• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wales and freddie

south247

Coach⭐
IF Freddie stays with us; if he does well for Wales; if he travels to Slovkia for game on 12 September, then you can get a direct flight to Bratislava from Stansted pretty cheap.

If anyone wants suggestions on places to stay etc then let me know as I live here and can recommend some good watering holes.

Might see some of you here in September!

you are all probably right.

I will be going to game anyway as I have to for work.

Offer withdrawn

you are all probably right.

I will be going to game anyway as I have to for work.

Offer withdrawn

Of course there are some "ifs" there, but in the midst of all the wisecracks you lot ignored a decent friendly offer from a fellow Southend fan. I can think of more unlikely things, and even if it is unlikely why take the ****? Sheesh! :mad:

A Century: thanks for this. I must admit a feeling of 'why bother' after reading some of the comments. BUT I am and always will be a BLUE and if I see an opportunity to help fellow blues then I guess I will continue to do so - despite obvious quips and pejorative comments.

Of course there are what ifs.

My point simply is by booking early you can get cheap flights, someone (me) is prepared to do some donkey work for anyone coming over and it would be a good, cheap experience.

It is disappointing and I suppose not unexpected that there are a number of posters who would rather disparage and question: I was simply saying if this is looking likely let me know.

A Century if this all looks like a goer (less than 4 months away) then get in touch if you are coming and if you need anything. Shrimper2thecore same goes for you.

I guess the others will be content supporting Freddy in their own way. Their loss.

A Century: thanks for this. I must admit a feeling of 'why bother' after reading some of the comments. BUT I am and always will be a BLUE and if I see an opportunity to help fellow blues then I guess I will continue to do so - despite obvious quips and pejorative comments.

Of course there are what ifs.

My point simply is by booking early you can get cheap flights, someone (me) is prepared to do some donkey work for anyone coming over and it would be a good, cheap experience.

It is disappointing and I suppose not unexpected that there are a number of posters who would rather disparage and question: I was simply saying if this is looking likely let me know.

A Century if this all looks like a goer (less than 4 months away) then get in touch if you are coming and if you need anything. Shrimper2thecore same goes for you.

I guess the others will be content supporting Freddy in their own way. Their loss.

Thats a brilliant post South. Its seems to be the norm on this forum to pour scorn on anything vaguely optimistic, I for one, would love to see Freddy run out for a national team. If he can recapture his form from 05-06 (ok I know that the goat was instrumental in that) then I see absolutely no reason why he wouldn't be picked as a squad player for the Welsh national team.

Back