• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Was this the worst performance by a referee ever seen at the Hall

Respect it because one referee has backed up another? ********, there is no way a yellow card can be justified for that (and many other) decision(s)!

Read the rest of it chap and you'll see I said I didn't agree, but I respect the decision put forward by someone that ACTUALLY referees and knows more about the rules (and how to use them) than we do.

Read the rest of it chap and you'll see I said I didn't agree, but I respect the decision put forward by someone that ACTUALLY referees and knows more about the rules (and how to use them) than we do.

Don't be silly, Pb, NOBODY knows more about reffing (or managing, come to that) than your self-taught, eagle-eyed lifetime supporter!

"He's got the effin' reffin' answers, Graham Poll".

e-mail him and ask, his addy is in the Mail. He seems an OK chap - he said my girlfriend must be lovely because she lives in Tring as well as him!
He does reply fairly quickly.

Two points - firstly the referee blows for time the instant time is up except for the completion of a penalty kick) and secondly, the lino' gave a goal kick after their goalie shouted at him! It plainly wasn't a goal kick at all!

I was just behind the lino. He appeared not to know which way to give it and was waiting for the ref to decide. Eventually he flagged for for a goal kick, but everyone was lining up for the corner.

I think all of this confused the ref, so he just blew for full time (which, as RobM points out, he can do, as the ball does not have to be in play for him to blow for time),

The thing that was so infuriating about it was that it wasn't as if he came charging out and it hit his hand, he actually dived to make the save!! The worst decision I have seen at the Hall. Ever.

And secondly, anyone who complains about Mildenhall here, and I'm talking about a few certain individuals mainly - how would you like it if we had someone like Phillips in goal!? Think yourselves bloody lucky.

The thing that was so infuriating about it was that it wasn't as if he came charging out and it hit his hand, he actually dived to make the save!! The worst decision I have seen at the Hall. Ever.

And secondly, anyone who complains about Mildenhall here, and I'm talking about a few certain individuals mainly - how would you like it if we had someone like Phillips in goal!? Think yourselves bloody lucky.

Very true.

Mildenhall didn't have to do much, but I think he saved the ref's life with his (very very good) save against Lambert (?).

Phillips was running out happy! Secretly wants to be a striker.

disgusting decisions. deliberate handball is a straight red. lino didnt flag for clarks goal so i dont know what the ref (i think thats what he was) saw. he should be banned from the hall forever

Was that the game that Roget (black player) was sent off instead of Boere (white and 3" taller)?

Yes it was, missed a sending off, dissallowed a perfectly good goal, and made a few shocking decisions.

But Respect the referee.....

Was that the game that Roget (black player) was sent off instead of Boere (white and 3" taller)?

That was Oxford at home, a very long time ago (1997 i think). Roget had been booked previously, and then he booked him again for an offence Boere had committed at a corner. Roget was off, and we then let slip a 2-0 lead in the last 10 minutes

disgusting decisions. deliberate handball is a straight red. lino didnt flag for clarks goal so i dont know what the ref (i think thats what he was) saw. he should be banned from the hall forever
For the Clarke "goal" he quite clearly to my mind, and he was facing directly at me in the south upper, waved his hand in an across the field motion & mouthed "offside" several times. We, as you do when a goal is scored, had all immediately looked at the Asst Ref to see if there was a problem & he hadn't raised his flag at all.

Later when Robinson chased a ball down by the goal line & seemed, from my view which was pretty decent I feel, kept it in I again check the Asst Ref who again hadn't flagged. As Theo brought the ball away again the Ref himself gave the decision that the ball had gone out & as we looked in amazement only at that stage did the Asst Ref raise his flag.

In both of those cases the Asst Ref was in exactly the right place to "not" make a decision i.e. the get both correct IMHO & was over-ruled by the so called Referee, who in both instances was in a position where he had a far worse view of both incidents.

I thought I heard on the radio that he told the assessor that the Clarke "goal" was ruled out for a foul on the keeper, but I'm 99.9% certain that was not at all what he indicated at the time.

For the Clarke "goal" he quite clearly to my mind, and he was facing directly at me in the south upper, waved his hand in an across the field motion & mouthed "offside" several times. We, as you do when a goal is scored, had all immediately looked at the Asst Ref to see if there was a problem & he hadn't raised his flag at all.

Later when Robinson chased a ball down by the goal line & seemed, from my view which was pretty decent I feel, kept it in I again check the Asst Ref who again hadn't flagged. As Theo brought the ball away again the Ref himself gave the decision that the ball & as we looked in amazement only at that stage did the Asst Ref raise his flag.

In both of those cases the Asst Ref was in exactly the right place to "not" make a decision i.e. the get both correct IMHO & was over-ruled by the so called Referee, who in both instances was in a position where he had a far worse view of both incidents.

I thought I heard on the radio that he told the assessor that the Clarke "goal" was ruled out for a foul on the keeper, but I'm 99.9% certain that was what he indicated at the time.

I wonder if it was because he's a former Premiership linesman and he thought he was better than the linesman on this occasion.......

I think the referee in that game was our "friend" Steve Bennett, now employed each weekend to kiss the backsides of Ferguson, Benitez and Co.:thumbdown:

I wonder if it was because he's a former Premiership linesman and he thought he was better than the linesman on this occasion.......
I'm sure the arrogant little @rsehole does think he's better than all of us including the Asst Ref, particularly if the thing about his reg no. is correct. BUT in neither case was he in a better position than the Asst Ref, who had a clear view of both incidents & gave nothing on either occasion.

We give lino's regular stick on here for being cr@p & way behind play & it's a shame when a guy who did what he's supposed to do was over-ruled by an ego maniac who couldn't have seen much from where he was standing.

Last edited:
Back