about private conversations with the Queen you would think he would have a greater sense of protocol and what not to say.

I read this morning that Paddy Power have employed Farage in a self parody advertisement wearing ridiculous trousers - I was hoping that was a very late or very early April Fools joke but it was presented as factual. What is going on Nige?

Has he really said that? Surely no one would admit that much of a distorted level of their own importance? After the fuss he made about Cameron blabbing about private conversations with the Queen you would think he would have a greater sense of protocol and what not to say.

I read this morning that Paddy Power have employed Farage in a self parody advertisement wearing ridiculous trousers - I was hoping that was a very late or very early April Fools joke but it was presented as factual. What is going on Nige?

Farage has made an advert, promoting the Ryder Cup team where he is dressed as a golfer.

It's certainly tongue tongue in cheek.

Apparently Paddy Power were considering Milliband but decided his image is poor and it was unlikely that he would remember important parts of the script.

Roger Lord resigned his ECC seat after Carswell's defection. A number of local UKIP activists there are quite hacked off about it. Half of Lord's former County division is in the Clacton constituency. Carswell will walk the by-election but the Lib Dems could well win the County Seat up for grabs, think they were about 150 odd behind 18 months ago.

UKIP's policies on the economy are as shallow as the looney lefties, all soft sound bites and no substance.
Their policies sound ok but would never balance a budget.

Farage has made an advert, promoting the Ryder Cup team where he is dressed as a golfer.

Apparently Paddy Power were considering Milliband but decided his image is poor and it was unlikely that he would remember important parts of the script.

Yes,he was quoted as such on the Daily Politics yesterday.This line was also supported by a female UKIP spokesperson interviewed on the show.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-29358552

They also showed the Paddy Power clip,which was clearly tongue-in-cheek.

However,UKIP's spokesperson was unable to say if he'd been paid for the ad.and if so how much.Interesting question.

It was only for a giggle. Mildly amusing but nothing for anyone to get het up about.

It was only for a giggle. Mildly amusing but nothing for anyone to get het up about.
Not het up I genuinely thought it was a joke - why would a company use the leader of a political party to advertise their service? Very odd.

The economic policies that they are 'investigating' seem to be to reduce all taxes except VAT which goes up for high value goods - all very unachievable and raising taxes on spending doesn't sound like a great plan for an economy barely out of recession.

Not het up I genuinely thought it was a joke - why would a company use the leader of a political party to advertise their service? Very odd.

The economic policies that they are 'investigating' seem to be to reduce all taxes except VAT which goes up for high value goods - all very unachievable and raising taxes on spending doesn't sound like a great plan for an economy barely out of recession.

It is a bit of an odd one but, like most Paddy Power campaigns, it gets people talking about them! They're a smart bunch.

Also nice to see UKIP's plan is costed....unlike Labour's NHS black hole of spending.

"Mr Farage said that the NHS would be safe in Ukip’s hands. This is simply incompatible with the classic Tory tax-cutting agenda that he then announced a few hours later, in which inheritance tax would be scrapped and those on skilled workers’ salaries would get a 5p income tax cut. The figures do not add up, and the gap between income and spending would widen still more if the flatter tax regime the party favours as a goal, with a further 5p cut in the top rate of income tax, ever came into force. Mr Farage is selling a lie."

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/26/editorial-ukip-conference-farage-phoney-flutter

Seems that not everyone thinks UKIP's plans for the NHS are that well-costed.

Last edited:
From today's Observer...........

"Tory chief whip Michael Gove held talks with Reckless after Carswell's defection as rumours circulated that he might be about to follow his close friend out of the party......."

There can be little surprise that he left then! :smile:

I'm backing the Tories (at 13/8) to keep this seat. The way Feckless Reckless has gone about this doesn't appear to have impressed the folk of Rochester. Or indeed the folk of Strood.

Was that a Freudian slip, or do you also think Farage speaks with a forked tongue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back